LegacyGT.com

Subaru Lego & Outb Recall 2005-2008

They typically do a road test for every vehicle when it's in for service. Most people appreciate a tech doing this to check for any issues. My dash cam always showed a very professional, casual drive onto the highway and then back to the shop.

Most techs don't get too excited about driving a 10 year old Legacy.

Possibly. I've just heard too many horror stories from people who have had their cars abused by stealerships. So you could say I'm paranoid.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say avoid digging under the seat - too many connectors. Just get to the airbag connector itself (the plug that drives the passenger airbags). Was MUCH easier to get to on my '05 and to unplug. PM me for details.

I've since had the recall done. Seemed professional. Smell of glue (or something) is gone a couple of days later. Much more comfortable driving the car.

The part came in today.

I dropped it off and got this;

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p798/frankscruffy/IMG_0635_zpszazrvs6g.jpg

It's a'ight.

They said it'll be ready by 6pm tomorrow. I don't have the dash rattle, so I didn't ask about that. I left my dash cam hooked up, out of curiosity.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Just got to the dealer this morning to get mine done. All the service guys come out and are drooling over my absolutely filthy wagon as they were saying the don't see very many legacy gt wagons. They said 3-4 hours to get it done. Doing homework while I wait.

Edit: The tech doing the work just came and talked with me a bit. He's done this before and hes optimistic that it will be done by the end of the day

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

So I dropped it off on Monday and they said they'd need it overnight. But they waited until I got there to tell me that - so after I fussed for a bit they gave me this:

http://i.imgur.com/JZLDc6Ul.jpg

I hated it at first but the Jeep grew on me. It's comfy, fairly solid considering it's a cheap American mid-size SUV, and the interior is well thought out. But the 2.4L is SLOW and the 9-speed auto ruins the whole car IMO. Shifts are rough and slow. At one point I had to step on it because SoCal on ramps are sometimes very abrupt, and it felt like a fuel cut. Had to release the throttle and try again slowly to get the thing to go.

I ended up putting about 140 miles on it in the 2 days I had it, and I'd give it a 7/10 considering what it is.

I'd like it a lot more with a different tranny and a V6. Also, it has a really ugly face.

Anyway, on Tuesday around 10:30 they called me to say my car was done. I picked it up Wednesday morning and handed the Jeep back to them. I noticed right away something was up, because my dash was absolutely filthy.

http://i.imgur.com/T4XxImYl.jpg

And I had just detailed the entire interior of the car 2 weeks before. It's just me in it 99% of the time so it takes a while for it to get dirty.

But it was early morning and I was going straight to work after, so I just took off and decided I'd just wipe it up later.

Well on my way home that night I popped open my glovebox to find the manual so I could look at the compass zone map for my HomeLink mirror. The door opened abruptly, and I could have sworn that it did not do this before. As if there's a spring that supports the door when you open it so that it opens softly. Couldn't find the manual, ended up finding it tossed in the back seat along with some garbage that they forgot to remove. Cool.

Later on that night, I go to open the glove box again, but this time I didn't catch the door when it opened and this happened:

http://i.imgur.com/uWo9S6ml.jpg

It popped one of the clips that hold it into its rails out. So at this point I knew they forgot something when they put it back together. While I was re-attaching the door I found a random clip and screw sitting on my floor that I assumed went to my dash.

I called Renick Subaru the next day and fortunately, they're making this right. The service manager was very kind and apologetic, and they'll be fixing the glove box on Monday as well as detailing the entire car for free. So, I'm happy with the outcome.

Renick may have done the right thing but this definitely hasn't restored any of my faith in dealership service departments...

Fairfield Subaru did an excellent job. Just got my car back. Dash looks great. They only put on .1 of a mile and the interior is just as clean as when I got out. And they did it in a very reasonable time.

2005 Vader Wagon

Fairfield Subaru did an excellent job. Just got my car back. Dash looks great. They only put on .1 of a mile and the interior is just as clean as when I got out. And they did it in a very reasonable time.

Thank you for the positive comments. I think we all needed that.

Thank you for the positive comments. I think we all needed that.

After all the negativity I'd read in here I was actually really worried but as soon as the tech came and introduced himself and explained what all needed to do to get it done and gave me a time estimate I was at ease and sat in their lobby and did homework.

2005 Vader Wagon

Looks like I'll be calling my local dealer on Monday to set up an appointment. I still need to get the brake lines looked at so they can do both while it's there. I worry about taking it to the dealer but I turn wrenches for a living so they won't be getting anything past me.

Looks like I'll be calling my local dealer on Monday to set up an appointment. I still need to get the brake lines looked at so they can do both while it's there. I worry about taking it to the dealer but I turn wrenches for a living so they won't be getting anything past me.

Call around to the different dealers in your area and see which ones have done multiple. The tech that did mine today I was very pleased with how knowledgeable he was and was very open about everything he was going to be doing with my car.

2005 Vader Wagon

Just bought my 06 special edition wagon and I noticed the light came on when I came home. Small private owned dealer that had the as-is sale, of course.

Anyway, it's got the passenger bag off in the overhead display, and I just checked my VIN and it's still indicated as open, so hope they can do this fast...glad I saw this thread!

Just bought my 06 special edition wagon and I noticed the light came on when I came home. Small private owned dealer that had the as-is sale, of course.

Anyway, it's got the passenger bag off in the overhead display, and I just checked my VIN and it's still indicated as open, so hope they can do this fast...glad I saw this thread!

That dashboard airbag light likely has nothing to do with the airbag recall. See this for info or pm me if you need help. It's a 20 minute fix that the dealer wants to charge $100s for just to look at.

Got mine back Friday, all went perfectly.

They even fixed my terrible lazy wire routing for the camera. on the dash cam they were all fawning over my subtle shrouds and grille.

The tech said they were all impressed with the flip key.

They put on about 0.1 mile, just drove it down the street and turned it around.

That dashboard airbag light likely has nothing to do with the airbag recall. See this for info or pm me if you need help. It's a 20 minute fix that the dealer wants to charge $100s for just to look at.

GOttawa wait till this weekend when I get the car back to do that, hope it's the source of the problem

Archived