LegacyGT.com

The official 2020 Legacy thread

aac0036

Regardless I think 2020 and 2021 are going to be critical years for enthusiasts in terms of seeing where the brand as a whole is going with their mainstream v. performance oriented offerings.

I think if your expecting the 2020 Legacy (and Outback) to have anything more than current 3.6R HTCVT package with the 2.4DIT engine replacing the 3.6 then your going to disappointed.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be fine with that. I loved the fit, finish and drive of my 2016 so a 2.4 turbo in the Legacy would be nice. I am skeptical about its looks however based on the spy shots. I really dig the 2015+ including the refresh so hopefully they don't ruin it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I just don't understand why the WRX stays on the old platform for years after a new Impreza platform is introduced. Subaru is so weird, and for a company that's always looking to cut costs, I'm surprised they'd keep an old platform around just for the WRX crowd. But that aside, the new Impreza Sport needs a power plant worthy of the Sport moniker.

latest wrx platform was introduced in the 2015 model. Latest impreza was just introduced in 2018. That's only about 3 years though.

latest wrx platform was introduced in the 2015 model. Latest impreza was just introduced in 2018. That's only about 3 years though.

Yeah, it's just that it's the Impreza WRX. I never thought of it as a separate car model, just kind of like the GT was to the Legacy, but obviously Subaru treats it as a separate line.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, it's just that it's the Impreza WRX. I never thought of it as a separate car model, just kind of like the GT was to the Legacy, but obviously Subaru treats it as a separate line.

I would treat them different if one was built solely in Japan and the other here in America.

• 1 month later...

Whats happening with Subaru ? Their cars are going backwards in appeal.

I was looking at the 2020 Subaru WRX Sti in the hope they were just going to produce that concept car with a 6 speed manual and a new engine of at least 350Hp.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/2020-subaru-wrx-sti-takes-shape-114196/

Just dump that wheel arch design and go back to normal but the rest is awesome.

Instead there is talk of no manual transmission and electric real wheel drive. Im not sure about you guys buy my Legacy is looking better by the year.

Future options for replacing it look worse as the years go by. All this "Safety First" is really killing cars for owners that actually like driving. Apart from the ABS its better without all the new driver "Aids". Your paying for all that crap and its more to go wrong.

Perhaps they may produce a limited edition car ? I live in hope. I would buy one of those going off just the pictures with 6MT and 350Hp.

Subaru is planning an unveil for the LA Auto Show in a few weeks. Not sure what I will be though because I thought the Legacy would debut at the Chicago Auto Show but we will see. It might be boring and a simple improvement over the current model but I always enjoy seeing the changes and hearing why the made the changes they did.

Whats happening with Subaru ? Their cars are going backwards in appeal.

I was looking at the 2020 Subaru WRX Sti in the hope they were just going to produce that concept car with a 6 speed manual and a new engine of at least 350Hp.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/2020-subaru-wrx-sti-takes-shape-114196/

Just dump that wheel arch design and go back to normal but the rest is awesome.

Instead there is talk of no manual transmission and electric real wheel drive. Im not sure about you guys buy my Legacy is looking better by the year.

Future options for replacing it look worse as the years go by. All this "Safety First" is really killing cars for owners that actually like driving. Apart from the ABS its better without all the new driver "Aids". Your paying for all that crap and its more to go wrong.

Perhaps they may produce a limited edition car ? I live in hope. I would buy one of those going off just the pictures with 6MT and 350Hp.

Subaru, like other manufactuers have to look to meet the unobtainium EPA regulations and that comes at the cost of quality/durability...

We don't have all the emissions regulations in this country.

Vehicle modifications a plenty and people pull the catalytic converters out of their cars.

No need to go Electric unless you really want too or we start getting driven that way by Petrol prices that are already way higher than the USA anyway.

My life has been about electronics but I wouldn't buy an electric car as yet, its just not economic for me and power electronics just goes bang in far less time than the combustion engine.

How about a Ford Fusion Sport competitor? Maybe not the best time to bring that up, with Ford sadly giving up on the sedan market, but the Fusion is a larger platform with some sportiness. No need to go more compact when you've got the new Impreza basically equal in size to the 4th gen Legacy. They just need to offer a turbocharger on the Impreza Sport's anemic 2 liter boxer!

Bored here at work on a Saturday, figured I'd reply to this post.

We test drove a Fusion Sport AWD back before we bought the 2016 Outback 3.6R. I didn't like the center console, it was shinny hard plastic and looked like it would scratch very easy. Also didn't care for how it felt driving it, I can't recall all the details but the Outback was a much more solid feel. It didn't have "eyesight" either.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bored here at work on a Saturday, figured I'd reply to this post.

We test drove a Fusion Sport AWD back before we bought the 2016 Outback 3.6R. I didn't like the center console, it was shinny hard plastic and looked like it would scratch very easy. Also didn't care for how it felt driving it, I can't recall all the details but the Outback was a much more solid feel. It didn't have "eyesight" either.

I think over here you would be comparing the Subaru WRX STi to the Ford Focus RS.

https://www.ford.co.nz/cars/focus-rs/

Its pretty much as close as you will get. The Ford is more expensive. Do you get this in the USA ?

We already know how to deal with marshmallow suspension. But I think a bigger question is whether they will preserve the 6MT option.

Preserve? How do you preserve a feature which doesn't exist?

No, the Legacy is going to be mated to a variant of the same CVT in the Ascent.

Archived