LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

Before someone inevitably tells you to use the Search function (though that's a good idea), let me briefly say that:

- the aFe Power Takeda intake you're presumably referring to should indeed keep water and gunk out of your engine at least as well as the stock airbox. My 2.5 is also my daily driver (and my only car, actually), and I just ordered a Takeda intake.

- you should probably read more reviews from those of us who have used various sway bars before biting the bullet. At least the 19mm and 20mm are priced similarly so cost isn't a differentiator. Go any thicker and the cost jumps. But if you're worried about 20mm being too thick vs the 19mm, don't because the 22mm one I'm using doesn't feel extreme at all.

- if you're primarily interested in performance, and bang for buck is important, you might want to consider just getting your ECU tuned instead of worrying about intake and exhaust. Check out the 6th Gen Tuning Thread for valuable info.

Will check it out, even if i get the filter and air intake it would not hurt as well as ecu tuning. I will look at the reviews and see what to get shortly, thank you for the help. Its my only car as well, i will probably do the kn filter and intake for now then slowly start doing more to it.

Will check it out, even if i get the filter and air intake it would not hurt as well as ecu tuning. I will look at the reviews and see what to get shortly, thank you for the help. Its my only car as well, i will probably do the kn filter and intake for now then slowly start doing more to it.

The Takeda intake and the SSD intake both come with new filters so don't waste money on just a filter. Figured I'd warn you just incase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BeastCoast1

So i would not need the kn filter?

No sir. The SSD Intake actually has an option for you to choose K&N as the included filter. So with that...

1.) you get the intake hose and filter you want in one shot

2.) you get to reuse both halves of your stock airbox (less assembly). The Takeda TR4303-P comes with a heat shield to replace half of the airbox. Nothing to difficult but just an extra step. The only difference really between them is one has a cone filter Vs. stock sized panel filter. And I could be wrong but it looks like the SSD intake hose is plastic Vs Takeda which is aluminum(?).

Edited by BeastCoast
@BeastCoast1

No sir. The SSD Intake actually has an option for you to choose K&N as the included filter. So with that...

1.) you get the intake hose and filter you want in one shot

2.) you get to reuse both halves of your stock airbox (less assembly). The Takeda TR4303-P comes with a heat shield to replace half of the airbox. Nothing to difficult but just an extra step. The only difference really between them is one has a cone filter Vs. stock sized panel filter. And I could be wrong but it looks like the SSD intake hose is plastic Vs Takeda which is aluminum(?).

Thank you very much for the help, takeda intake has the covering over the filter to hopefully avoid water and so being sucked into the engine. I did not see something like that on the SSD but maybe wrong. It is cheaper and with kn filter but i am worried about anything getting into the engine.

Thank you very much for the help, takeda intake has the covering over the filter to hopefully avoid water and so being sucked into the engine. I did not see something like that on the SSD but maybe wrong. It is cheaper and with kn filter but i am worried about anything getting into the engine.

The SSD shouldn't suck in any water either because it's just tubing plus a panel filter to replace your stock panel filter. Filter is the same size, direct fit. That's one of the reasons it's cheaper.

The Takeda is tubing plus a big cone filter (bigger than the stock panel filter) in an enclosure that replaces half of our airbox, and therefore doesn't suck in water.

@redvenetian on Instagram

The SSD shouldn't suck in any water either because it's just tubing plus a panel filter to replace your stock panel filter. Filter is the same size, direct fit. That's one of the reasons it's cheaper.

The Takeda is tubing plus a big cone filter (bigger than the stock panel filter) in an enclosure that replaces half of our airbox, and therefore doesn't suck in water.

+1

The Takeda intake REPLACES half of the airbox. The stock airbox is already fully enclosed and the SSD intake doesnt modify that at all. No need to worry :)

@BeastCoast1

Wonderful Thank you both for the help, i have been reading and searching on the forums about sway bars. That would be the better option it seems and 19mm should be fine?

I can't comment personally as I dont have a RSB but check out this thread. Should answer some questions.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/19mm-rear-sway-bar-install-231670.html

@BeastCoast1

If we're still maintaining the consolidated list of aftermarket mods for the 6th gen in the first post, there are now also:

Lowering springs:

Coilovers:

Axleback exhausts:

Edited by surmiser

If we're still maintaining the consolidated list of aftermarket mods for the 6th gen in the first post, there are now also:

Lowering springs:

Coilovers:

Axleback exhausts:

The coilovers will not fit the Legacy at for 2015+ the front suspension was changed. If you can confirm that the companies are stating they will fit I will go ahead and add them to the listing.

