LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

Hey there 6th gen folks. Wanted to share a couple parts I've come across recently that I thought might not be known here. These are actual power mods that are specific to the FB25 engine (shocking, right!), so they'll fit 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i's and 5th gen 2.5i's from 2013-2014.

Intake on a 2.5 will increase power by how much?

What tuning is also required?

Does this assume you also have a full exhaust installed?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but intakes of themselves are eye candy and noise, and may actually reduce your engine performance.

Power mods on NASIOC for the WRX come with dyno charts, I would look for those before you spend a ton of money on an intake for a 2.5, or just trade for a 3.6, at least the several thousand dollars more you pay for the 3.6 will give you proven increased power output.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but intakes of themselves are eye candy and noise, and may actually reduce your engine performance.

Power mods on NASIOC for the WRX come with dyno charts, I would look for those before you spend a ton of money on an intake for a 2.5, or just trade for a 3.6, at least the several thousand dollars more you pay for the 3.6 will give you proven increased power output.

It is what it is, I honestly couldn't tell you what the output increase would be from these, just found the parts and wanted to share since I know the market is pretty dry for 6th gen mods. I'm sure that a mild tune would garner the most benefit from them, but even then some people are ok with expensive arm candy lol.

I have a 5th gen 3.6R, so I'm planning on picking up Kakimoto's variant for my engine, as that HAS shown proven gains on the 6-cylinder engine, especially considering I'm tuned and can have it adjusted for the intake. Not sure if that would fit the 6th gen 3.6R or not, currently not listed for compatibility with the 6th gen.

Hey there 6th gen folks. Wanted to share a couple parts I've come across recently that I thought might not be known here.

The Syms is newer than the Kakimoto. Both Japanese brands are very reputable. I'm using a Kakimoto axleaback exhaust so I can vouch for Kaki build quality. Bear in mind that the Syms is one of the most expensive intakes for 6th gens, mainly because it's made from carbon fiber. Another thing to note is that both intakes will probably be relatively quiet vs an aFe Takeda.

Based on my dyno runs with only a Takeda intake and an earlier version of my ECU tune, an ECU tune's recommended, but will only give a handful of horses (about 5hp at the wheels on a 2.5i) without an exhaust. But intake and exhaust plus tune can indeed give a dyno-proven (in my experience, ymmv) 10+% increase in hp and torque, though that's a different topic.

@redvenetian on Instagram

The Syms is newer than the Kakimoto. Both Japanese brands are very reputable. I'm using a Kakimoto axleaback exhaust so I can vouch for Kaki build quality. Bear in mind that the Syms is one of the most expensive intakes for 6th gens, mainly because it's made from carbon fiber. Another thing to note is that both intakes will probably be relatively quiet vs an aFe Takeda.

Based on my dyno runs with only a Takeda intake and an earlier version of my ECU tune, an ECU tune's recommended, but will only give a handful of horses (about 5hp at the wheels on a 2.5i) without an exhaust. But intake and exhaust plus tune can indeed give a dyno-proven (in my experience, ymmv) 10+% increase in hp and torque, though that's a different topic.

so when you add up the exhaust, tune, and intake, it probably costs more than the difference in price between 3.6 and 2.5 legacys, however, the HP difference is not comparable (2.5 sees its 174 hp bumped to ~180-190 hp with the aftermarket additions, while a 3.6 starts at 256 hp, and comes with a more robust CVT).

IDK, seems silly to me to do this work. I doubt you will resell a tuned legacy for more than a stock one, probably you will lose money since nobody wants a car that was potentially abused, and tuned cars tend to see harder use...

(2.5 sees its 174 hp bumped to ~180-190 hp with the aftermarket additions, while a 3.6 starts at 256 hp, and comes with a more robust CVT)

And a 6-cylinder engine provides substantially smoother power delivery than a 4, due to overlapping power pulses and slightly better inherent balance.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Just bought this and Drops Right In.. K&N Cabin Filter Gen 6.. For 42.00 it will pay for itself quickly and you'll have a lifetime filter.. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm just about to change my cabin filter. I've checked out the K&N VF2000 on Amazon and there are quite a few complaints about the smell from these filters. Just wondering if have you experienced this?

Just purchase a WIX and call it a day.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Row, I ended up ordering this one. The initial customer service in regards to my questions was pretty amazing .... a rarity in these days of "take it or leave it"

http://cabinairfilters.com.au/product/subaru-liberty-cabin-air-filter-2009-2015/

Tire Rack shows Eibach Pro Kit springs and KW Variant 3 Coilovers for the 15 Legacy

V3's? Hmmm....awesome coilovers and worth every penny. Had them on my WRX - they would absolutely transform the Legacy.

Edited by Imprzme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I just went through this whole thread and it looks like the cold air intake listed on the first page doesn’t work for the 2017s? Is that correct or did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which cold air intake?if Takeda I have it installed in 2017.

Yeah that one. But you said you had to put a dent in it. Didn’t you? How bad is the dent? Do you have a pic and how did you dent it?

you don’t have to put a dent on it it will fit fine,reason why I put dent on it is I just wanna make sure it wouldn’t rub or hit against the ac line,but other than that it fits fine.i will post a pic later today.

you don’t have to put a dent on it it will fit fine,reason why I put dent on it is I just wanna make sure it wouldn’t rub or hit against the ac line,but other than that it fits fine.i will post a pic later today.

Alright thank you. Have you noticed a big difference in performance?