LegacyGT.com

Who's in VT?

ripstik

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
solid -15 on my dash in Burlington my thermometer tends to read high when below 10 degrees tho

I sometimes wonder about this. I know the temperature will climb once the car is started and begins to warm up, most likely because heat from the engine bay is reaching the thermometer sensor.

My house thermometer indicated -2 here in MA, and my car showed -1 at start-up. So I think it's pretty close. By the time I got in my car, the temp had "climbed" to +1, but I think that's the engine's fault and not the thermometer.

My house thermometer indicated -2 here in MA, and my car showed -1 at start-up. So I think it's pretty close. By the time I got in my car, the temp had "climbed" to +1, but I think that's the engine's fault and not the thermometer.

it'll cool right back down once you get moving tho. honestly the electronics on my car are pretty screwy and always have been so i wouldn't doubt its just a problem with my car. i was having some weird shorting issue that was blowing my sill illum kit and puddle lights and my ambient light sensor is blown for the third time right now it causes all sorts of issues with the GPS erasing itself and sometimes it just won't turn on.

-11 as well here in Greater Burlington thanks to the lake. I've seen -20 in WRJ and Montpelier and it must have been worse in the Kingdom.

lowest i've ever seen on my dash was -19 weather report said it was -25 and i felt like 43 kelvin out. that was in Waitsfield, they have some crazy cold mornings in that valley

lowest i've ever seen on my dash was -19 weather report said it was -25 and i felt like 43 kelvin out. that was in Waitsfield, they have some crazy cold mornings in that valley

yeah very cold morning over in the valley, drove the winter beater that day so didnt the temp out

In Waterbury there's Snowfire Auto, who's been fixing Subies for at least 30 years. Over my way in Colchester, Partner Tire has always done well by me during my 13 years of Subie ownership.

There's also a place in North Ferrisburgh and one in New Haven that sell/repair lots of Subies. Actually, it'd be hard to find a VT shop that has no Subie experience given how many of them are on our roads.

I do my repairs with the help of my buddy, I won't plug his shop, as he specializes in Non-Turbo'd Subies. But a "good" (as far as I know) Subaru shop in Central VT is "The Source" in Montpelier, VT. They have a SSM tool and Subaru trained techs, and they cost less than the local dealer, Twin City Subaru and have access to salvage parts from cars they hand pick and strip. Also, the guys at Utton's Automotive in Montpelier are Subaru Enthusiats, and are very friendly from my exhaust work dealings. They know Subaru's, but I do not know if they are any good with Turbos either.

Other than that, I agree with Captain Ned, as most shops in VT should be able to handle any basic Subaru Repair.

I do my repairs with the help of my buddy, I won't plug his shop, as he specializes in Non-Turbo'd Subies. But a "good" (as far as I know) Subaru shop in Central VT is "The Source" in Montpelier, VT. They have a SSM tool and Subaru trained techs, and they cost less than the local dealer, Twin City Subaru and have access to salvage parts from cars they hand pick and strip. Also, the guys at Utton's Automotive in Montpelier are Subaru Enthusiats, and are very friendly from my exhaust work dealings. They know Subaru's, but I do not know if they are any good with Turbos either.

Other than that, I agree with Captain Ned, as most shops in VT should be able to handle any basic Subaru Repair.

how you liking the 2015 WRX? Been thinking of selling the LGT an upgrading to the new wrx

I love it. More room than the LGT, more power than a Stage 1 tune, and you can run 87 Octane in it because of the direct injection and get 31 MPG highway. Also, you can upgrade the radio... Lol . Only issue is the ground clearance. The turbo sits at the bottom of the engine behind the radiator, so there is a skid plate there to protect it. Already found it once going through some really big potholes at the end of a driveway.

On a side note, doing my first OCI today, looks stupid easy, as the filter is on top of the engine, and there is a hole for the oil drain in the skid plate.

I got the Base model, I can't fit in the others as I hit my head on the sunroof because I'm 6'4"... BTW, oil change was super easy, didn't really even need to jack the car up (I did anyways to make it easier). Just pull the plug and let it drain. Takes a little more than 5.2 quarts though, got to buy another quart to top it off.

I love it. More room than the LGT, more power than a Stage 1 tune, and you can run 87 Octane in it because of the direct injection and get 31 MPG highway.

is there really more room? or does it just feel that way from the drivers seat.?

also what boost is your car running that it has more power out of the same size engine but some how doesn't need even 91 oct gas when a base tune suggests 93 oct and says that 91 is passable.

is there really more room? or does it just feel that way from the drivers seat.?

also what boost is your car running that it has more power out of the same size engine but some how doesn't need even 91 oct gas when a base tune suggests 93 oct and says that 91 is passable.

I haven't sat in one, but I doubt there's more room than our 5th gens.

I haven't sat in one, but I doubt there's more room than our 5th gens.

yea i haven't sat in many more roomy sedans. my brother G8 is almost exactly the same size. my moms G37x is about half the size from the inside. the A6 is probably the only sedan I've been in that felt more open than my LGT and i've never been in an A8 or A8L but I'm sure they are straight swank on the interior.

2015 WRX is a 2.0L Direct injection H4. 91 is Recommended, but 87 is safe per the owners manual and my Subaru service department. Peak boost is about 16 psi on the stock tune. It makes 268HP stock, and you've got to remember I'm coming from a 2005 Stock 4th Gen LGT (250 HP pre-HP rating switch, so probably closer to 230ish?), so it is in all dimensions, except overall length, as big as or bigger than my old LGT. I definitely have more head, leg, and shoulder room. I'm sure your 5th Gen LGTs are bigger.

...also what boost is your car running that it has more power out of the same size engine but some how doesn't need even 91 oct gas when a base tune suggests 93 oct and says that 91 is passable.

The octane rating in fuel is not an example of the power content of the fuel, but of the antiknock rating. 93 Octane is recommended in 2.5L EJ25s, as they are a traditional turbocharged multiport fuel injection engine and experience knock under high load/high boost pressures because the fuel is compressed with the intake charge air. The direct injection of the FA20 has the injector inside of the combustion chamber, and allows the fuel to be injected at the top of the compression stroke, which reduces/eliminates knock and the need for higher octane fuel. The FA20 has a higher CR than then the EJ25 as well.

That's the extent of my knowledge, but I will admit I'm no expert... lol My forte is numbers.

Archived