LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

Wow that does suck haha. I'll make sure to get it first then before taking it apart. The intake I want to buy was for a 2014 Legacy and I knows you said yours was for a 2015. Do you think there will be any difference between the 2014 and 2015? I'm skeptical that it will fit my 2016.

I just looked up the 2014 and the engine compartment looks to be almost identical to our 2016. If not the intake still appears to be he same and in the same location so it should be fine. Just to be safe I'd grab a bit of hose and a coupler, return it if you don't need it. Which intake were you looking at?

**EDIT**

And on aFe Power's website this is for the 10-15 Legacy so you should be good. Mine was for the 2015 and that crankcase breather vent was the only hiccup I had. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/ff55a0e32ae87d895c359fecaa6ae98e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BeastCoast
@BeastCoast1

I just looked up the 2014 and the engine compartment looks to be almost identical to our 2016. If not the intake still appears to be he same and in the same location so it should be fine. Just to be safe I'd grab a bit of hose and a coupler, return it if you don't need it. Which intake were you looking at?

**EDIT**

And on aFe Power's website this is for the 10-15 Legacy so you should be good. Mine was for the 2015 and that crankcase breather vent was the only hiccup I had. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/ff55a0e32ae87d895c359fecaa6ae98e.png

Yeah, that intake definitely looks the same. The only thing that got me concerned was the response from an AFE tech when I asked about the different models:

"I know for a fact that your intake will not fit the 2017 Legacy, and I thing the 2016 legacy is when they changed the style so I would be careful when trying to install it because my system shows that the 2014 intake only fits up to 2015. Just a heads up."

His system could just be taking in account though that the hose is shorter and so does not technically fit the 2016.

The intake I was looking to get is this one: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ny-takeda-intake-2-5i-256413.html. Just sucks if I get it and it doesn't fit because it's not like I can return it.

P.s. thanks for all the help on this!

Yeah, that intake definitely looks the same. The only thing that got me concerned was the response from an AFE tech when I asked about the different models:

"I know for a fact that your intake will not fit the 2017 Legacy, and I thing the 2016 legacy is when they changed the style so I would be careful when trying to install it because my system shows that the 2014 intake only fits up to 2015. Just a heads up."

His system could just be taking in account though that the hose is shorter and so does not technically fit the 2016.

The intake I was looking to get is this one: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ny-takeda-intake-2-5i-256413.html. Just sucks if I get it and it doesn't fit because it's not like I can return it.

P.s. thanks for all the help on this!

Literally identical to mine. If he is saying that it's only compatible up to 2015, that's he one I have. The model number for the one I bought is TR-4303P, that's exactly what that is. As for the breather hose, you reuse your stock one so that extra piece he has attached can be used if your hose happens to be too short. Then all you'd need is a coupler and a couple tiny clamps.

Didn't see there was 3 pics. That is 100% the same as mine. And he even has a coupler and clamps. You need nothing.

This is how short it is. I have the hose fully seated on the coupler now but just so you have a general idea what it looks like

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/25c107a4f96f45a372855bbcfa2788fc.png

Edited by BeastCoast
@BeastCoast1

Literally identical to mine. If he is saying that it's only compatible up to 2015, that's he one I have. The model number for the one I bought is TR-4303P, that's exactly what that is. As for the breather hose, you reuse your stock one so that extra piece he has attached can be used if your hose happens to be too short. Then all you'd need is a coupler and a couple tiny clamps.

Didn't see there was 3 pics. That is 100% the same as mine. And he even has a coupler and clamps. You need nothing.

This is how short it is. I have the hose fully seated on the coupler now but just so you have a general idea what it looks like

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/25c107a4f96f45a372855bbcfa2788fc.png

Great to hear it looks exactly the same! I'll go for it then. Hopefully he includes all that stuff in the pictures. Thanks so much for your help! I'll let you know how it goes once I get it.

I bought a brand new one off of another supplier other than aFe Power and the crankcase breather hose was like 3" short. I was like wtf am I doing wrong!? Extra few inches of hose and coupler and I was good to go. Sucked that I had to install my stock intake again to go to the parts store because I already had it out.

Wierd that the hose was 3inches shorter. How long should the hose be? I want to measure mine to be ready when i install it.

Wierd that the hose was 3inches shorter. How long should the hose be? I want to measure mine to be ready when i install it.

I'm not sure what the actual shortage is honestly.3" was a guesstimate but from the look of it, the 2016's hose is a little shorter. Everything else seems to be layer out identically except that. Why the hell they would change that is unknown to me

@BeastCoast1

FYI, although the Takeda intake I bought from Snake River Performance via eBay was listed as compatible with the 2015 2.5, the sticker on the box I got only listed "2014" compatibility (see pic). But it still came with the correct-length hose so I didn't need to use a coupler, although in hindsight, a coupler would have made for an easier installation since I found it really hard to tighten the hose clamp at the crankcase. No room unless you have a long skinny screwdriver, and even then only from a specific angle.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/69ff206308c9ce574d01e56f51409b92.jpg

How long should the hose be? I want to measure mine to be ready when i install it.

Just hold it in place and estimate the fit. It should be pretty obvious if it'll fit or not. Cuz mine was longer than it needed to be, whereas the short ones some of the guys here ended up with looked way short.

Edited by surmiser
@redvenetian on Instagram

FYI, although the Takeda intake I bought from Snake River Performance via eBay was listed as compatible with the 2015 2.5, the sticker on the box I got only listed "2014" compatibility (see pic). But it still came with the correct-length hose so I didn't need to use a coupler, although in hindsight, a coupler would have made for an easier installation since I found it really hard to tighten the hose clamp at the crankcase. No room unless you have a long skinny screwdriver, and even then only from a specific angle.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/69ff206308c9ce574d01e56f51409b92.jpg

Just hold it in place and estimate the fit. It should be pretty obvious if it'll fit or not. Cuz mine was longer than it needed to me, whereas the short ones some of the guys here ended up with looked way short.

I bought mine brand new (forget the website) and it was for a 2015 and didn't come with a hose at all! Just the intake tube and associated clamps and couplers and the filter and assembly. That's what really confused me. So rather than take the entire stock hose out and replace it, I opted for sticking a few inches on the end.

@BeastCoast1

I bought mine brand new (forget the website) and it was for a 2015 and didn't come with a hose at all! Just the intake tube and associated clamps and couplers and the filter and assembly. That's what really confused me. So rather than take the entire stock hose out and replace it, I opted for sticking a few inches on the end.

Im going to open my box today and see.

When I was recently down under, I noticed the Liberty (Legacy), has different rear headrests vs. the US model.. Both sides match the middle headrest, they are just slightly larger and make more sense than the U.S. spec ones.. It also increases rear visibility because they aren't sticking up like dog ears in the U.S. model.. Any idea where to purchase? I had asked the vendor I bought my 20mm sway bar from and he told me that they don't have access to products listed for other markets or regions? I haven't been able to find a pic yet to show what I'm talking about.. Just try to picture 3 headrests just like the low profile one in the middle.... Thanks

When I was recently down under, I noticed the Liberty (Legacy), has different rear headrests vs. the US model.. Both sides match the middle headrest, they are just slightly larger and make more sense than the U.S. spec ones.. It also increases rear visibility because they aren't sticking up like dog ears in the U.S. model.. Any idea where to purchase? I had asked the vendor I bought my 20mm sway bar from and he told me that they don't have access to products listed for other markets or regions? I haven't been able to find a pic yet to show what I'm talking about.. Just try to picture 3 headrests just like the low profile one in the middle.... Thanks

Good luck getting them here, shipping alone would make it not cost effective, but to each their own.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by RobbieGT

If anyone is interested in purchasing or looking into coilovers there's a place that makes them in the states for our current generation Legacy. Someone did respond to text and confirmed that they can be made as stiff or soft as you want. They are a little pricey but legit.

https://www.flatoutsuspension.com/products/stleg?variant=20670905860

If anyone is interested in purchasing or looking into coilovers there's a place that makes them in the states for our current generation Legacy. Someone did respond to text and confirmed that they can be made as stiff or soft as you want. They are a little pricey but legit.

https://www.flatoutsuspension.com/products/stleg?variant=20670905860

Thank you for sharing! I went ahead and contacted the company and they confirmed fitment on the 2.5 and Outback's.

Appreciate you posting up! Awesome find!

Thank you for sharing! I went ahead and contacted the company and they confirmed fitment on the 2.5 and Outback's.

Appreciate you posting up! Awesome find!

Anytime [emoji41]

woohoo coilovers for our cars time to save

Definitely... I was actually gonna bite the bullet and get RS-R coilovers from Japan off of their yahoo auction site but F$&@ that which I was questioning anyways lol guess I'm gonna have to save a couple hundred more for these

Definitely... I was actually gonna bite the bullet and get RS-R coilovers from Japan off of their yahoo auction site but F$&@ that which I was questioning anyways lol guess I'm gonna have to save a couple hundred more for these

Yea I was kinda bummed that there were no coilovers available to us in the states but my wallet will get hit harddd. Glad I dont have to purchase springs

Also I just checked out Flatout Suspensions Instagram account and my god does the 2015 Outback look sexy lowered with the coilovers...

Edited by leumaskrap

Yea I was kinda bummed that there were no coilovers available to us in the states but my wallet will get hit harddd. Glad I dont have to purchase springs

Also I just checked out Flatout Suspensions Instagram account and my god does the 2015 Outback look sexy lowered with the coilovers...

Drooling over that outback, if anyone wants to buy these now you can get 15% off for Black Friday which equals about $280 off. Wish I had that money now :spin::spin::spin:

Drooling over that outback, if anyone wants to buy these now you can get 15% off for Black Friday which equals about $280 off. Wish I had that money now :spin::spin::spin:

You and me both :lol: , I wanted to pull the trigger just because of the sale. But my wallet said no.