LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

I also had them add a 3 inch wide strip under both front windows. My dog loves to put his paws on the window edge. So far no scratches.

How about a picture ... dog in a subie, it doesn't get much better than that :)

• 1 month later...
Just bought this and Drops Right In.. K&N Cabin Filter Gen 6.. For 42.00 it will pay for itself quickly and you'll have a lifetime filter..

I'll probably sound like a bit of wimp here, seeing as how a lot of you guys on the forum almost take you cars apart doing mods ...... but I'm just wondering about replacing cabin filters. I've read all the relevant posts and watched the youtube clips and it's obviously a simple procedure, but there seems to be a lot of bending of plastic involved and knowing my luck I'd snap something, so I'm just wondering if in your opinion the replacement procedure is "breakage free" :lol:

I'll probably sound like a bit of wimp here, seeing as how a lot of you guys on the forum almost take you cars apart doing mods ...... but I'm just wondering about replacing cabin filters. I've read all the relevant posts and watched the youtube clips and it's obviously a simple procedure, but there seems to be a lot of bending of plastic involved and knowing my luck I'd snap something, so I'm just wondering if in your opinion the replacement procedure is "breakage free" [emoji38]
Yes it's very easy to change.. Youward release the Glove Box arm then you just have to take the sides of the Glove Box and push it in towards the center and it will drop open to show the 4 tabs to press to remove the Access door to the filter.. Difficulty from 1 to 10 and 10 being the hardest.. I rate this a 2 or 3.. Takes 15 minutes to do why pay the dealer 90.00 to do it and charge you a minimum of a hour to change it.. [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just bought this and Drops Right In.. K&N Cabin Filter Gen 6.. For 42.00 it will pay for itself quickly and you'll have a lifetime filter.. [emoji44] [emoji869]2ae831c2d0a7a41203287097a3ef74b6.jpg6300a98bf2314771b93e959413e6bf95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I assume that filter oil is out of the question for that filter! :p

453747.png

... but there seems to be a lot of bending of plastic involved and knowing my luck I'd snap something, ...

On mine the arm that attaches to the side of the glove box was very tight to disengage mainly because of the tight fit caused by the tape wrapped around the plastic pin. From memory I squeezed the plastic pin with a pair of pliers while applying steady sideways pressure to the arm. Once the arm was released the rest was a piece of cake.

I'll probably sound like a bit of wimp here, seeing as how a lot of you guys on the forum almost take you cars apart doing mods ...... but I'm just wondering about replacing cabin filters. I've read all the relevant posts and watched the youtube clips and it's obviously a simple procedure, but there seems to be a lot of bending of plastic involved and knowing my luck I'd snap something, so I'm just wondering if in your opinion the replacement procedure is "breakage free" :lol:

Just did mine yesterday actually. It was my first time changing it and it was very easy and took about 2 minutes. Just do it exactly like in this video and nothing can go wrong. You'd be hard pressed to break the plastic on the glove box by hand if you tried as it is designed to be not prone to cracking. Good luck and enjoy the ~$20 and a lot of time you saved by not having a shop do it!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried this on their 6th gens? It's a throttle controller called Sprint Booster from UK I think. A local shop here in PH is offering it and claims that it'll work on the 6th gens. If anyone has used it, any feedback? Thanks.

www.sprintboostersales.com

Hhmmm haven't heard of it,you should give it a try..

How's the weather there in Manila?havent been back there since 2005.

Looks like there's a dealer here in MARYLAND..might call them in the morning .

Edited by PATS4LIFE

Hhmmm haven't heard of it,you should give it a try..

How's the weather there in Manila?havent been back there since 2005.

Looks like there's a dealer here in MARYLAND..might call them in the morning .

It's been raining a lot in here for the past few weeks. Been keeping my 3.6 in the garage for quite some time.

In case you try out the sprint booster before I get it or if you get feedback from that dealer in Maryland, please share your feedback. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Hey all, I just ordered the OEM 20mm RSB and Kartboy rear endlinks and can't be more psyched. I noticed the Kartboy endlinks aren't on the suspension sticky area? Also, it's been a while, does anyone know if the new 18 STi (with it's "upgraded suspension") has a beefier RSB that might now be an option too?

