LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Speaking of brakes, I did a quickie front brake job today. Just Duralast rotors and pads. Brakes started squealing like an angry pig on the drive back up from Chapel Hill on Sunday.

I’ve got a Brembo swap that should be going on once I’ve got rest of the bushings changed out front.

I am about to buy one of these. Do any of you know if the more expensive kit is really worth it? This car is mostly used for family outings; car is at times carrying heavy loads too (e.g. planning more road trips for the remaining of the year. may pull a trailer or something).

wow, just found the exact same kit $50 cheaper! I will most likely get this one.

https://www.carid.com/centric/preferred-plain-front-and-rear-brake-kit-mpn-906-47031.html?singleid=207529751

Edit: meh, never mind. When you add shipping and tax, it is about the same as ebay...

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Do these fit the stock OBXT rotor size? If yes, where did you get them? I am going to refresh my brakes now.

Yes, OBXT sized. I have the part numbers somewhere. They match FRS/BRZ IIRC.

Here they are:

Front: PS4F914

Rear: PS4R914

Project Mu NS400s

I have all stock sized brakes.

Shop around, prices are all over the place. I got one set from CARiD directly and one from Tuneshop via eBay.

Edited by rebourne

Replaced both OCVs today. Got a P0011 on the way home and logs showed the right side OCV was consistently 10+ off of the left side.

Will do some more logging tomorrow to confirm that there isn’t anything else going on.

Been going back and forth my lady to maybe get rid of my 08. It's at 82k and I owe 7900 so I may be listing it for sell. Around these parts I figured I can list it around 12 and see what kind of offers I get. Or if CarMax will by it.

She likes the new Lexus nx300, which I'll admit is a sharp vehicle. Hopefully next week's dropping of the new outback can change her mind though to want to stick with Subaru

Dadbod, banjo bolt filters checked/removed?

Checked all but the one under the turbo. So far, no filters in the bolts. Will try to get to the turbo one when I've got some more time later today.

Logs show the OVCs performing normally now. Fingers crossed that was it...:spin:

Looks like you'll loose some cargo space with the Lexus though.

That's true, I think it's because she's attracted to more comfort and tech that it offers. With the new legacy looking pretty mint, you'd have to assume most of that is going into this new outback. So I'm crossing my fingers the new look will win her back. She thinks the ride of my current outback it too rough. Then again she drives a Mazda 6 currently

mmh. May still want to check just to be sure.

So I gather you have removed the filter on the banjo bolt behind the timing belt cover on the driver side? Also, is this for an 05 or 08?

It's an 08. And no, haven't checked the one behind the timing cover (crap, forgot about that one :spin::spin::spin: )

Anyone know if that can be done without doing the timing belt too?

It's an 08. And no, haven't checked the one behind the timing cover (crap, forgot about that one :spin::spin::spin: )

Anyone know if that can be done without doing the timing belt too?

Yes it can be done if you are willing to use a dremel :). HAMMERDOWN showed how he did it. I'll try to find that post and link it here.

Yes it can be done if you are willing to use a dremel :). HAMMERDOWN showed how he did it. I'll try to find that post and link it here.

I have a Dremel and I'm willing to use it :lol: