LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

25mm like FL Legacy did.

Car is stock height, no rubs at all on my dirt road.

I like it alot better. The inset wheels always bothered me. I couldn't find a set of wheels at the salvage yard I liked, either the color was wrong or they were chewed up. I don't have $1200 for new wheels atm sooooo.....this will do for now.

I think I might plastidip the grill a flat black to match the headlights. Is that stuff tough enough to hold up on the front of the car to stones and bugs?

Edited by poconoracing

I do nothing with my car for a long time. My tein suspension and JDM backdoor spoiler stuck in the middle of the shipping route due to covid as well as GPS tein active controller kit from Japan. Seems I have to postpone these upgrades till the next spring.

Changed the oil with 4.5 liters of Shell Helix Ultra (Penzoil Platinum Euro) 0w40 and the filter with an OE Tokyo Roki 15208AA100.

Noticed vibration shifting to reverse recently. No problems with the rest of the gears. So I checked the driveline mounts while waiting for the oil to drain.

Looks like the transmission mount is on its last legs, it's literally millimeters from its bumpstops. Shifting to reverse probably loads the driveline in such a way to collapse the mount completely.

Zib3c1d.jpg

betjWeR.jpg

The rest of the mounts look ok so will start with the tranny mount.

Sharing another rock auto coupon 145230047103902331

Put it in the how did you hear about us section.

And an awesome video of my 4 year old when my leggy hits boost and external wastegate screams hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

What year is the XJ? I used to have a ‘90 on 31’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one of my sons - a 1991. 4.0L - just spent the rest of weekend with him welding in panels in the drivers floor (the entire floor on the drivers side between the frame rail and the rocker was totally gone) and cutting away the rotten rockers and welding in 3x5 square steel. Heres to hoping it passes state inspection. - The thing is a mess! I'll try to get a pic of it. You'll be impressed with the rattlecan black, I promise.

Like any good 19 year old he's got a total POS with a glasspack lol - sounds like a crop duster coming in for a landing. But it is HIS total POS and he works on it. That makes Dad proud.

Edited by poconoracing

Well crap...upon further inspection the the L/R supports are collapsed. You can tell as the engine arms are now resting on top of the mount body. The engine arms are supposed to float a bit above it. Good of Subaru to put some rubber on top of the mount for the arms to rest on if they collapse.

tXfOZct.jpg

New mount, you can see how high the arm is supposed to be above the mount body.

XvRwSoE.jpg

Also, the front mount is gone too. There is a tab incorporated in the mount that is designed to stick out when the mount is compromised. I've been seeing this tab sticking out for a long time but ignoring it lol! Now that the mount is out, you can see it.

FsgE8ql.jpg

So, replacing all 4 mounts. Cha-ching$$$!

I learned something new today about Subarus lol.

I changed the engine oil the other day and got the usual after-oil-change rattle for a second or two when I fired her up. (I already pre-fill the oil filter with fresh oil when I put it on.)

In the back of my mind I always wonder if there is a way to pre-prime the oiling system in these cases.

Apparently a lot of (all?) Subarus are programmed to shut off injectors during starting if it senses WOT, to prevent flooding.

Soooo...pedal to the floor, crank for a few seconds, viola! Primed oil system!

I hope this works with the 5th gen. Will try at the next oil change. :cool: