LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

Has anyone installed Subaru Legacy Interior Trim Kit - Piano Black? Looks tempting. I have a premium with the beige interior, not sure if that would work well with this piano black trim.

http://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-legacy-interior-trim-piano-black-p-4358.html

I have the sport trim which comes with the piano black as standard, and I really like the look. I think the black would look pretty nice with the beige.

I have had my car for 9 months and have no scratches on any of the piano black trim. Fingerprints are a lot less of an issue than I thought too especially on the steering wheel having the piano black buttons. I use the buttons all of the time and fingerprints are never really noticeable. If you are really worried about finger prints then take 30 seconds once a week to wipe them off - as easy as that!

I have had my car for 9 months and have no scratches on any of the piano black trim. Fingerprints are a lot less of an issue than I thought too especially on the steering wheel having the piano black buttons. I use the buttons all of the time and fingerprints are never really noticeable.

Great to know - I'll be getting a 2018 Legacy (Liberty here in Australia) in a year or so and it will come with gloss black power window switch surrounds and I've been dreading that!

Looks really good!

Did you wrap the area around the gear shift too? Any tips on how to do that? Did you disassemble the centre console or wrap it in place?

Yes I did, not too difficult to remove it. Pretty much identical to disassembling our center console area.

Here's my writeup on the Forester forum:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/2017-xt-touring-interior-trim-wrap-689337/#post6772249

Great to know - I'll be getting a 2018 Legacy (Liberty here in Australia) in a year or so and it will come with gloss black power window switch surrounds and I've been dreading that!

I find if you only gently wipe dust or any fingerprint marks off with a damp/wet chamois it is fine. If you want to avoid scratches I wouldn’t use a dry cloth or fingers. We’ve had this finish on the gearshift surround of our previous SJ XT & on various parts of our current MY16 3.6R Liberty & haven’t had any scratches.

The factory black gloss on the shifter surround, steering wheel buttons & window switch surrounds along with the very subtle black carbon fibre finish on parts of the dash on our model Liberty looks great – the best combination Subaru have come up with IMO.

I do not believe the Legacy have a CVT ( transmission) cooler. It cools using it's CVT Oil circulations, the best of my knowledge.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I do not believe the Legacy have a CVT ( transmission) cooler.

Both Legacys and Outbacks have a coolant/oil heat exchanger for the CVT fluid. In addition, Outbacks have a secondary air/oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator and A/C condenser, which also requires additional plumbing.

Can someone please tell me the part numbers for the CVT cooler I have a 2016 2.5

There is an entire thread devoted to the topic, thanks to member Opie, including a complete parts list.

See http://www.challengepromotions.com/Wills/Legacy/Legacy%20CVT%20Cooler%20Install.pdf.

The cooler is the same, 2.5 or 3.6, but the plumbing will be different because they use different primary heat exchangers.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Both Legacys and Outbacks have a coolant/oil heat exchanger for the CVT fluid. In addition, Outbacks have a secondary air/oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator and A/C condenser, which also requires additional plumbing.

Yes, this is what I am asking about the secondary one fitted on the Outback. I thought maybe the 3.6 Legacy had them as well

I thought maybe the 3.6 Legacy had them as well

If you're seriously considering a project like this, you really need to invest in a Factory Service Manual first.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Has anyone had luck with this?

https://www.smyperformance.com/electronics-441/advanced-keys-proximity-smart-keyless-entry-system-push-button-start-module-remote-start-w-new-fobs.html

Wanting a push button (doesnt have to be the red STI one) and remote start all in one, this seems like a solid package. Unless anyone knows of a better one.

Also, is there a trim piece for the button location? Really dont want to drill a hole in my dash unless absolutely necessary.

I'll be getting a 2018 Legacy (Liberty here in Australia) in a year or so

At this stage that's pretty much my time frame as well (late 2018 or early 2019) ..... I'm just hoping that a HUD is standard by then because that's almost a deal breaker for me. I have an after market one now and it's great, but factory fitted would be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a decent sound upgrade ot is it the audio splitter off the rear to amps.

I have the premium and the sound is abysmal.

I put Whitehouse through it to get a baseline and here is the adjustments I needed to make to get flatline.

8643849c145f8e17432b0018d1311171.jpg

Is there a decent sound upgrade ot is it the audio splitter off the rear to amps.

I put Whitehouse through it to get a baseline and here is the adjustments I needed to make to get flatline.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/factory-stereo-upgrade-260768.html

Edited by The Grey Goose

Factory stereo in the Prem is a POS. I pulled out all six speakers and replaced with some Rockford Fosgates, spliced in two LOC's behind the head unit, installed a 1200w 4 channel amp for all the speakers, then installed a 3400w amp for my 15" 2400w Soundqubed sub. It's like going from riding a 1 speed bicycle to a Suzuki Hayabusa. I am not an audiophile but one thing I have noticed (and am wondering if others notice this too) is that the sound is much more 'solid' when I play it through a USB device. If I play sound through an AUX cord or BT it doesn't punch as hard and isn't as solid. Always wondered about this.

Edited by Milkywitness

Factory stereo in the Prem is a POS. I pulled out all six speakers and replaced with some Rockford Fosgate Punshes, spliced in two LOC's behind the head unit, installed a 1200w 4 channel amp for all the speakers, then installed a 3400w amp for my 15" 2400w Soundqubed sub. It's like going from riding a 1 speed bicycle to a Suzuki Hayabusa. I am not an audiophile but one thing I have noticed (and am wondering if others notice this too) is that the sound is much more 'solid' when I play it through a USB device. If I play sound through an AUX cord or BT it doesn't punch as hard and isn't as solid. Always wondered about this.

I haven't upgraded my stereo in the 16 yet (thinking about it) but even with factory, I notice the same thing you have. I can get more bass and overall better sound by using the USB as opposed to the BT. I rarely use the AUX, so I cant comment on that really. I really wish the BT quality was better, as it is what I mainly use for music, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Findway (https://www.findway.ca/search-by-vehicle/subaru/legacy/2015)

makes carpet-like mats that are effective for winter use and are custom fit to the Legacy. Their site has them for C$99 + shipping. They are sold through the web sites (in Canada) of Staples, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, eBay for C$115. Staples often has $10 off for purchases over $100 and free shipping. So I got mine that way. There's a lot of discussion on a Forester forum (http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/). They fit well with higher edges and look like OEM. There are three pieces for the rear seat floor included, with the middle one holding the others in place. It all works nicely and the price is competitive. They are made in China with some modifications by the guy who sells them in Canada. They ship to the US.

Findway (https://www.findway.ca/search-by-vehicle/subaru/legacy/2015)

makes carpet-like mats that are effective for winter use and are custom fit to the Legacy. Their site has them for C$99 + shipping. They are sold through the web sites (in Canada) of Staples, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, eBay for C$115. Staples often has $10 off for purchases over $100 and free shipping. So I got mine that way. There's a lot of discussion on a Forester forum (http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/). They fit well with higher edges and look like OEM. There are three pieces for the rear seat floor included, with the middle one holding the others in place. It all works nicely and the price is competitive. They are made in China with some modifications by the guy who sells them in Canada. They ship to the US.

I'll second the recommendation for these. They are carpet on top, rubber/plastic backed so no water seepage into the car's carpet. I had them in my '12 WRX and ordered them immediately for my Legacy.

Has anyone installed lift spacers on their 6th gen?

http://get-primitive.com/spacers/262-lift-spacers-2010-legacyoutback.html#/front_lift_spacer_s-pick_your_size/lift_spacer_combo_se-pick_a_combo/rear_lift_spacer_s-pick_your_size

http://andersondesign-fab.com/product.php?product=2010-2014-legacy-1-lift-kit-2

Something like those. I want to buy 1" lift spacers, but I heard about the rear two being multilink? Would I be able to simply buy those 1 inch lift spacers, plug them in, and then go get a wheel alignment and be good to go? Or do I need multilink for the rear and the regular simple spacer for the front? Would going above 1" look goofy on a Legacy? Thinking about converting into a sedan Outback...getting this lift and getting an Outback front bumper.

I do a lot of rural driving and off road driving (yeah yeah why did I get a Legacy) and the extra ground clearance would be very helpful for me. Hoping I could do this lift myself then take it into the service shop for an alignment.

a323dd50d663d6f47aca6cac4570c8c9.jpg27917f9a0ca159b4b2f21ea9a03e3946.jpgc97352ce7ce6e5b0d5995297f8dc0783.jpg

WellVisors Window Deflector. Instead of paying $200 for the OEM Deflector, this is $50

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

How are they holding up so far? I'm about to snag these up!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

So has someone had any luck with an air intake. I have a 2017 Legacy 2.5 and i am looking for one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If you check the first page of this post, there is one listed. I believe Takeda makes it, you just have to get the one for the 5th gen I believe.

Yea I believe its an FB25 motor as the 13-14 5th gen was so just use one for them. I have a HPS short Ram and it sounds nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EDIT: I have the intake on my 5th gen

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk