LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Going to pass... Looking up the differences there was a TCU change and other bits I'm not interested in swapping. I would also need the rear diff to keep the gear ratios in line. Would rather keep mine, when needed rebuild it with a local shop and do a transgo kit. I don't need this complication in my life right now.

Brake pads are starting to show signs of replacement. Getting the ol squeeky squeeks. Now time to hunt for some new. Not sure if that means I'll need rotors.

Anything newer to the market that someone might recommend for pads? Just a daily

Brake pads are starting to show signs of replacement. Getting the ol squeeky squeeks. Now time to hunt for some new. Not sure if that means I'll need rotors.

Anything newer to the market that someone might recommend for pads? Just a daily

Not new, but I like the Stop Tech Streets or Street Selects. The Street Selects are pretty much the same as the Streets but quite a bit cheaper. I just tried a set on the XT, and I have the Streets on my bugeye. Can't really tell a difference between the two.

I really like the Project Mu NS400s. Kinda expensive, but I think the low dusting is so worth it.

Found a crack in my drivers side tail lamp. Ordered a set of JDM lamps, which ended being cheaper than one USDM OEM lamp.

Also, finally pulled the trigger on some wheels. Enkei GT7 18x8 +45 in silver. Any recs for the best tire size to run on these? 225/45, 235/40, or 245/40?

GT7s are like an evolution of the Imolas that I have. Good choice. I wish mine were silver.

As a data point, 245/40/18 Pilot Sport A/S 3+ have less than an index finger between the shock tower on my 18x8 +40s, with a little camber removed (less natural camber). (Thought I had a picture of that, but I can't find it.)

Ritter has 255/40/18s on 18x9 +40, but he has Bilstein HDs, which might give more clearance. https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5641023&postcount=268

The shock perch on the HDs is higher. I have miles of clearance there. It's the body that's all up in the way (mostly in the back).

I think I am going to run 245/45/18s as my next tire size to get my speedo back on track. I am also going to raise my car up some amount. Haven't decided between 1/2F -3/4r or 3/4f (already have that spacer) 1"r

Our EvoX is lower than my OB but rides way better on Apexi N1 coil overs. It's got me thinking about going to coil overs on the OB, wondering if there is a better ride compromise out there. Not going to raise it up though! Just haven't looked down the coil over rabbit hole yet. Edited by rebourne

Redbourne, I saw those in your build thread. They looked good and were one of the reasons I looked at the GT7s (plus I got them on discount and used an EBay coupon.) I like that the GT7 has a subtle lip, and in that size will clear STI Brembos, jic I ever go that route.

Rhitter, thanks for that. I might end up with 245/40s after all. There’s a bunch of WRX owners selling their OE Dunlop SportMaxxes for cheap around me. I’ve got a set of Bilstein HDs with Swift springs that I got from xtea a few months back. Still haven’t put them on, mostly because I was worried about the stock size OBXT tires rubbing.

Any idea how much of a drop that setup will give me over stock OBXT height? Not looking to be ‘hellaflush’ or whatever the kids say these days. Still have to drive around DC in it.

If I had gone height adjustable coilovers from the beginning I think I would have been happy. Much easier to swap springs / height around. As it is, I don't feel like spending the $3k+ for Ohlins.

And anything below that seems to be pretty hit or miss in terms of comfort / quality.

HDPE spacers are like $30

Correction. I got the Bilstein setup from Pik1111. I think Xtea had a similar setup on the forum around the same time that I had looked at.

Found this pic from the archived 'For Sale' thread. (duh, I should have looked here first. Forgot I had asked Pik1111 the same question.)

78495089aed79cc19ad80d2f9ace688e.jpg

correction. I got the bilstein setup from pik1111. I think xtea had a similar setup on the forum around the same time that i had looked at.

Found this pic from the archived 'for sale' thread. (duh, i should have looked here first. Forgot i had asked pik1111 the same question.)

78495089aed79cc19ad80d2f9ace688e.jpg

i like these rims :wub:

Model?

tsw nurburgring

Correction. I got the Bilstein setup from Pik1111. I think Xtea had a similar setup on the forum around the same time that I had looked at.

Found this pic from the archived 'For Sale' thread. (duh, I should have looked here first. Forgot I had asked Pik1111 the same question.)

It's easy to forget when we are sitting on parts.

if they were on a Legacy and you are planning on putting closer to Outback sized tires on them you will also "appear lower"

I recently switched from H-Techs to Swifts on JDM LGT Bilsteins. The Swifts make a huge difference in the ride - way better than the H-Techs. Here is what they look like on 245/45/18's and 3/4" rear saggy butt spacers. Wheels are 18x8.5 +40 Enkei TS-9. Yes, I had to do some work on the fenders under the overfender.

enhance

enhance

Edited by lil'redwagon

I recently switched from H-Techs to Swifts on JDM LGT Bilsteins. The Swifts make a huge difference in the ride - way better than the H-Techs. Here is what they look like on 245/45/18's and 3/4" rear saggy butt spacers. Wheels are 18x8.5 +40 Enkei TS-9. Yes, I had to do some work on the fenders under the overfender.

This is exactly the picture I was looking for, and in the same color too! TWINSIES!

Hoping that an 18x8 +45 with 245/40R18 will fit without too much work.

What kind of lip are you running?

The lip was a cheapie S204 ebay lip. It was this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-06-07-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Sti-S204-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-Body-Kit-PP/281391403707?epid=26003917685&hash=item41843c12bb:g:02wAAOSwLJ9aCcFo&frcectupt=true

It fit fine, I just had to trim a few inches off each end and use self tapping screws.

A sfar as fitting 245/40/18s, you should be ok. It would be shorter than the 45s so you're better in that dimension, and the wheels are narrower and higher offset, so better in that dimension too. If you do have to do any work, it's pretty forgiving on this car because of the plastic overfender. My metal fenders are cut and rolled under the overfender, but since you can just snap the overfender back on over it, it looks like there hasn't been any work done at all.

Edited by lil'redwagon