LegacyGT.com

Who's in VT?

ripstik

Bought some nice 18in enkei vr5 off craigslist about month an a half ago. Good tires an all. Went to go put them on the car an they don't fit. The little shit told me they were 5x100 but I beleive they are 5x114.3 for the STi's. Told me he worked for Berlin subaru. Question is do I try an go find him or just resell them. I beleive I still got his email an phone number

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about a meet in July? I'd like to take a trip up to the radar base in East Haven, 15 or so from Lyndonville. Plus time to get up to it. Its an old air force base on top of a mountain. Fun road getting up. If you're 100% slammed I'd sit this one out. Slight drop you'd be fine. Really decent paved road getting up to it. Its in the absolute middle of no where. Awesome photo opportunities and its always an adventure. We could do lunch a TacoBell then jaunt over and finish with beers at Burke MT/Tamarack Grill.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ibdf6a.jpg

Either late June or later July. After WBM and July 4th activities. Actual time can be later discussed once work scheduals are figured out, I work for myself so I am free whenever. You can venture inside the buildings and such. Do watch your step, people have died messing around. Views are spectacular 360 degree. Some say its haunted and there has been "confirmed" alien sightings from the USAF. Very cool place.

More information and pictures:

http://www.scenicnh.com/blog/2013/04/lyndonville-air-force-station-east-haven-vermont/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndonville_Air_Force_Station

Later on we should make a poll for the dates. In all reality we have the whole summer to plan, July is a suggestion. Fall foliage time is also a good one.

I'd be into having a monthly LGTofVT meet. the more the better in my opinion

Bought some nice 18in enkei vr5 off craigslist about month an a half ago. Good tires an all. Went to go put them on the car an they don't fit. The little shit told me they were 5x100 but I beleive they are 5x114.3 for the STi's. Told me he worked for Berlin subaru. Question is do I try an go find him or just resell them. I beleive I still got his email an phone number

If I had money and 18" tires, I'd buy them from you for my WRX. Sorry to hear you got screwed... I hope the seller makes it right.

As for the meet, never been to one, but would be up for it, if you guys don't mind a WRX hanging out with your LGTs... lol

I'd be into having a monthly LGTofVT meet. the more the better in my opinion

This sounds like a good idea. There's quite a few places I think are perfect meet areas. Radar base, the pass from Stowe over to smuggs whatever the name is, route 9 and 100 cruise. Maybe even next winter parking garage meets and lake meets. Perhaps even spread the word out on other forums for all Subaru's as there really isn't any active Subaru meets that I've found.

there really isn't any active Subaru meets that I've found.

THIS! how is i possible in a state with so many Subaru's to have so few enthusiasts? let us lead the charge towards Subaru (and car) ethusiasm in VT

THIS! how is i possible in a state with so many Subaru's to have so few enthusiasts? let us lead the charge towards Subaru (and car) ethusiasm in VT

That's how I feel. Just in my town alone I know half a dozen modified WRX and STIs. Not counting those who are just exhausts. One LGT but quite a few stock ones. I am a member of 802Subaru, Newenglandsubarus, NASIOC, Subaru outback and a few random ones. It seems no one has really put the effort in. I don't sew why we can't have 100+ cars in a monthly meet in the summer, winter expect half. We need to set up a cruise to WBM also. I figured gather in White River and Brattleboro, that can be discussed later. I haven't even bought my ticket. I will say however, I will take a firm stand on those who are disrespectful at meets.

Spotted what looked like a black 5th Gen LGT on Miller Road in Barre Town/Berlin (On my commute between my house and Exit 6 on I-89). I waved, but the person behind the wheel didn't even look at me... Oh well.

Was not this guy, but I do travels up and down 89 A LOT! Usually from the beginning to exit 12, sometimes I take exit 9 though 😜k

where are you going that you can get off at either 12 or 9?

spotted, about 20 minutes ago, younger lookin dude driving a (looked to be) black 5th gen GT on main street just passed prospect st in Burlington. i tossed the peace sign out to you from my DIP 5th gen GT. looked like you saw me but too late to return the gesture.

Saw the Black 5th Gen LGT again, it's a younger guy driving it. Maybe they'll be a new member? I have never seen this car around the Barre Area.

Maybe he bought the one I traded in fit my new one! That's be crazy...

Archived