LegacyGT.com

Subaru Lego & Outb Recall 2005-2008

Taking mine in now.. First time ever at a new dealership just down the road from me. I have a buddy that works there so I'm not too worried, he'll prob do the work myself. They seemed confident that its not a tough job on the phone.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All done and it appears no worse for the wear. Looks like Sendell Subaru in Greensburg did a solid job for me.

Keep in mind tho, I was quoted 2hrs and it was actually 4.5hrs.. I kind of knew that would be the case, but that didn't mean I was any less pissed off. I missed an appt as a result.

How does that even fit that way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'll take it all apart in the coming weeks to find out. It seems like the climate unit is slid up too high somehow. It's butted right up to the dash.

I'll take it all apart in the coming weeks to find out. It seems like the climate unit is slid up too high somehow. It's butted right up to the dash.

Well if they damaged the radio cage, there aren't any available in the US. Mine was damaged and the dealer bought the 2 that were listed in the SoA inventory. Both were wrong part.

I had my dash pad replaced under the extended warranty earlier this week. It looks great. Honestly, the material doesn't seem all that different, so I hope it holds up better.

The Service Manager did a great job of getting the parts for my car. He got me in the queue early (before letter went out), since they damaged my original one during the recall. I had lots of nicks/scrapes around the instrument cluster. They blamed the dash material, but I think it had as much to do with the tech who did the work. Both jobs (recall & warranty) had issues. For instance, I just finished removing my stereo to reconnect the aux cable that they left dangling behind the dash... carelessness.

I'm glad this whole ordeal is over.

Dealership techs are so useless I swear. I will never take any care I own to their service departments.

Yeah, unfortunately the recall and subsequent repair required a visit to the dealership. I had pretty low expectations for how well this would go. It's safe to say they "exceeded" those expectations. But, the Service Manager honestly tried to "make things right."

All is well now. I just hope other folks have a better experience. Unfortunately, it sounds like so far the reviews have been mixed.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to get this done!

All done and it appears no worse for the wear. Looks like Sendell Subaru in Greensburg did a solid job for me.

Keep in mind tho, I was quoted 2hrs and it was actually 4.5hrs.. I kind of knew that would be the case, but that didn't mean I was any less pissed off. I missed an appt as a result.

grrrrrr :mad:

Cochran won't get parts til ????. Maybe summer?

I'm not a fan of Cochran.

Last time I was there they didn't take kindly to me installing a valet map for a wheel bearing replacement I tried for under warranty. The tech came out to the waiting room floor and was a huge douche. I ended up paying $50 to walk away, no way I was gonna let them touch my car. They are too big for their own good, they don't give a shit about doing quality work in my opinion.

Did they drop the lower dash or remove the entire thing? I need to get it done but no idea where I should go.

I asked beforehand and they said they'd be removing the entire dash, but I don't know for certain. My dash looked great at pickup - not a fingerprint anywhere, no gaps, and no new rattles (just like I left it). I recently noticed my radar detector wiring is out of place or missing, haven't investigated yet.

Sendell Subaru is brand new here in Greensburg, but they bought New Team Kunkle in Delmont who I was a big fan of for my limited needs, parts and service.

I'm not a fan of Cochran.

Last time I was there they didn't take kindly to me installing a valet map for a wheel bearing replacement I tried for under warranty. The tech came out to the waiting room floor and was a huge douche. I ended up paying $50 to walk away, no way I was gonna let them touch my car. They are too big for their own good, they don't give a shit about doing quality work in my opinion.

How would they have noticed a valet mode map? I assume it set a low rev limiter, and ran wastegate boost?

I politely told them I set the valet map when I handed over the keys.

The tech said he couldn't road test it that way, and that the caliper bolts are known to break so he didn't really want to do the job. I said, OK well get it off the lift and I'll be on my way, and they charged me $50.

I'm going to call around over the next couple of days to other dealers in my area. there are three within 50 miles. The closest told me maybe around the middle of April or so. Since some of you have been able to get the recall done, some in northeast PA must have the parts to do it.

It's sad to see all the problems with dealers today. When I met my wife she had a new 78 Subie. I had a bad habit of losing the cap for the oil fill tube and at the time the only way to replace it was a dealer. A dealer in Middletown NY just gave me a new one, and when I lost that one he gave me two off of wrecks he had on his lot. He wouldn't even take a donation for the coffee fund. Another dealer in Wayne NJ rebuilt the carb for us, and gave me a free windshield washer spray off a wreck. He was also suppose to replace the front seal, which he didn't do. He told me that the job was so easy he didn't want to charge me to do it. He gave me a new crank seal and just in case the pulley shaft was grooved, and used pulley off a wreck. He told me how to do the job, and it was easy. I guess those days are long gone now.

Dropped mine today at Prime Subaru in Hudson, NH. They are closed tomorrow for Easter so I'm driving a 2016 Crosstrek until Monday night as a loaner.

I'll post how everything turns out, fingers crossed!

Happy to say everything went perfectly. I picked her up today and you would never have known the dash was out, if you're in the Southern NH area I would recommend having Prime Subaru do your recall.

Also I kind of started to like driving the Crosstrek, all the gadgets were cool.

Happy to say everything went perfectly. I picked her up today and you would never have known the dash was out, if you're in the Southern NH area I would recommend having Prime Subaru do your recall.

Also I kind of started to like driving the Crosstrek, all the gadgets were cool.

Yeah, the Crosstrek was nice I thought. It was a bit too.. Je ne sais pas.. The whole hybrid thing. sure it runs 30 mpg but it felt so wimpy to me... and I drive a base 2.5i.

I do wish I tried out the auto parallel park. just to try it, but I only had it for about 24 hours, for the recall.

Archived