LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

Opened it up for the first time yesterday. Wouldn't you know, it threw p0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure High Input at me. The car doesn't appear to be down on power at all, but its gonna have to go back to the tuner :mad: I don't know what he set my boost target to but I got it up to 21 psi this morning when I did a pull. From what I've read it could be a whole slew of problems anything from a boost leak to to MAP/MAF issues. Any insight is much appreciated.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suspect the shop took it for a joy ride because stuff had slid around in the trunk. [emoji35] Hopefully no harm was done.

That's not OK any shop that is willing to install a DP for you should know better than to joy ride it without a tune. i always write down my In going mileage for that exact reason

That's not OK any shop that is willing to install a DP for you should know better than to joy ride it without a tune. i always write down my In going mileage for that exact reason

Yeah it had maybe a mile and a half put on it. I didn't think they would have a reason to drive it so I didn't mention anything about it needing to be tuned. They're just an ordinary shop; don't specialize in turbo Subarus or anything so maybe they didn't know. The DAM is still at 1.0 so I'm glad to see that. No CELs. Not sure what else to check or if there is really anything to worry about. Going to see what the tuner thinks when I get out there this week.

Now that the Group Buy is done and parts are being shipped, some of us are starting the install and the journey to Stage2. Post your pics, thoughts, experiences, troubles, fixes and results here.

For a brief summary of parts necessary for, or beneficial to, the install, see Post #1 of the GB thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/group-buy-nameless-performance-2010-legacy-gt-divorced-wastegate-downpipe-243956.html

Opened it up for the first time yesterday. Wouldn't you know, it threw p0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure High Input at me. The car doesn't appear to be down on power at all, but its gonna have to go back to the tuner :mad: I don't know what he set my boost target to but I got it up to 21 psi this morning when I did a pull. From what I've read it could be a whole slew of problems anything from a boost leak to to MAP/MAF issues. Any insight is much appreciated.

Ugh, I really hope it's not creep. That's how mine was when I realized that I was creeping (invidia catted dp). I threw that code about 3 times hitting anywhere from 22-24 psi easily, when I was set to 21.

Ugh, I really hope it's not creep. That's how mine was when I realized that I was creeping (invidia catted dp). I threw that code about 3 times hitting anywhere from 22-24 psi easily, when I was set to 21.

From what I've read our stock MAP sensor trips that code at around 24 psi. Do the 3 bar map sensors for the 4th Gen and WRX Fit our cars?

I believe our stock sensor is 1.5 Bar which converts to 21.7 psi. I know a few guys have used a 3 bar sensor but I am not sure which one. Maybe hit up acumenhokie or IslandBorn and see what they are running. Acumenhokie is SD tuned.

I have been dyno tuned a few times with this on my car! My tuner never mentioned boost creep and I never threw a code....knock on wood. My dyno graph was at 280 and 350 when I got mine done the first time, also I am happy to see these finally ship out to you guys! My mods are the Nameless tbe, NP bpv, and NP stainless intake tube. Still have the Perrin throttle body hose in my trunk because I couldn't get it to fit properly after 2 hours so I gave up lol

I have been dyno tuned a few times with this on my car! My tuner never mentioned boost creep and I never threw a code....knock on wood. My dyno graph was at 280 and 350 when I got mine done the first time, also I am happy to see these finally ship out to you guys! My mods are the Nameless tbe, NP bpv, and NP stainless intake tube. Still have the Perrin throttle body hose in my trunk because I couldn't get it to fit properly after 2 hours so I gave up lol

Which is the NP stainless intake tube?

I think people stopped seeing any real gains at about 19psi, at least on the stock fuelling.

Pretty much nailed it there. 20.5 here and called it good no reason to push beyond that really.

18.5was before building the engine so when a few of you are going in for your first protunes with no chargepipes,tmic it'd be safe to stay within 16-19psi/ if you're going to a shop that hasn't tuned a 5thgen before tell them you want to be within those targets. That will also help for no worrying about the codes the other member threw

I'm really on the fence bout the rest of the exhaust

-if I get the rest of the nameless goin to cost 1340 with shipping(loud)

-q300 900 with shipping (little quieter than nameless I think)

-or I beileve a local shop uses the same metal piping as nameless does ,if they custom me a cat back maybe with resonator and mufflers 700.

I love the nameless sound but I'm afraid after the honeymoon phase it will be too loud

-or maybe just keep my stock midpipe n get mufflers

Does any one know what size the stock midpipe is?

And any inout on these options

And also is this the bolts I need to replace when I take off my stock downpipe

image.thumb.jpg.c2490833926e592c2b2d4fd8a8723318.jpg

A guy I meet a couple months back when I tuned my 4th gen,

He had a 2010 lgt with

Catless invidia tbe

-racerx tmic

-gfb bpv

-ebcs

And made 295 whp and 333 tq with a slipping clutch

He said he's tuned at 19psi but so far no creep he read here that it might and told Jarred from PDX TUNING about if b4 he tuned the car but he said it didn't creep

Do the 3 bar map sensors for the 4th Gen and WRX Fit our cars?

No they don't. You would need this one, made for the Supra: http://omnipowerusa.com/store/#!/Toyota-Supra-Map-Sensor-3-&-4-Bar/c/5931633/offset=0&sort=normal

Stick to the 3bar sensor unless you are going crazy. Resolution is better vs. the 4bar item and some Impreza guys have had issues with Omni 4bar sensors.

I believe our stock sensor is 1.5 Bar which converts to 21.7 psi. I know a few guys have used a 3 bar sensor but I am not sure which one. Maybe hit up acumenhokie or IslandBorn and see what they are running. Acumenhokie is SD tuned.

That's 2.5bar, because it's an Absolute sensor ;) You're right in that it will deal with 'about' 1.5bar boost.

Pretty much nailed it there. 20.5 here and called it good no reason to push beyond that really.

18.5 was before building the engine so when a few of you are going in for your first protunes with no charge pipes, tmic it'd be safe to stay within 16-19psi/ if you're going to a shop that hasn't tuned a 5th gen before tell them you want to be within those targets.

I have seen a few stock EJ255 motors lift the heads past 18~18.5psi. I can't tell yet if it's age-related but for example my motor went 60,000km at 18psi or so while some cars that had gone 80,000km stock had gasket issues shortly after being tuned to that level. YMMV and all that. This is not much different to the EJ255s fitted to WRX and FXT models TBH.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.