LegacyGT.com

Subaru Lego & Outb Recall 2005-2008

I finally found a dealer to schedule my appointment, which is the good news. The bad news is that they told me Subaru is not paying for a loaner/rental car.

Anyone else get told that?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a lower tech at subaru (just 5 years) and I can't say much about this recall for legal purposes but there are so may different manufacturers going through the exact same recall but yes the dash is removed on the legacy and outback models. The wrx/impreza guys it pops through the top of the dash cap but the legacy and outback the dash pad is carefully removed and "hopefully" carefully put back in. I know there is also a sticky dash pad TSB for for 05-09 that went out for free replacement of dashes with melting/sticky dash issues that were not caused by harmful chemicals but so many on back order right now.

I finally found a dealer to schedule my appointment, which is the good news. The bad news is that they told me Subaru is not paying for a loaner/rental car.

I did. Then they told me when I dropped off the car that they would need it overnight. I threw a fit because I was originally told it would be same day. So they put me in a 2015 Jeep Cherokee from their in-house Enterprise rental shop.

Just discovered yesterday that my hazard lights aren't working.. yay!

Knew it was too good to be true!

Got mine completed today. They had to keep my car overnight. They also performed that second brake line recall. So far, it appears that Groove Subaru did a great job. And my loose fitting rattling dash is now tight as a drum and silent!! :) And I don't even have a folded up piece of cardboard wedged into the front of the dash!

Got mine completed today. They had to keep my car overnight. They also performed that second brake line recall. So far, it appears that Groove Subaru did a great job. And my loose fitting rattling dash is now tight as a drum and silent!! :) And I don't even have a folded up piece of cardboard wedged into the front of the dash!

Ooooh, silent dash! Lucky you.

Still no word from Rafferty. Anyone have one done there yet?

So in order to get the recall done, do I have to have a letter? I checked out my VIN, and the only one I have is for the air bag. No dash :( I want a new dash since mine is sticky and rattles.

1st, its not a recall. its a warranty extension. second, no you dont need the physical letter. go into the dealership, they type in your vin, they will find the warranty extension and can then order the dash. I didn't have a physical letter, they looked it up for me.

Well, I took mine in over the weekend. Of course it didn't get finished that day like they expected. The stealership said it was an early production 05 and they had to remove more of the dash than later models? Hopefully everything went together nicely and rattle free. I'll know more tomorrow evening.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my lgt in the dealer waiting for a new shortblock/turbo etc,(thanks to extended warranty) they changed the air bag since they had the car there . Picked the car up today checked over the engine compartment & the dash everything looks good, so off to drive home get almost there looking over at the right side of the dash im missing the light sensor.

Well have to pay them a visit to fix that.

A service advisor at my local Sub dealer said that SOA in some cases is providing a free rental car to customers affected by the recall, until their car has been repaired.

Anyone know about this?

my local dealer gave me a free rental. Think it just depends on the dealership

A service advisor at my local Sub dealer said that SOA in some cases is providing a free rental car to customers affected by the recall, until their car has been repaired.

Anyone know about this?

my dealership has two options... the can offer me a subaru loaner if one is available at that time, but if their loaner vehicles are all in use then they offer a rental car from a place they have a deal with so I go across the street and get what they have (last time it was a nissan altima, gross). I haven't dropped my car off for the dash yet, they are still waiting on parts but did say they would try to get a subaru held for me to drive after dropping my car off.

My appt is scheduled for this next Monday. I appreciate all the info in this thread.

Valet mode and lots of pics will be done before I hand over keys. They said about 5 hours for fix.

I called local dealer twice. First time in Jan when I first got notice and was told they would contact me when parts are in. I called a second time in March after not hearing anything and I was told they could add me to a priority list. Got the call today part was ready.

Remember that it can be like getting a job, Sometimes you have to call monthly, or hell.. call weekly, if that doesn't work, call daily. And so on.

No ones gonna give it to ya.. Ya gotta take it!

Anyone know about this?

I think maybe my above post was ambiguous. I'm talking about getting a free loaner from SOA (not from the dealership) until the repair parts come in. In other words, a free car for weeks or even months.

Archived