LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Looks like the weld didn't get enough penetration.

Yeah, looks like it was just lightly tig'd without any filler. I guess I got what I deserved for buying a cheap copy of the Perrin.

I contacted both VMS and the ebay seller (also VMS?) when it happened and neither of them ever responded. First and last time I'll ever buy anything from them.

But I must say, JB weld is some incredible stuff.

I'm sure it's x10 stronger than those "welds".

Edited by Plastixx

I hate taking the GT to the dealer. When they did the parking brake recall last year they scratched the center console. Thankfully they gave me a new replacement.....which I still have not installed.

I agree, it's difficult to let someone else work on my cars. At least they made you whole for their mess up.

I didn't find any physical damage to either of the rear speed sensors wiring or sensor itself today, so I brought my work computer home and will look a little deeper tomorrow.

Honest question: I've been off the forums for a bit, and I have a bunch of updates to post. What is LESS annoying to read: one giant post with all relevant pictures and updates, or split into individual posts related to each specific update? Always been curious what the readers of this forum prefer.

not today, tomorrow morning, but i got mevotech front control arms in since one of my bushings is basically gone so i'm gonna get them installed.

Honest question: I've been off the forums for a bit, and I have a bunch of updates to post. What is LESS annoying to read: one giant post with all relevant pictures and updates, or split into individual posts related to each specific update? Always been curious what the readers of this forum prefer.

in my eyes if it's not detailed how-tos one big post would be fine. makes it easier to read

Installed Perrin 3” turbo inlet hose at lunch. Doing the Kartboy front end links this afternoon during a conference call and then putting the front end back on, with the declaration that I’m done under the car for a while at least (I started revisiting that even before I finished typing the sentence).

Humble, bring it in whatever form works for you, but I’ll gladly read one comprehensive post.

Individual posts is my preference.

Well, I started changing out the first dead control arm, it was the ball joint that was bad not a bushing like I said. Got the control arm off, went to grab my ball joint puller and...I can't find it. Musta lost it in the last move...can't find it anywhere. So...new ball joint puller on the way, should be here Sunday some time. Fack.

I ended up marring the threads on my most recent ball joint removal on the GT and just used the lip on the ball joint to pry it from the arm. It did take a couple taps from the hammer to get it to finally drop out, but was just as easy as the removal tool.

And you know as soon as the new tool gets delivered you will find the old tool somewhere in plain sight.:)

I ended up marring the threads on my most recent ball joint removal on the GT and just used the lip on the ball joint to pry it from the arm. It did take a couple taps from the hammer to get it to finally drop out, but was just as easy as the removal tool.

And you know as soon as the new tool gets delivered you will find the old tool somewhere in plain sight.:)

Yeah, I tried going at the lip, tried getting something in the split in the knuckle to open it up a bit to release it. Beat on the (removed) control arm with a dead blow hammer to try and pull it out... nothing. And yep, I'm sure I will find it, always happens that way. Oh well. I'll get em installed tomorrow when the tool arrives.

Here's one of the things I've done recently: completed my full JDM non-dimming mirror transplant with Prova Convex Colored Wide-View Mirror Glass. Started researching this project two years ago, finally got around to completing it. Full info thread here (warning: PIC HEAVY): ---> https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/prova-convex-wide-angle-room-mirror-usdm-legacy-bm-br-283014.html

7m9CPAp.jpg

eTU6z09.jpg

Got the ball joint tool in late last night, so I ended up finishing up the passenger side control arm tonight. Bit of a PITA to get everything situated and lined up, but overall very straight forward and an easy job. The front end shimmy I had from 65-80 is gone, and the car feels a bit tighter. Excited to do the other side this weekend and see how it is all done. Edited by creep_nu

New wheels and tires update. There was an impassable snafu with the Kansei's I ordered (they're discontinued in my fitment), I ended up going with Konig Rennforms in 18x9 +38 on Conti DWS06 in 255/40/18. Really like the wheels, they're 8 lbs lighter per wheel than my 19 setup, and wider too. I'm honestly surprised I have as much room as I have left with them, but my roll and pull was really aggressive, so I honestly have about 5mm of extra fender clearance, and I need an alignment to dial back my camber a touch too. Either way, really happy with the wheels for now. I love the Koni/H&R combo to drive and live with, but I'm going to have to go coilovers if I ever want the achieve the fitment I'm after.

Also went with McGard Spline Drive Lugs & Locks, and ceramic coated the wheels with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor. Also dig the metal screw-in center caps rather than the plastic pop-in ones my last set had.

sSYPU3j.thumb.jpg.4342ed2b56cb5cc551ee8c91257bf81e.jpg

RJ8lCuY.thumb.jpg.c07d5e06d08a5517725f12e9edb1598c.jpg

bfh7NH8.thumb.jpg.194928495f699a3dfcf2ada4fd26bf24.jpg

TMdrI81.thumb.jpg.813f62764547003a2356ab9294c0e0b3.jpg

cBcvLcA.thumb.jpg.553e1ca19399d8a20403f68edca418cd.jpg

IXyc9Tw.thumb.jpg.ddf2e7e5cf38e63ea4d1e4e618b46e3d.jpg

vRFMlVD.thumb.jpg.31011449c809a33d2d5994824f65e31e.jpg

clYVUQF.thumb.jpg.1de7d575be1da44eeeb28a675e2551af.jpg

LYRvZqV.thumb.jpg.5990cf74a3d9d867d6f873c68984de48.jpg

yQglkwI.thumb.jpg.a68aa85cb2d3bfb65058b8bc21258162.jpg

Another thing I did recently was remove my gloss black roof wrap after 3.5 years. The wrap looked nice but since my car lives outside in a parking lot, the wrap was started to get really sun-fried and just not looking that good anymore. Nice to see my silver roof again. I might re-wrap again in the future, but I'm enjoying the fresh look of the silver for a bit.

YTT0tTC.thumb.jpg.12964bc319cfcce17024e1d83f8297ac.jpg

5ZHcyU0.thumb.jpg.3e18f0d57bc550c3e9fd40f43da526c8.jpg

JFvYzWT.thumb.jpg.79b98ae739be19baf76554d76071d06f.jpg

4E5OuFu.thumb.jpg.0fef9768a0dd20bcfd0e258d4df03f2e.jpg

I'm definitely enjoying the change up, and they'll perform way better on the track. I really wish Konig offered a 19" version of the Rennform in 5x100, as I probably would've gone with that tbh. The 19 would've still been way lighter than my last setup, but they're only available in 5x120 and 5x114.3.

Took the GT to the body shop today for the inspection. They said there is damage behind the bumper, but will have to pull it off to know to what extent. They said they will have it back to looking new. Which is great since I never had it new. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Falcor