LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Did all 4 coil packs, changed spark plugs to NGK 93420 LFR6BHX Ruthenium HX. Every one of the old coil packs was rusted and cracked bad giving me bad misfires.

installed Turbosmart 34mm Kompact full recirc.

PCV replacement (mine was definitely bad/sticking)

Also did a trans service for the front and rear diff with some Motul 300.

Installed Fumoto drain valve during an oil change with Wix XP 57712XP filters

Clutch delay valve delete, full flush of clutch lines and brakes with Bosch DOT 5.1 (I though about the Motul and others but this has the best longevity and I'm not racing lol)

Installed Jojo's ex catback on my car(rip buddy), Invidia Q300. I'm quite happy with sound but the low end rumble is so low it hurts. I can't decide whether I want to put a different resonator on it.

Recently Done:

Clutch Exedy Stage 1 (done at FI Performance south Jersey) @107k

Timing Belt, water pump, thermostat @ 100k

I have an STi rear sway bar and bushing laying around and some Kartboy billet front endlinks I rebuilt that I'm waiting to get to, but the way I see it the car is finally getting the attention it deserves, and just hit 111k :')

I can hear the power steering whining so that's a mystery I'll put off till tomorrow lol

PXL_20220123_190228602.thumb.jpg.01ea853299b14a59c3cd6046f615652f.jpg

IMG_9876.thumb.jpg.6465d2fe14cf562f5954eb8c54e4b891.jpg

kartboy.thumb.jpg.e490dbef7df780da5d54afc8ce5e55f5.jpg

well, wouldn't be a project for me if something didn't go wrong...dropped the car off monday to get the exhaust installed...they cut out the old exhaust, start installing it, and then i get a call that apparently i'm missing a piece. looking at the picture it's the adapter for the cat to the flex pipe section. so...gotta work with invidia to try and get that or...figure something else out. open to ideas! but, they rigged something up and basically puttied what was already installed to some stock pipe and it works kinda.

so...aside from that, what's on there now sounds great! super happy with it, she finally sounds beefy.

edit...talked to invidia and apparently there's nothing missing? i don't know. it doesn't bolt up so i'm going to get under the car this weekend or next depending when i have time and see what the hell i can figure out. hooray.

Edited by creep_nu

well, wouldn't be a project for me if something didn't go wrong...dropped the car off monday to get the exhaust installed...they cut out the old exhaust, start installing it, and then i get a call that apparently i'm missing a piece. looking at the picture it's the adapter for the cat to the flex pipe section. so...gotta work with invidia to try and get that or...figure something else out. open to ideas! but, they rigged something up and basically puttied what was already installed to some stock pipe and it works kinda.

so...aside from that, what's on there now sounds great! super happy with it, she finally sounds beefy.

edit...talked to invidia and apparently there's nothing missing? i don't know. it doesn't bolt up so i'm going to get under the car this weekend or next depending when i have time and see what the hell i can figure out. hooray.

Try the grimspeed stock downpipe to 3" catback adapter

https://www.grimmspeed.com/stock-dp-aftermarket-3-in-catback-adapter-subaru/

worked for my invidia q300

Finished up the steering cover, install new headunit with backup camera.

Also did some maintenance work, including sparkplugs, AOS lines replacement, oil change, GFB BPV on EFR turbo and added another cly4 mod but to cyl3 to help with any imbalance caused by cyl 4 only.

So far, everything is great and running absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't today but the last 6 weeks or so..

Original motor decided to break the timing belt tensioner at 198,650 miles. I was already building a motor for it so timing aligned pretty perfectly (no pun intended).

My car was already FBO , flex fuel, protuned for the last 40k miles so this build consisted of a new built block ,rebuilt OEM heads, STI Exhaust Cams, upgraded manifold, 20g turbo , upgraded clutch.

Swap was done over a weekend, car built oil pressure fairly quick using the IAG Stage 1 Oil pump. Only issue I had was with a OCV that was sticking, removed, cleaned and reinstalled go to go.

