LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

My left side was clicking a lot, so I changed both sides. No torn boots. but there is sign of previous axle grease on the right side. I figure if it changes in any way, then it definitely an axle.

so you changed the right axle without it ever clicking? Then I'd say you should repack that one if it has a torn boot and have it ready to reinstall.

Also I can't remember, did you say one side is currently clicking as well in addition to your idle vibration?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered a 3/4inch saggy butt spacer to go with my wagon pinks. Im actually starting to love my spec b take offs. After some longer trips and lots of city driving the softer suspension is very nice. I think I'm 75% satisfied, hopefully the pinks give me that extra 25%.

Also I'm rethinking doing the dom 1.5 next year. Around town with 60' temps the e85 vf52 really hums.

so you changed the right axle without it ever clicking? Then I'd say you should repack that one if it has a torn boot and have it ready to reinstall.

Also I can't remember, did you say one side is currently clicking as well in addition to your idle vibration?

Yes. I changed both sides. Left side was noisy, so I got those HD units and figured Id have a matching set on the car along with one spare in the garage. All of the old boots (left and right) appear fine. There's old grease on the subframe on right side, so I know it's failed before, but appears fine now.

I have idle vibes, but that was there after the new motor and is likely just my Group N motor mounts. Axles were not changed out yet. No complaints there.

...Also I'm rethinking doing the dom 1.5 next year. Around town with 60' temps the e85 vf52 really hums.

This gets me excited for E85, though I'll be waiting till spring/summer to tune for that on account of brand new motor and colder temps arriving. Have you run into cold start issues?

Speaking of which, just ordered a Grimmspeed top mount and Turbosmart Kompact BPV to replace my leaking BPV. :cool:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I might be able to see the moon. If you have been in a Tesla Model S with a glass roof, it is that same amount of light with no heat.
I have not had the pleasure of being in a Model S yet. See enough of them rolling into SJ each time I make the trip. Some day.

This gets me excited for E85, though I'll be waiting till spring/summer to tune for that on account of brand new motor and colder temps arriving. Have you run into cold start issues?

Speaking of which, just ordered a Grimmspeed top mount and Turbosmart Kompact BPV to replace my leaking BPV. :cool:

How did you figure out you BPV was leaking?

Hoe did you figure out you BPV was leaking?

I have a GFB TMS Respons that's set to full recirc. According to local Subaru performance place smoke test revealed leaks from the diaphragm and the piston itself. They told me it was bleeding about 4lbs of pressure.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

^did you long term fuel trims get affected? I would think they should have been.

Actually, no. The valve only leaked at >8psi, and I've been in break-in mode so I haven't really been in those tables yet as far as the ECU is concerned. I bet it would show up after I got tuned though, if the issue wasn't caught.

No cold start issues yet but im switching once we have a week of 30'.

I have both pieces, great parts.

Most times a e85 tune can be calibrated to start in pretty cold temps these days. I have customers firing up thier cars in 0 degrees now days.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I have a GFB TMS Respons that's set to full recirc. According to local Subaru performance place smoke test revealed leaks from the diaphragm and the piston itself. They told me it was bleeding about 4lbs of pressure.

I run a GFB Respons and have heard stories about the valve showing leaks during a traditional smoke test. Possibly true but also seems that when BPV hose is attached and pressurized as it usually is during a typical smoke test, false positives can occur w/ valves that are designed the way the GFB and some others are. I just had my car smoke tested last week. In my case no leaks from the GFB but since mine runs full VTA the BPV hose doesn't even exist (BPV fitting on my Perrin inlet has been capped - long story).

http://www.gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/15-smoke-testing-boost-leaks

What are the advantages of the iag bits when we already have top feed?

I think the main reason people go with any of the aftermarket fuel rails is to even out the fuel pressure distribution to the four cylinders - Cyl 4 has been known to be the first to run lean due in part to the way the stock fuel rails are in series and its at the end of the line so to speak. Doing a parallel fuel rail mod was one way to fix this.

It's intercooler week here in Outback sub-forum! :lol Just got mine on Tuesday, although UPS crushed the box... and the splitter is fubar'd. Infamous took care of it right away though.

30220639771_b37a45a4d8_h.jpg

Got around to installing the TMIC. I've gotta say, it really turns the engine bay into something more worthy of being called a "performance" car. That old dinky too mount is quite a bit smaller!

Before:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/5b38e87c602ba7bf693f2dc9a8886c35.jpg

After:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/d551656bfedc2b857de6e0691b279452.jpg

Artsy racecar parts shot:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/364d63759ddf6afae9cf09395983154f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived