LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

7 hours ago, kzr750r1 said:

Alignment check up tomorrow afternoon. Going to test some more for rub tonight and confirm no spacers needed. Lock to lock no issue only seen some possible rub under compression on the rear inner fender that I may live with for now.

It's tight! But looks like this combo will worK as I've hoped. :)

Please post plenty of pictures when finished?

• Thanks 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Was going to take some sunset shots yesterday evening. My plans changed with the weather and road closures. Tumble weeds were blowing all over the canyon and started raining heavy just before sunset. So I just hung out at a friends and enjoyed the evening.

More soon.

image.thumb.jpeg.292743427bef4ab1ea67f292fff05783.jpeg

Edited by kzr750r1
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

While replacing 4qt of ATF, Trans filter and four of the six hoses the Tans shop buchard with worm gear clamps found another mistake they made.

Aside from the WIX filter for the ATF loop. :(

I'm seeing a paper gasket for the trans pan where I don't see one mentioned in the manuals. We have some seepage happening.

Only Three Bond 1217B mentioned. In addition there are three holes that must be filled. These are inline with the bolt holes.

So I can only guess the shop used an aftermarket gasket kit.

Clearly right stuff used to stuff the trans to the diff. Huge amount of squeeze out on the outside. Likely the same on the inside. So... getting time of the 1217B from the stealership soon and some more ATF to drop this pan and stick this puppy back on by the book.

Also have an alternate fuel regulator setup installed. Seems to have made a difference. A bit smoother but time will tell.

Edited by kzr750r1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was bored and the weather was nice so I decided to install my jdm suspension with sti pinks. Hoping in the next week or so to swap all the control arms to the spec b stuff and hotchkis sway bars

IMG_4025.jpeg

• Like 5

Did the first step to the paint correction. When I got the car the the original owner either never washed it or used very hard water and never dried it so the water spots and stains on the paint drove me crazy.

IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_3398.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

• Like 4

Had a weird happenstance Saturday.

Was at the Berkeley UC campus with my daughter.

While moving the car to another parking spot the PS pump locked up.

By the time I could pull over in the next 50' the vbelt was smoking!

Come to find a stray bolt I had not placed back on the cover bracket worked its way behind the pump pulley. It lodge itself between the pulley and the housing. Locking up the SP.

Took a few min to sort out what I could do. Didn't have the tools 3mm allen to pull the cover. But I was able to remove the snorkus and get my paws in there. Pulley was not budging without some pressure.

Finally took the lug wrench out of the trunk and used it to force the bolt loose with a couple of palm whacks.

Fished out the bolt with the spare screwdriver and yakama allen tool.

Two lessons learned.

1) get some more tools in the car for emergency.

2) dont assume the HW is MIA until confirmed MIA.

Work performed needing to take it off was weeks ago. Never figured it would have been there still. Had already replaced it with another unit. Happy this happened to me and not my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

So the other day in the rain , it felt like the rear of the car was on ice. So I jacked it up and found the upper lateral link was only on because of the bolt. So gave me an excuse to finally install the white line kit and sway bar while I was there. 
(if anything is in the wrong orientation please let me know being I just went for it )

IMG_4105.heic

Saturday I put an STI exhaust on my car.   When I removed the passenger outback muffler, the drivers side snapped off at the Y.... exposing a lot of muffler hair.

Needless to say,  the car is much happier not being choked on its exhaust and it no longer sounds like a screaming banshee.   I also replaced the VF52 two weeks ago.  Still hunting for a tuner to help out as I'm still running with the wastegate duty cycle zero'ed out.   I've been reading a lot about tuning etc and might take a whack at it myself.   Learning how to keep things ultra conservative for now. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 5:29 PM, Turbomister2 said:

So the other day in the rain , it felt like the rear of the car was on ice. So I jacked it up and found the upper lateral link was only on because of the bolt. So gave me an excuse to finally install the white line kit and sway bar while I was there. 
(if anything is in the wrong orientation please let me know being I just went for it )

IMG_4099.MOV

IMG_4105.heic 499.15 kB · 0 downloads

The forum does not like the iphone "live" photo/videos. Just learned this.

Try taking a still and uploading a .jpg file instead.

@Turbomister2 your car looks beautiful! It's a great color too, though I am biased. 

If you haven't already take the wheel off and check the upper control arm for play. Take a picture of the suspension connections from the wheel well with that wheel off too, and post it.

@jonnyt88 which STi exhaust did you install? Pics?

• Thanks 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

On 4/24/2024 at 2:05 AM, Febreze Mee said:

@Turbomister2 your car looks beautiful! It's a great color too, though I am biased. 

If you haven't already take the wheel off and check the upper control arm for play. Take a picture of the suspension connections from the wheel well with that wheel off too, and post it.

@jonnyt88 which STi exhaust did you install? Pics?

The standard STi exhaust.  I think from a 2020.   Happy to see it had no issues with my hitch either.  I haven't gotten the hangers moved / tips adjusted yet.. I'll snag some pictures in a bit

• Like 1