LegacyGT.com

The official 2020 Legacy thread

aac0036

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure how they made the Legacy blend in further with the other sedans but they did! Still it has nice lines and hopefully better alloy options as those make it look more Tarus than Legacy.

that XT trims sounds nice still will be overpriced for the segment

Motor Trend posted a less press-releasy take on the new Legacy. Nice that the turbo's back, but CVT being the only option is not much fun.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/legacy/2020/2020-subaru-legacy-first-look-review/?wc_mid=4035:15779&wc_rid=4035:1070346&_wcsid=161BD8917BB43E49126522EAB2C8C7A9EEABF41658B05F88

Maybe, but why would they say the 32%(???) horsepower gains? Makes me think of something different. I mean, they didn't mention anything like that with the Ascent launch, so why now?

32% LESS losses compared to before. So, if the previous drivetrain loss was 20%, it's now 0.20 * 0.68 = 0.136, or around 14%. If it was 30%, it's now ~20%, etc..

Haven't read about it - worked on a few Ascents using SubaruEdit, FA20DITs setup is better suited (from TMIC to exhaust setup) to respond to t00ning. Back to regularly scheduled BO/BT programming.

Any thoughts about reasonable potential with new setup, maybe with E85? Is the CVT the limiting factor, as I fear?

32% LESS losses compared to before. So, if the previous drivetrain loss was 20%, it's now 0.20 * 0.68 = 0.136, or around 14%. If it was 30%, it's now ~20%, etc..

The prior HTCVT had drivetrain losses closer to 30%. The transmission losses themselves aren't separated out from the rest of the drivetrain.

The exterior looks like a refreshed 6th Gen Legacy. Nice to see the 2.4DIT (Subaru dropped the Forester XT last year so you never know). The CVT is what it is. The Outback should get the same treatment and that is what I more likely to buy as I need a vehicle to tow my boat.

I notice in the press release that Subaru finally put a 19mm rear sway bar on these vehicles which has been a popular upgrade of the 16mm that has been standard.

oh hello. were any of you expecting a performance sedan from Subaru instead of a top trim Camry competitor? I wasn't. when toyota starts making a V6 6MT Camry with bilstein suspension, and sells alot of them, then you might see a real LGT. Until then, the 2.4DIT is the EZ36R replacement on an otherwise top trim family sedan.

Im more annoyed at subaru over a lack of 5-door wrx, or that they still wont make a regular Legacy wagon. I guess the return of the outback XT is imminent at least.

It doesn't look that bad and the interior improvements are nice and welcomed.

260hp as well as the torque is a little bit disappointing but lets be realistic. Most folks, tree hugers, moms & etc who buy these cars as basic transportation and will be impressed by it.

I will need more technical info as well as pricing to see if I want one. Otherwise back to new upcoming BMW 340 X-drive or another 5 series.

I had to come in here. I just had to see the Turbo Excitement flood the forum with such.... WUUUUUT?????? WTF? A f****** CVT here too??? God damn it...

Well there’s always that STI LXT (see that?) coming. Right? I mean there was in ‘04.... ‘09.... ‘14.... :lol:

Welcome back Turbo!!! :dm:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived