LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

Just wondering whatever happened with this? Was there ever a file shared for this gauge pod?

We made a few and sold them. HMU if you’re interested in getting one though.

Unfortunately, this file was not released to the public and there are no plans to release it either.

sorry man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering whatever happened with this? Was there ever a file shared for this gauge pod?
It should be pretty easy to design a pod that bolts to the original vent in some manner, unfortunately I dont have any gauges nor any dimensions

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

AlexShu - I just PM'd you for a potential part development.

If anyone else can help, I have a not so pretty bracket that supports my FPR which is mounted to the intake manifold. It's basic bracket using two pieces of bent aluminum that's been drilled and riveted. I'd like to explore printing a piece that allows a bit of adjustment and ease of removal.

See photos for reference on location. I don't have a photo of the bracket itself but I can send takeoffs of dimensions needed if I get some help designing and printing the part.

502386512_ImagefromiOS(116).thumb.jpg.9d1370fb93e15487ae257fc47c1476ad.jpg

404439604_ImagefromiOS(117).thumb.jpg.11ef6adc2aae814607275f259b65afab.jpg

It should be pretty easy to design a pod that bolts to the original vent in some manner, unfortunately I dont have any gauges nor any dimensions

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

The material around the vent is pretty slim. I wouldn’t trust the weight of a gauge+pod on the outer rim. You could do one but it wouldn’t look good at all IMO. On the one I’m working on I’m at max 2 due to weight. If you look at the ones made by LAM (Legace additive manufacturing) the base pod is in the center with two on the outer edge. He’s got sizeable attachments on either side to help hold in place and support it. His base is completely different though, which I’m not a fan of. That’s just me.

AlexShu - I just PM'd you for a potential part development.

If anyone else can help, I have a not so pretty bracket that supports my FPR which is mounted to the intake manifold. It's basic bracket using two pieces of bent aluminum that's been drilled and riveted. I'd like to explore printing a piece that allows a bit of adjustment and ease of removal.

See photos for reference on location. I don't have a photo of the bracket itself but I can send takeoffs of dimensions needed if I get some help designing and printing the part.

I’d you’re going to make a 3D model to print, why not just make an anodized aluminum bracket instead? I get that printing would be cheaper and I’m sure under hood temps on that side probably wouldn’t be enough to deform ABS (as long as there’s enough material in/on it so it’s not flimsy) but if it were me I’d rather have metal under the hood. My $0.02.

I’d you’re going to make a 3D model to print, why not just make an anodized aluminum bracket instead? I get that printing would be cheaper and I’m sure under hood temps on that side probably wouldn’t be enough to deform ABS (as long as there’s enough material in/on it so it’s not flimsy) but if it were me I’d rather have metal under the hood. My $0.02.

The intent is to develop a printed part before moving to an aluminum bracket. I figure the cost to print one is much less than to use aluminum plate stock (which I already have). I'm accounting for revisions too before finalizing and getting the part made with aluminum to survive inside the engine bay. So you're right, I agree with you. You're just a few steps ahead of me. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Bringing this topic into 2023. 

I'm in need of a dual gauge pod for the cubby on my 06. I have found a couple options on eBay but they are from over seas and just not worth the money. I have access to a 3D printer and plan to design my own. 

Before I spend the time and resources to do so, can anyone point me to a download link of one that is still current? 

If not, I will be making my design available for download. Also if anyone wants one shipped, I will be happy to do that.