Has anyone tried this on their 6th gens? It's a throttle controller called Sprint Booster from UK I think. A local shop here in PH is offering it and claims that it'll work on the 6th gens. If anyone has used it, any feedback? Thanks.

www.sprintboostersales.com

Although I haven't used it personally, it (and throttle controllers in general) are extremely popular where I am. A Levorg buddy of mine is using it and is very happy with it. It basically tricks the ECU into opening the throttle wider than it normally wood for a given throttle pedal position. End result is a more sensitive throttle. I'd only use it if you don't plan on getting an ECU tune, which can give you all that and more. It also plugs into you car via the OBD2 port, which is a consideration in case you want to use the OBD2 port for other things, and don't want to use an OBD2 port splitter.

Also RaceCompEngineering has springs and coilovers for Legacy among some other whiteline bushings

What brands are the springs and coilovers?

@redvenetian on Instagram

Although I haven't used it personally, it (and throttle controllers in general) are extremely popular where I am. A Levorg buddy of mine is using it and is very happy with it. It basically tricks the ECU into opening the throttle wider than it normally wood for a given throttle pedal position. End result is a more sensitive throttle. I'd only use it if you don't plan on getting an ECU tune, which can give you all that and more. It also plugs into you car via the OBD2 port, which is a consideration in case you want to use the OBD2 port for other things, and don't want to use an OBD2 port splitter.

I haven been itching to get this but worried if CVT will hold and also if it will affect eyesight

What brands are the springs and coilovers?

Just did mine yesterday actually. It was my first time changing it and it was very easy and took about 2 minutes. Just do it exactly like in this video and nothing can go wrong. You'd be hard pressed to break the plastic on the glove box by hand if you tried as it is designed to be not prone to cracking. Good luck and enjoy the ~$20 and a lot of time you saved by not having a shop do it!

I went for my state inspection (at a Jiffy Lube) and the dotards removed both my air and cabin filter (which I had just replaced a week earlier) because it is part of their standard "upsell" to sell you filters.

Basically, they remove it, wave it in front of you, say how dirty it is, and ask you to pay to replace them...I was a bit pissed, they have no reason during a state inspection to remove my glovebox, and I let them know this.

In any case, easy to remove, and put back, but remember when you go for your inspection to tell the morons to leave it alone.

Edited by upstater

I have been itching to get this

What, a throttle controller? I wouldn't worry about it stressing the CVT because it doesn't actually increase power output. It's sorta the equivalent of having a heavier foot.

And if you're really worried about CVT longevity, you could always Invest in a CVT cooler, though that's another topic entirely.

@redvenetian on Instagram

Hey there 6th gen folks. Wanted to share a couple parts I've come across recently that I thought might not be known here. These are actual power mods that are specific to the FB25 engine (shocking, right!), so they'll fit 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i's and 5th gen 2.5i's from 2013-2014. They are both similar products, and although pricey, both are from well known JDM aftermarket manufacturers and may be worth it to interested individuals.

----------

SYMS Racing Flow Suction Box (for FB25)

MSRP ¥79,500 (roughly ~$706 USD)

SYMS part # Y2000EG009

http://syms.jp/car_category/intake_legacy_bnbs/

gAnPGqX.jpg

gzVzFeg.jpg

This will fit all 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i, and will fit 2013-2014 Legacy/Outback 2.5i as well. Check the SYMS website for other products as well.

----------

Kakimoto Racing Air Intake Chamber

MSRP ¥ 75,000 (Roughly ~$666 USD)

Kakimoto part # BIC 350

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/bic350.html

RcuIXgt.jpg

9q4JrkD.jpg

Same fitment as above, but Kakimoto also makes a similar intake chamber for just about every single NA Subaru model/engine. Full list here: http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/intake_list.html

----------

Both of these serve the same function, and I couldn't say which one is better or worse, so it's mostly down to whichever one you like the look of better. The Kakimoto is just about as expensive as the SYMS, but I have seen the Kakimoto one pop up used in places like Croooober (Up Garage) and Yahoo.jp auctions in near new condition for about half the price of the MSRP. I've never seen a SYMS one pop up used before. If you want to buy these new, you'll likely have to go through somewhere like JapanParts, and I think Croooober can arrange new buys as well.

Very nice find,,@HUMBLE RUMBLE

But I don’t it will fit 2017,I have a Takeda system and the tube is running against the a/c line I had to put a little dent on the intake tube to clear it..

I don’t know why 2015-16 a/c lines are routed different from 2017.