Springs should fit but I don't believe that fitment has been 100% confirmed just yet.

I would prefer to keep the product on the site be available through websites within the US that would allow some type of easy return should an issue arise as all the linked sites appear to be from an our of country site.

Japan Parts is its own exclusion as it is reputable from searches I have completed.

Edited by CT2015Legacy

The coilovers will not fit the Legacy at for 2015+ the front suspension was changed. If you can confirm that the companies are stating they will fit I will go ahead and add them to the listing.

I'm aware that our front suspension differs from 5th-gen. The D2 coilovers are brand new products that explicitly support the 6th-gen BN9. No, I can't personally confirm fitment, but I've researched them enough from D2 distributors, etc, to be confident these aren't repackaged 5th-gen coilovers. And believe me, many folks tried to sell me 5th-gen D2 coilovers.

The RS*R coilovers clearly state they will fit BN9 but I've researched them far less than the D2.

Springs should fit but I don't believe that fitment has been 100% confirmed just yet.

No one's personally confirmed fitment, true. RS*R does clearly state BN9 compatibility and shows pictures of the BN9, not the BM9 or BMM.

I would prefer to keep the product on the site be available through websites within the US that would allow some type of easy return should an issue arise as all the linked sites appear to be from an our of country site.

Japan Parts is its own exclusion as it is reputable from searches I have completed.

I didn't include retailer links because I thought it more important to link to manufacturer sites that state BN9 compatibility. But I believe D2 is widely available in the US, no? They make wheels, big brake kits, etc, and one of the most well known Taiwanese coilover brands.

Rakuten, which many BN9 products are available on (a sorta Japanese Amazon marketplace), is a very well known Japanese online marketplace that's international and ships globally. It's as reputable as Amazon, which is why I'd rate them above Japan Parts, but ymmv. Your call. Just trying to help.

Has anyone used the intake that is posted? Would the 3.6r intakes fit in the 2.5i?

The Takeda 4303p is for the 2.5. They make one for the 3.6 but it doesn't fit

@BeastCoast1

I know they do but the white is too clean

White? It's polished metal.

http://i.imgur.com/ehrMS77.jpg

However if you're looking for something a little more subdued, SSD offers theirs in black. http://ssdsubaru.blogspot.com/

White? It's polished metal.

http://i.imgur.com/ehrMS77.jpg

However if you're looking for something a little more subdued, SSD offers theirs in black. http://ssdsubaru.blogspot.com/

Haha im sorry the the 3.6r ones were white in the pictures. Just saw that it was actually metal by looking at more pics. Oops

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like the SSD/K&N intake for the Forester(?) would fit

http://ssdsubaru.blogspot.com/

I used the Takeda specified for a 2015 for my 2016. Only difference was the crankcase breather hose was about 3" too short so I had to add a coupling and a couple inches of hose. Other than that, snugger than OJ's glove.

I know this an old thread, but I'm getting this intake for the previous generation and was wondering where you picked up the coupling and extra hose.

They do. If you buy one brand new they include the longer hose but if you buy a pressed one off the previous gen then the only difference is the hose is slightly short.

Ah thank you bobby

They do. If you buy one brand new they include the longer hose but if you buy a preused one off the previous gen then the only difference is the hose is slightly short.

I bought a brand new one off of another supplier other than aFe Power and the crankcase breather hose was like 3" short. I was like wtf am I doing wrong!? Extra few inches of hose and coupler and I was good to go. Sucked that I had to install my stock intake again to go to the parts store because I already had it out.

@BeastCoast1

I bought a brand new one off of another supplier other than aFe Power and the crankcase breather hose was like 3" short. I was like wtf am I doing wrong!? Extra few inches of hose and coupler and I was good to go. Sucked that I had to install my stock intake again to go to the parts store because I already had it out.

Wow that does suck haha. I'll make sure to get it first then before taking it apart. The intake I want to buy was for a 2014 Legacy and I knows you said yours was for a 2015. Do you think there will be any difference between the 2014 and 2015? I'm skeptical that it will fit my 2016.