LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't they say its not the size of the tolerance that matters, its how you use it. :lol:

... true to an extent, a tolerance is only as good as it's placement... but size certainly helps:cool:. if i could hold everything to .001 and some how not have people up here constantly with out of spec parts it would make my life a lot easier.

I'm going to get a caliper and take some measurements. Been looking for an excuse to get one for years anyway. Also got the loaner camera today so I should be able to peak inside just for fun.

I'm out enough money with this experience so far so I'd like to avoid switching to OEM studs. I'd need to buy new ones and then figure out what do with $40 worth of ARP bolts. I'm leaning towards drilling out the holes in the flange.

I'm going to get a caliper and take some measurements. Been looking for an excuse to get one for years anyway. Also got the loaner camera today so I should be able to peak inside just for fun.

I'm out enough money with this experience so far so I'd like to avoid switching to OEM studs. I'd need to buy new ones and then figure out what do with $40 worth of ARP bolts. I'm leaning towards drilling out the holes in the flange.

Look into getting sleeves for you bolts. it won't be quite as tight as real shoulder bolts will be but will definitely reduce play a bit. if the plan is just to open up the holes then your going to add more play, but if you widen them to a nice specific number you can get little sleeves that are the right size for your new flange holes and your bolts.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-standoffs/=zunuk5

something like this may do the trick they are held to +/-.005 on the OD

nevermind looks like those only go up to 1/4-20 even tho they make 2" wide ones wierd I'll look for another solution on my lunch

Edited by ripstik

Haha those are the the type of issues you wanna have. I also need to add that my stock charge pipe was caved in at the bov connection and at another spot. If anyone is planning on running it with the DP I'd highly advise against it

Did you get a picture?

Haha those are the the type of issues you wanna have. I also need to add that my stock charge pipe was caved in at the bov connection and at another spot. If anyone is planning on running it with the DP I'd highly advise against it

Take a pic man!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Did you get a picture?

Take a pic man!

Yea seriously! this upgrade may be further out than i thought

Finally back home, It was a short drive back from the shop so I haven't gotten on it yet. Numbers are pretty much the same as before because I told him to not go full retard on the tune. I'll take a pic for you guys on my way out, but a spirited drive is in order now that rush hour is over.:icon_chee

Flange hole size was .4 something. Didn't get a pic.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/17/e178111fcabc05b91bb37c4751abbafb.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/17/14b2baeeeb7c4ee4f2c4bde925774a32.jpg

I noticed some threads were messed up on the bolt I took out. I might be getting studs after all. Guess some one overtightened.

I'm glad I grabbed the racer-x charge pipe:)

Flange hole size was .4 something. Didn't get a pic.

I noticed some threads were messed up on the bolt I took out. I might be getting studs after all. Guess some one overtightened.

I guess that gets rid of the "extra slop" idea....