LegacyGT.com

Subaru Lego & Outb Recall 2005-2008

My wagon is back in the shop getting the damage repaired they did during the recall. They are also doing the dash rattle TSB, but apparently the "woven material" is no longer available so they are seeking an alternative. What should have been 7 hours of labor has turned into at least a week of my car in their shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wagon is back in the shop getting the damage repaired they did during the recall. They are also doing the dash rattle TSB, but apparently the "woven material" is no longer available so they are seeking an alternative. What should have been 7 hours of labor has turned into at least a week of my car in their shop.

Did they at least give you a loaner?

2016 legacy premium with eyesight and Lane keep assist. Not at all would I consider purchasing. Transmission is horrible

CVTs... They suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

My wife has a new 3.6r outback with the CVT and I think its quite good actually...

to stay on topic, I'm waiting a little while before scheduling service to let my local service department get some "practice" on other cars first... lol

Any thoughts on disconnecting the occupancy sensor under the passenger seat to disable the airbag? I tried disconnecting it, then sat in the passenger seat with the seatbelt on and the passenger airbag light stayed off, but the Airbag light lit up on my gauge cluster. I asked the service manager at the dealership, but he didn't know and thought that it might disable all of the airbags by doing that.

My dealership said they won't have the part for about 3 months due to all the demand, so I need to do something to disable the airbag until then. If I have to, I don't mind digging under the dash to unplug it that way, but the occupancy sensor seemed like an easy workaround.

http://i.imgur.com/5qp8YVZ.jpg

Any thoughts on disconnecting the occupancy sensor under the passenger seat to disable the airbag? I tried disconnecting it, then sat in the passenger seat with the seatbelt on and the passenger airbag light stayed off, but the Airbag light lit up on my gauge cluster. I asked the service manager at the dealership, but he didn't know and thought that it might disable all of the airbags by doing that.

My dealership said they won't have the part for about 3 months due to all the demand, so I need to do something to disable the airbag until then. If I have to, I don't mind digging under the dash to unplug it that way, but the occupancy sensor seemed like an easy workaround.

http://i.imgur.com/5qp8YVZ.jpg

That service manager is correct, if the Airbag warning light in the gauge cluster is on, the Airbag system is disabled (to prevent accidental deployment). Only real way would be to unplug airbag and plug in a resistor to fool system. No easy way to know what resistance should be though. DO NOT try to measure resistance with a meter!!! this will deploy the airbag!!!! easiest answer is to not let any passengers in front seat or just pull SRS fuse in underhood fuse box.

That service manager is correct, if the Airbag warning light in the gauge cluster is on, the Airbag system is disabled (to prevent accidental deployment). Only real way would be to unplug airbag and plug in a resistor to fool system. No easy way to know what resistance should be though. DO NOT try to measure resistance with a meter!!! this will deploy the airbag!!!! easiest answer is to not let any passengers in front seat or just pull SRS fuse in underhood fuse box.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Update to my car:

After a week and a day in the shop, I finally call to get an update. They are not able to get the correct part 66204AG01A frame-audio box. Apparently they have ordered it twice and the wrong part had shipped. The issue is that they stripped out 4 of the 6 screws that hold the head unit in place. They are supposed to be calling "Subaru parts pick"? To figure out what is going on. So at this point my car has been in their shop for 9 days total. I still have a loaner so that's about all the good I can report.

Apparently the dealer ordered the only two parts that were available in the country and both contained the wrong part. No word on when a new one will be available. I also got a letter from SoA about an extended dashboard warranty and am going to try to get the dash pad replaced under that.

Apparently the dealer ordered the only two parts that were available in the country and both contained the wrong part. No word on when a new one will be available. I also got a letter from SoA about an extended dashboard warranty and am going to try to get the dash pad replaced under that.

Can you provide more information on the extended warranty for the dash?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't want to deal with this.. My dash is in good condition and doesn't rattle, if it would come back any different I'd be pretty unhappy.

You are lucky. Mine rattles and I called the dealer today. Still no parts available and I've been on their wait list since January. They did say they'd add felt tape around the dash mounts as long as I ask for it.

Is anyone in Nevada get their airbag replaced yet?

You are lucky. Mine rattles and I called the dealer today. Still no parts available and I've been on their wait list since January. They did say they'd add felt tape around the dash mounts as long as I ask for it.

Is anyone in Nevada get their airbag replaced yet?

I noticed you're in Reno. If you don't mind the drive down to Fairfield Subaru they did a fantastic job on my wagon.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Just called the local dealership. "We might get parts in April". Do I press for a loaner from SOA? Or piss and moan for a new dash? I think a new dash is in order. Good luck poor service tech tasked with that.

Has one with a Leptronix audio input fromRedfloyd had their recall done for the passenger airbag service? Did you have to explain the modification to the mechanic so they didn't mangle it?

Has one with a Leptronix audio input fromRedfloyd had their recall done for the passenger airbag service? Did you have to explain the modification to the mechanic so they didn't mangle it?

I did. I was their first and they ended up doing the install without removing the dash because of my "aftermarket accessories". It can be done without removing the dash and I would kust request that.

Mine goes in next Wednesday..

I asked the service guy if they've done a cpl and he said yeah, they are no problem and not to be worried. I have a friend who works at the dealership and I'm really hoping he does it.

Anyone in the North East have one done yet? My dealer doesn't even have an eta on parts.

I had the airbag replaced here in Vermont. So yup, a couple have.

Just an fyi, they didn't pull the whole dash on mine, just the bottom half.

I couldn't say enough good things about Kinney Subaru, They even rerouted (properly) my halfassed tucked wires for my dash cam.

Archived