LegacyGT.com

The official 2020 Legacy thread

aac0036

Yes, it does. But you know what else the WRX has? A completely different EVERYTHING than the Legacy.

So again, the idea of "retaining" the 6MT would be appropriate if speaking of the WRX, but not for the Legacy which hasn't had a MT option throughout the entire 6th generation of the model.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So again, the idea of "retaining" the 6MT would be appropriate if speaking of the WRX, but not for the Legacy which hasn't had a MT option throughout the entire 6th generation of the model.

Canada had a 2.5i 6MT 6th Gen from 2015-2017, but never the less the 7th Gen isn't getting a MT.

Wow 6th gen came with manual transmission? Australia only gets CVT now (unless WRX model).

Yes we get the same rubbish in New Zealand, thats why I'm glued to developments of the 7th Generation WRX STi as its going to be my last hope for a Subaru as my next car with 6MT. If they don't get it right, then I'm gone.

My current 2005 Subaru is perfect, 6MT and Bilstein suspension, 18inch factory alloys etc. so I have not had to spend a cent on performance upgrades and throw half the car in the bin because its already done for me. Basically its an STi wagon.

• 3 weeks later...
No eyesight hardware? That mean no changes to current gen tech?

More crap you don't need in your car to go wrong. You do all realise that your paying for all that extra crap don't you ?

Did I mention I just love my steering wheel, its a factory leather MOMO wheel with absolutely NO BUTTONS on it just the horn. Jeeez thats almost retro these days.

KISS - Keep It Simple Simon.

Eyesight is standard here even on the base model.

Yes but I think they are having big trouble integrating it into a manual which is good news.

Darn it the push for continued "Safety" and "Emissions" is really stuffing up the "Drivers Car".

Do new car owners really want alot of these features or are they just having them jammed down their throats ?

There has been numerous improvements in engineering over the years, but now some of the new stuff is just not essential.

Edited by Tronic

• 1 month later...

January 31, 2019 , Camden, N.J. -

SUBARU TO DEBUT ALL-NEW 2020 LEGACY AT CHICAGO AUTO SHOW

Subaru of America announced today that it will reveal the all-new 2020 Legacy at the Chicago Auto Show on February 7th.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subaru Corporation of Japan. Headquartered at a zero-landfill office in Camden, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 630 retailers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. SOA is guided by the Subaru Love Promise, which is the company’s vision to show love and respect to everyone, and to support its communities and customers nationwide. Over the past 20 years, SOA has donated more than $120 million to causes the Subaru family cares about, and its employees have logged more than 40,000 volunteer hours. As a company, Subaru believes it is important to do its part in making a positive impact in the world because it is the right thing to do.

For additional information visit media.subaru.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Via Autoblog.com

http://i65.tinypic.com/smejv9.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/a2x98i.jpg

Seems like the dashboard will be more upright and better suited to a crossover (AKA the Outback) rather than more horizontal and car-like, similar to the 5th gen's was.

I wish Subaru would smarten up and abandon the Legacy, focus their resources on crossovers and making their safety systems compatible with manuals to retain their significant flock of enthusiasts.

Edited by aac0036

Never will happen they tasted the sales figures of bland easy to pilot vehicles. The WRX MT option is the last true MT option you should expect from Subaru look for it to disappear from ALL models across the various models refreshes.

At least now we wont have to convert to a RHD HVAC setup just to get decent sound :lol:

To me, it looks like a Tesla interior.

Makes sense - Tesla is seen as the leader in UI design these days, looks good on presentations. But if it's good from a usability perspective is a completely different matter.

453747.png

Went to Phila. Auto show today and no 2020 Legacy there maybe at the NY show later on.

https://www.subaru.com/2020-legacy

2020 Legacy will Debut on 2/7 at the Chicago Auto show. I'm going to the Philly Auto Show on Tuesday.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26097908/subaru-legacy-sedan-confirmed-2020/

Infotainment system looks similar to Volvo's setup.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Shame looks like its the end of the line for the Legacy for me, they just get worse and worse. If its CVT then its well and truly dead.

My only hope is the WRX STi now as long as they keep the 6MT and don't go hybrid and even then its going to be nothing to get excited about unless its over 350Hp.

Edited by Tronic

Shame looks like its the end of the line for the Legacy for me, they just get worse and worse. If its CVT then its well and truly dead.

Where have you been? The Legacy hasn't had a MT in the their optional engine since 2012. The base 2.5i drop the 6MT after 2014. The 2015 up have been all CVT. Even the 2013 Legacy GT that JDM and other market got was a CVT with the FA20DIT.

I wish Subaru would smarten up and abandon the Legacy, focus their resources on crossovers and making their safety systems compatible with manuals to retain their significant flock of enthusiasts.

Anyone who thinks that enthusiasts are a core market for Subaru is delusional.

peeps out there whining about no MT but people have not been buying them for years... no need for one in a a to b car... given the sneak peaks of newest legacy and what I am guessing is the outback, comfort and features are the rule of the day while they continue to use the CVT to maximize fuel economy and emissions.