LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

If I keep my HU on CD, it works fine. I've got one of the blank audio "Jazzy mod" CDs in it, with the phono connector plugged into a Bluetooth module. If I change it to AM/FM then back to CD, or about half the time it loses battery, it will just grind against the CD until it gives up. I have to pull the fuse before it will try again. When it gets like this, I bang it with a rubber mallet. (You bang what with the mallet?) I bang the face of the HU or the side of the console, until the it starts reading the CD or it gives up. Not much time to get it to find that groove before it gives up and I have to pull the fuse and start over again.

Thankfully it's been solid through a few power cycles lately. I no longer keep the mallet in the car. But I do live in fear of a silent drive home.

My center dash displays flicker as well, I sometimes have to push on the panel to get it to stabilize. I found this youtube video, but haven't tried it yet. It might be the solution!

It's either that or some solder joints that need to be hit. Nice find! Will have to take a look and not chuck mine in the Ewaste bin.

Have to say though having a radio with USB and BT is a huge upgrade for the car. I've never had these options in a car before.

I purchased a set of used enkei pf01 wheels. 1 has very minor curb rash. Hopefully I can pick them up by the end of the week.

I just realized I put this in the wagon thread...I must be tired.

If it helps, I like the PF01s a lot and was strongly considering them.

sheesh. that bike must have forged internals and sound like a tractor when you first head out on the trails. maybe some nice Michelin tires too...

It has all the right buzzwords, 4 piston calipers, made in america (aluminium frame), most highly prized tires in the industry, custom powder coat, etc etc.

Edited by Rhitter

It's either that or some solder joints that need to be hit. Nice find! Will have to take a look and not chuck mine in the Ewaste bin.

Have to say though having a radio with USB and BT is a huge upgrade for the car. I've never had these options in a car before.

yeah, would be nice to have that in the outback. have having an aux cord that plugs into my phone whenever i want to listen to portable music.

I actually mostly listen to the engine and random clunks and whirs that the car makes instead, as i imagine new ways to invent the wheel.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

yeah, would be nice to have that in the outback. have having an aux cord that plugs into my phone whenever i want to listen to portable music.

I actually mostly listen to the engine and random clunks and whirs that the car makes instead, as i imagine new ways to invent the wheel.

Nexus 7 (combined with back up camera, oem steering wheel button controls, USB DAC, 128 GB USB stick, BtSsm via VAG COM cable, soundstream preamp, phoenix gold Ti2 1600.5 amp, custom made subwoofer cabinet made by bonbon) FTW :cool::cool:

This was last week, I think, but didn't have time to post about it...

My right low beam went out, so I finally installed Morimoto HID retrofits I bought from the classifieds 2+ years ago. Morimito v6.0 HIDs with white/amber switch back halos

Before:

47170376061_3e8574d97a_c.jpg

After

32228532867_e4e5c8639d_c.jpg

I still need to dial in the aim. The cut off line on the left one is lower than the right. But with all the light polution in LA, I can only notice that when they are shining on my garage door.

Headlights are LGT/Outback, but that bumper is so Outback specific, I'm not going to cross post to the What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today thread. :lol: More details and pictures in my build thread.

Edited by rebourne

So tonight, I was going to troubleshoot why my brand new oil pressure sending unit was not working. Well, I found out that it was connected wrong :redface:. I replicated what the previous owner did, which was not a good thing. I am not sure if I 'killed' the device. But when it was time to check it, I noticed oil residue on the driver side valve cover around #2. Started to slightly freak out. Long story short, the o-ring at the base of the oil filler neck appeared to have failed (162K -- and I removed it once 30k ago). Never seen this before. Gonna replace this ASAP. I also managed to destroy the positive terminal clamp of the battery :mad:.

Well, as I was looking for the part number for this oring, I stumbled upon the full gasket kit thread I created several years back. Lo and behold, I found the part number in there (806922040). Ran in the garage to check the left over parts from my 2013 full gasket kit. And yep, that oring was in there! So I just installed it.

IMG_20190227_220314.thumb.jpg.8278ba6fa292354fbc59c51949679005.jpg

IMG_20190227_220335.thumb.jpg.c6dbaedfdaced65df01337281a2ebb20.jpg

IMG_20190227_234359.thumb.jpg.0a7b6ec1936370dfdc47db05c843b569.jpg

IMG_20190227_234408.thumb.jpg.5244e84497bfb05d14a0745152bd555b.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Nexus 7 (combined with back up camera, oem steering wheel button controls, USB DAC, 128 GB USB stick, BtSsm via VAG COM cable, soundstream preamp, phoenix gold Ti2 1600.5 amp, custom made subwoofer cabinet made by bonbon) FTW :cool::cool:

All the above is awesome, it's acquiring that JDM cubby pod AND swallowing it's cost that isn't awesome.

Then do like me: use the OEM one. 100$ or so. Or you can get a used one cheap.

You will only loose a bit of screen real estate at the bottom but it works great otherwise. I personally prefer this one as I do no like the look of the N7 on a bezel where the usable screen does not fill the whole slot.

Here is an old picture which you have probably seen a few years back.

1azRgI5GCt2JiwJVIL1KHU2xTSfHwZVppLHLn1NOQ8u9Znjti4RtRAmL3lh71Opf9qIBiFU52Pu7TDJ8fpd9KKg7UAzHQ1xVMd-aM6YXqjlUEJtcJh-282EIfKoyCmkv1QSwrrje_ByEZjhKzU4Peq_8m8pUt9TLrkX039Oajol2O4YDQTNhIGs2d0-D5vvnpPUBylkRLAKYUhjHEPpMa7Zy4eOJs_x8rcFxJzqOPaR4fWsclzhDz3B-qoksMFfrQb6dtnAXZOuvptoSPIlGBUGnWG1hnCnGovd8rsEH-je8JAYSThwFybcNY1moJ29rTHSiZQqmAdIRG8Q-_L5bSIBXX4nyvpNrBEH-iHXYe8FM-PN1v12GgAHu0ftntx4L6ty_f2YdaQwMFP9rz9vpPrXeBBjp7YLeFSI2Lfxeto-rtLEFdQMJDqn4YQOf4A98cKj7P1Rlw64wdAEuep4cmW6PLBsrlBl9feh3vEqDHpwqHfOGeuenZzEJALHa_6tWugwbQCRbgPMaebyTUtCAK1-MYLKnHbAeYPtvhEja1XXp7UDcjgzjsBYwlUjV3QsbWQHB9GzGB0DTPUgoGGNY1xG2qDekE90=w1327-h995-no

I should also mention that I've been using this thing for almost 3 years with zero issues.

what you see below the N7 is a button which is hooked to the power button of the N7 in case I need to reboot it. It also lights up red when I turn the parking lights on :cool:

The OEM HU is a decoy for the burglars :lol:. I do not use it. It is definitely a waste of space. Believe it or not, I am actually thinking of installing a 2nd N7 there. this way, one will be dedicated to BtSsm and music, while the other to Navigation.

I should note that I do use the power button of the OEM HU to turn on my preamp and Phoenix Gold amp. I need to make an updated video of this installation. I have a youtube video showing my original setup. Almost 3 years old now :spin:.