LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the defroster vent pod available for a single guage yet?

Would love to hear an update as well. Can't wait to see it finished! I demoed an early version and it was pretty darn close.

I haven't heard from Kred for a while. Last we talked he was working on finals I think. I'll look into it. It was very close to complete just needs a few tweaks.

I worked on the PVR and HRS solar array panels of the space station. We made an extra, replacement part, for each since there is hyper velocity space trash which can hit the panels.

http://singularityhub.com/2014/09/24/3d-printer-delivered-to-space-station-launches-new-era-of-space-manufacturing/

Edited by trianafrank

Frikkin' awesome thread and good work@ Discojon.

Could you print me a replacement rear cupholder for my 2005 OB wagon? I can send the part if you need it, the little clip on the left hand side broke off of mine and I can't seem to locate just the cupholder (NO way am I spending $350 on a new center console for just the cupholder).

I'm also interested in buying some of your drs pieces to ship together if this is possible.

Frikkin' awesome thread and good work@ Discojon.

Could you print me a replacement rear cupholder for my 2005 OB wagon? I can send the part if you need it, the little clip on the left hand side broke off of mine and I can't seem to locate just the cupholder (NO way am I spending $350 on a new center console for just the cupholder).

I'm also interested in buying some of your drs pieces to ship together if this is possible.

Possibly on the cupholder. Send me some photos of where its broke. The one on my wagon is actually broke also.

Edited by discojon

Anybody try printing a JDM double din yet? Surprised this isn't a bigger question seeing as though the only options right now are ~$300. I would buy the living shit out of one if it can be done for even half that price.

I think the issue is the amount of work to modify your current radio/hvac ecb to get everything to work, rather than designing the appropriate panel. You need to have some pretty good solder skills, cut the ecb just right, and then find room for it all in the dash.

300 is an alright deal for plug and play.

But as was said above, the project has been discussed and is in the preverbial qeue

Sent from my XT1028

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Hi everybody. I'm looking to get a plastic interior part 3D scanned, slightly modified and then 3D printed. I've reached out to a local company I found via https://www.3dhubs.com/ but they want over $1k to do this which I thought was a little much.

Anyone have any recommendations or care to comment on what a reasonable price would be for this kind of work?

IMG_6340.thumb.JPG.20785faaa3f1c11f7c3ce11f20486e79.JPG

IMG_6341.thumb.JPG.f8b54f6396ccfecbf36a509aac8bb03b.JPG

IMG_6342.thumb.JPG.8dfe24556dcd962ee4f572597325ccdd.JPG

What is it? Is it a JDM part for the LGT?

Honestly, it's a factory part. You'll waste your time scanning and 3D printing it. The factory part will be better, stronger, and be within spec.

EDIT: Buy one if this is the right part: http://parts.subaru.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=49311283&ukey_assembly=6022950&ukey_make=5806&ukey_model=0&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

Edited by compsurge