While breaking in the motor I had decided to beef up the fuel system since I only had 1050x injectors a AEM 340 fuel pump. I wanted to go ID1700, Custom -6 lines, Aeromotive A1000 FPR and Torque solutions Fuel rails. Unfortunate around this time we all got the news about Cobb ending Flex Fuel Support and ability to remove DTC monitors.

My tuner was able to fit me on on some remote tune time so once the motor was fully broken in we did a few sessions and I am very happy with how the car drives and pulls. 20g is noticeably laggier compared to the 18g I had in there but i'll get used to it. Not sure how much power it puts down since all pulls were made on the street but i will get it over to a dyno soon to see the results. As for now I'm very satisfied, future changes might include upgraded fuel system and ECUtek tune since the still support flex fuel (for now at least)

Not sure if I will keep the car for long, might be time to switch up platforms soon.

Full mod list below for reference:

Manley Pistons / Rods

ARP Hardware

Stock Rebuilt heads

OEM HG

STI Cams

ETS Dual EWG Manifold

Dual Tial WG

20g Tomioka Turbo

Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS

Cobb Intake

Cobb AP v3

Cobb Flex Fuel Kit with Fuel Pressure Sensor

Cobb 1050x Injectors

Cobb AOS

Cobb 4 Bar Map Sensor

Custom FMIC

GFB Hybrid BPV

AEM 340 e85 pump

Invidia J Pipe

Invidia Q300 Exhaust

Comp Clutch Stage 2 with Flywheel

Koyo Aluminum Rad

GPTempDownload.JPG.ad94aee53ef70a0a051e00bb070cf71b.JPG

IMG_8180.jpg.02c1c746703413535d84a61bd8d349bb.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg.6f576c9ad3e05e06fe35c4d8dae67356.jpg

IMG_8461.jpg.bb9d66423d8b17b622f9296133a6c4ff.jpg

IMG_9195.jpg.a240775819677f00d116566f5b66c47e.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg.99270c182e436aec4bf4910413846aec.jpg

IMG_8903.jpg.012fcff5d955ab3d75f570227834be9f.jpg

Got some update pics from the paint guy. Ganadors coming along nicely, and looking forward to having my grille not be cracked and cratered like the moon (and actually the correct color). Also took some time and sat down with my heatgun and separated the original Ganador glass from the backing plates. Just got a new roll of VHB in last night so I'm going to sit down tonight and get the Prova glass mounted to them while I wait for the housings to be done with paint.

I'm *really* not looking forward to the re-assembly process, given how much of a pain the disassembly was. I'm going to let the housings cure for like a week before I attempted it, because I'm going to essentially cover them entirely painters tape, because the risk of scratching them with how you have to put them back together is very real. I'm going to have to devise a little mechanism to pull the springs back through the housings too, I'm currently thinking like a looped metal wire fed through the housings and looped onto the spring, and twisted around a screw driver might give me leverage (I hope). We'll see once I get them back.

mU23Y0A.thumb.jpg.55b36c993158cd766fe94aa1c670e14b.jpg

jqawz2S.thumb.jpg.318368e50f72407d13c7d257b9e0f682.jpg

P8lsTdW.thumb.jpg.44986023c219519bb319111461b98848.jpg

eOYdce6.thumb.jpg.1b0cea8c85d4abafd90213bc0c7fb0fb.jpg

3BHCwx4.thumb.jpg.d1519aacb35463b0bed59c868b617269.jpg

QLu6D5y.thumb.jpg.eac03447136b87cb2d192db00563b938.jpg

Fankg28.thumb.jpg.55fad472ff5c4ae894a289e6c0994d98.jpg

vwxWeNn.thumb.jpg.0326267017bbb8e80eea62dda22f7054.jpg

m15hk8b.thumb.jpg.4358e4d16094e6c1936085d6906d4b28.jpg

If you taking about the mid pipe to downpipe connection, you need to remove (pry) the factory donut gasket out and just use a flat gasket.

king. thanks i'll look at that

edit: ordered and on the way...

You don't need the adapter...trust me I initially tried that. (it pushes the exhaust back further and makes it difficult to install) and realized that I needed to remove the factory docent gasket.

Edited by dgoodhue

You don't need the adapter...trust me I initially tried that. (it pushes the exhaust back further and makes it difficult to install) and realized that I needed to remove the factory donut gasket.

Ah, I always wondered why the Q300 has a braided flex joint. Makes perfect sense now.

If you taking about the mid pipe to downpipe connection, you need to remove (pry) the factory donut gasket out and just use a flat gasket.

You don't need the adapter...trust me I initially tried that. (it pushes the exhaust back further and makes it difficult to install) and realized that I needed to remove the factory docent gasket.

i'll talk to the shop...i'm waiting on the part to be delivered and i'll be straight up with the guy and tell him to just...make it work. either drop the donut or drop the adapter in, but...get it to work.

i'll talk to the shop...i'm waiting on the part to be delivered and i'll be straight up with the guy and tell him to just...make it work. either drop the donut or drop the adapter in, but...get it to work.

It's just a bandaid till I can get my hands on a high flow cat downpipe.

Do whatever works I guess *shrug*

Update on the paint/body work. The shop rep text me and said he was not happy with the color match and they are respraying today. I'm glad it was caught before I took delivery.

In other news, the windshield in my rental (2020 Sentra) was cracked when I pulled it out of the garage this morning. Thankfully I have a $0 deductible on windshields.

I tried the cmod grill to see how it looks . Had a rough time getting the lower two clips into the bumper opening but finally got them in. The two screws at the bottom do not seem to reach the grill. Are we suppose to buy longer screws ? Any advice ?

7f3b9fc92158aa9de6bddb5513f89ee0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to rip off what was remaining of my engine splash shield today, on the side of a crazy busy expressway. I had just started a 6 hour drive back to NY from Dayton, OH.

I was traveling in the middle lane and noticed a cloud of debris in the left lane, 4 or 5 cars ahead. Saw something shoot into the air a good 20 feet and watched in slow motion as it landed right in front of my car. I was boxed in and could swerve. Gf was behind me in an Outback we just bought so I didn't want to brake hard and make her hit me.

There was a loud bang as it hit my car, an odd moment of silence, and then nasty grinding noises. Gf said she saw spark flying out the back. I put on my hazards and started to slow down until I was able to pull over. The mangled piece of debris I pulled out was a rear diffuser. No clue what kind of vehicle it came from. It had multiple large fins and the whole thing was made out plastic sandwiched by thin aluminum sheet. I was so pissed that I tossed it to the side and didn't take a picture of it.

I don't know how it didn't destroy my bumper. It only has some small scratches on the face of the lower lip, and then a bunch more on the bottom of it. The whole situation could have turned out a lot worse, especially if it had landed in front of a wheel instead of dead center.

EDIT: I guess the stuff is called ACM (aluminum composite material). Something like this...

33204777_10155781488883795_1390819279275819008_n.jpg

Edited by Plastixx

I got to rip off what was remaining of my engine splash shield today, on the side of a crazy busy expressway. I had just started a 6 hour drive back to NY from Dayton, OH.

The plastic undertray isn't that expensive from the dealer. MY GT's under tray was around $130 list price (bulky to ship, so it was easier to buy from the dealer), I think the 2.5i was around $100. It does help keep some of the salt off the underside of the engine, the engine coil are susceptible to rust. If you plan on keeping your car longer term, you may want to consider replacing it.

The plastic undertray isn't that expensive from the dealer. MY GT's under tray was around $130 list price (bulky to ship, so it was easier to buy from the dealer), I think the 2.5i was around $100. It does help keep some of the salt off the underside of the engine, the engine coil are susceptible to rust. If you plan on keeping your car longer term, you may want to consider replacing it.

Yeah, it's not too expensive, but it was a GT shield that I bought and put on like a year and a half ago. The bumper was put on around the same time.

I swear the universe just doesn't want me to have nice things. I put a new set of AVID1 wheels on last fall and a month later all the spokes on the left front had rash down to the aluminum from a lazy zoomer that didn't bother giving any hand signals to guide me into the rails at an automatic car wash. :spin: