LegacyGT.com

Who's in VT?

ripstik

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Potential mini-meet shaping up THIS SUNDAY (2/22) in Brattleboro VT between ScoobyRuGT and myself... Thinking mid-afternoonish (exact time TBD). He wants to check out some of the mods I've done to my car as he's headed in a similar direction. If anyone else is in the area and wants to meet up for some car talk, maybe a quick drive on Rt9 over the mountain to Wilmington and back, perhaps grab a beer... speak up and let us know!

Would love to, but heating season and the new house is cutting into my fun money...lol Sounds like fun though. Plus it's been way to cold to wash my car and it's absolutely covered in salt and road brine because I drive 100% interstate.

Would love to, but heating season and the new house is cutting into my fun money...lol Sounds like fun though. Plus it's been way to cold to wash my car and it's absolutely covered in salt and road brine because I drive 100% interstate.

I know exactly what you mean about the salt and dirt build up. I washed mine the other day though, I'd rather have cold frozen water on my car than all the crap. For some reason my garage which isn't heated manages to stay above freezing and melted the ice anyway. There's already more stuff on it but at least you can tell it's a black car at the moment haha. :cool:

Potential mini-meet shaping up THIS SUNDAY (2/22) in Brattleboro VT between ScoobyRuGT and myself... Thinking mid-afternoonish (exact time TBD). He wants to check out some of the mods I've done to my car as he's headed in a similar direction. If anyone else is in the area and wants to meet up for some car talk, maybe a quick drive on Rt9 over the mountain to Wilmington and back, perhaps grab a beer... speak up and let us know!

I'm glad this thread is finally going the way i intended. wish i could make it but that snow is too good to worry about anything else right now... plus brattleboro is the furthest place in VT from me hahaha

Unless it rains between now and then, I guarantee mine will be dirtier than yours! lol. Keeping a black car clean is an exercise in futility!

be careful what you wish for pfoyle. Its supposed to be pretty warm and snowy on Sunday. Its likely that southern, VT will see some rain, of the freezing variety

Ugh, that sucks... I definitely am NOT wishing for that! But luckily I'm skiing Saturday... however that could put a damper on a spirited drive over the mountain... :(

waitsfield to go over Rt 17 gap :spin::spin:

TTHHHIISSS!!! it would be so awesome to run train on the app gap. do a little photo shoot in the lot at the top. sounds like an awesome day to me... hell we could even go for a little hike hahahaha

TTHHHIISSS!!! it would be so awesome to run train on the app gap. do a little photo shoot in the lot at the top. sounds like an awesome day to me... hell we could even go for a little hike hahahaha

Mmmm... running trains on gaps...

Meet up with pfoyle was great. I really enjoyed driving his car but was a little cautious with the wet roads. I'm really looking forward to doing more work to my car and it was nice to compare our cars. His set up has me questioning if I should get rid of my lightweight flywheel, shifting in his car was so smooth. Much to learn and do with my car.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/jonathanwhelan/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-02-22%2016.13.36_zps8auhcswx.jpg

Meet up with pfoyle was great. I really enjoyed driving his car but was a little cautious with the wet roads. I'm really looking forward to doing more work to my car and it was nice to compare our cars. His set up has me questioning if I should get rid of my lightweight flywheel, shifting in his car was so smooth. Much to learn and do with my car.

Nice meeting up with you and your girl too Scooby! Was kind of beat after 2 days of skiing, but hope you enjoyed the diner for dinner... how was it? Always glad to meet up with another 5th Gen owner. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. And I think I'll be back up in VT around the 21st/22nd of March, so can always meet up again if need be. Hope everything works out for you... I'm sure things will turn around for you soon! And free up some more $$ for the important things... like car mods! See you around.

Nice meeting up with you and your girl too Scooby! Was kind of beat after 2 days of skiing, but hope you enjoyed the diner for dinner... how was it? Always glad to meet up with another 5th Gen owner. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. And I think I'll be back up in VT around the 21st/22nd of March, so can always meet up again if need be. Hope everything works out for you... I'm sure things will turn around for you soon! And free up some more $$ for the important things... like car mods! See you around.

We ended up not going to the diner, instead we went to Whetstone station restaurant and brewery which was pretty nice. They have their own "nano brewery" and from what I read they make new/different beers every 10 days. I had a sirloin and she had a burger, both were cooked as we asked and were great! Hopefully your ride home wasn't to bad, definitely look forward to meeting up again in the future and meeting other people in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By the way pfoyle, what you consider dirty made me ashamed at how dirty my car was lol. Stopped at the car was on the way home! Then washed our other two cars hahaha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it got a snow wash on Saturday night! 8-10" of fresh powder covering most of the car, so it took some of the salt/dirt with it when I brushed it off Sunday morning! I promise it was dirtier than that before the snowstorm! :lol:

If anyone's ever up in the NEK let me know. I'm always down for a meet! Except my car this week is actually down. I know almost every road/dirt road/trail from St. Johnsbury to Canada. Some epic driving roads!

Hey me too. Grew up in St. J have always had a subi for the past 17 years. yes tones of sweet roads around that area! Im in Montpelier now, just moved last fall... I get over there quite a bit tho we should meet up sometime.

John

Archived