LegacyGT.com

The official 2020 Legacy thread

aac0036

"Audi has confirmed the continuously variable transmission (CVT) is now dead"

That was back in 2014. Its a dog guys, sorry but anyone with a mechanical aptitude can see that. Metal on Metal with no teeth = Fail.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me, it looks like a Tesla interior.

Looking fw to full release and specs.

The lease is up on my BMW 535 in July and I would not mind coming back to Legacy once again.

I would agree. Looking forward to the unveiling. Especially if it offers the 2.4 turbo.

That was back in 2014. Its a dog guys, sorry but anyone with a mechanical aptitude can see that. Metal on Metal with no teeth = Fail.

and yet here we are in 2019 and CVT is still around. Just because Audi could not get it to work does not mean others didn't.

as for CVT fail, naw Lots of AGCO equipment and CAT equipment use them but of a different design (planetary + hydrostatic power unit).

Here's another gem from Audi:

Audi Plans to Bring More Diesel Engines to the USA

...The new cars to offer diesel engines will be the Q5 midsize SUV, along with the A6 and A8 sedans. The US version of the A4 cannot yet accommodate the European diesel engine, so prospective buyers will have to wait until around 2015, when the car is set for a redesign.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/audi-plans-bring-more-diesel-engines-usa-80129

Who remembers what happened in 2015?! :lol:

Sadly impossible to meet emissions standards only apply to the USA and parts of Europe.

All those cars you guys have parked in the dessert could be driven in most other countries around the world.

Of course the emissions standards are stupid. The greenies have not thought out the energy and pollution and resources required to replace all those cars now sitting in the dessert. This is what you get when stupid people are in power.

If they were not all left hand drive cars you could ship some here.

Ooo ooo I remember! It made my seeming worst car decision of buying a problematic Sportwagen TDI into the best financial decision about buying a car I ever made.

I can believe that! They had to pay top dollar. A lot of people made out well on that.

Ooo ooo I remember! It made my seeming worst car decision of buying a problematic Sportwagen TDI into the best financial decision about buying a car I ever made.

Wait are you the Same dgoodhue that was Fred's TDI Club

Sadly impossible to meet emissions standards only apply to the USA and parts of Europe.

All those cars you guys have parked in the dessert could be driven in most other countries around the world.

Of course the emissions standards are stupid. The greenies have not thought out the energy and pollution and resources required to replace all those cars now sitting in the dessert. This is what you get when stupid people are in power.

If they were not all left hand drive cars you could ship some here.

Preach on, preach on.....

https://mediamanager.subaru.com//content/media/mp_video_1280/20TDI_LEGpl012_Loopable.mp4

https://www.subaru.com/content/dam/subaru/auto-show/cas2019/cas2019-stage1/Phase_1_2_Header_DT_1920x609.jpg

Notes embedded in the page code have a gen typo... referring to the BO/BT gen as the 5th gen, instead of the 7th (Legacy) and 6th (Outback) gen. lol

"The all-new 2020 Subaru Legacy. Love, for all the right reasons. Explore the bold future of the Subaru Legacy at the Chicago Auto Show. The Legacy has been in production in Lafayette, Indiana (Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.) since 1989, and the newest fifth-generation model builds on 30 years of Subaru engineering to be the safest, most comfortable, most spacious, most advanced, and best-driving ever. You can be among the first to see the best Legacy we’ve ever made when we stream live from the 2019 Chicago Auto Show on February 7"

Ascent produces 260hp and 277ftlb, so for legacy at minimum it's 260 and 277. I would prefer it be uprated to something like 300/280 that would be a steal.

If they put the FA24DIT in the Legacy, I kind of doubt they will raise the ratings much if at all because I think they will stick with a 87 octane requirement. The mass public see premium gas as turn off at the Legacy's price point. A coworker of mine bought a new 2011 Legacy and chose the 3.6R over GT not because he could or would not drive a standard. The choice was regular vs premium.

Better than 6th gen but still meh. More conservative than VAG facelifts and gen-to-gen updates.

Those wheels, the chrome on the door handles. And of course the vanilla rated FA24DIT (it doesn't respond well to t00ning BTW). Maybe there is still some hope though.

1.PNG.8305ad47347ee75d9c74f1a0b13a7a7f.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.00127fb867235a60db4d125c404f2a94.PNG

3.PNG.2dcc2667f65029ac321660b80fc02712.PNG

4.PNG.24348a74f7f6a07157f2bd8ebfdd6e2f.PNG

5.PNG.b4947ed6d9f746321a2b2feae0123982.PNG

6.PNG.c20ce55bb439c27acfef7d76085d2011.PNG

7.thumb.PNG.8da8051b648156513776eb5e50bf0dce.PNG

8.thumb.PNG.d271cc7117e5b095bc21551dbeaf82eb.PNG

9.thumb.PNG.f35db2a052dca541c69adba4cd6b7378.PNG

10.PNG.00a389939faf0ad626cdfb34c25b2bff.PNG

11.thumb.PNG.e38b881b7384d309483b35629fbc20b2.PNG

I would agree still meh. I think it looks nice. The rear is nicer. The front I'm not so sure how I feel yet. The wheels aren't as nice. The seats look much nicer. They are throwing a turbo in it as well which will be nice. My question will be is the Turbo going to be exclusive to the Touring XT or will it be an option in other models? Overall a nice Subaru product.

2020 Legacy Press Release:

http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do?id=1397&contentId=3139

February 7, 2019 , Chicago, IL -

SUBARU STORMS INTO WINDY CITY WITH ALL-NEW SEVENTH-GENERATION 2020 LEGACY

Debuts at 2019 Chicago Auto Show

Subaru Global Platform: quietness, stability, agility

New XT models with 260-horsepower 2.4-liter turbocharged BOXER engine

Upgraded 182-horsepower 2.5-liter BOXER engine

New tablet-style high-definition STARLINK 11.6-inch Multimedia infotainment system

Refined, cavernous interior featuring high-grade materials

New Touring trim with genuine Nappa leather

Available new segment-exclusive DriverFocus Distraction Mitigation System

Advanced, dynamic look with wider fenders and higher trunk surface

Looks great. I like that they didn't make it too extreme like the new Accords and Civics that are out.

Hooray, welcome back XT! I love the idea of the Limited or Touring XT next time - I just leased a Forester Premium... that car has a lot of pep, I mention this because apparently the FB25DI was the basis for the non-turbo in the Gen7 Legacy. Not sure what they did with the CVT aside from change the fluid though, that's interesting.

Putting out a request for more info about the CVT.

Speech mentioned something about the auto lane centering. Not sure if this is the basic lane keep assist we have now or some new revision of it.

After driving the 19 Foz for about a month, I would like to have LKA be a little more aggressive about keeping me in the center of the lane, like essentially autopiloting me around. It doesn't do much now as-is for me, so if I'm going to turn on the LKA, I'd want it to actually keep me in the lane instead of ping ponging me.

Archived