LegacyGT.com

Who's in VT?

ripstik

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah not this time around. Are you?

IDK I did it last time and it was a lot of fun but some idiot blew up his car while doing charity laps (Which they shouldn't have been doing during our time on the track. i don't see why they couldn't just schedule in between sessions not in the middle of one) and it forced me to stay in the middle of the track during the entire meet. i didn't get to do anything and didn't even get 6 laps around the track so i was a bit upset. my friend I'm going with is doing it again tho so i probably will and I'll just cross my fingers that doesn't happen again.

usually sccv has a first timer clinic their first autocross of the season.

I joined sccv (the forum anyway) but I have been struggling to stay in the lop of when events/meeting are because i don't use Facebook and i think thats where most of their info is. do i need to pay anything? whats the deal?

sccv has a novice class for people that dont do it that often. They also hold events at devils bowl. When I hear more of the autoX schedule Ill post it up for you guys. My first autoX with them was awesome. When your not driving your out on the course picking cones up and putting them back when people hit them. Pretty simple

HELLO VERMONSTERS! South Florida Native, college student at Norwich University, and Lacrosse Coach at Colchester High School. I have a '00 Outback that has been loved from day 1 (82k Original on the clock) and looking for many more great years from it. Currently running 225/45/17 XXR 527s, and looking for help with some coilovers. Currently have a pair of Tein Coilovers for a LGT, but they need a rebuild and then will be good to go onto the car. If someone knows anybody in Vermont/NY/NH that can do a coilover rebuild let me know, I have been searching for a little over a month now and got nothing. Here is a picture of the car... Look forward to meeting you guys.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/13/d51938d2167b68b524b84953169ec875.jpg

... Look forward to meeting you guys.

welcome SoFlo.

your going on the list.

probably won't help you much since its so far from you but i work next to a place named Bailey springs in Essex jct. I haven't had anything done there but I've seen the work they do (they mostly do trucks, construction vehicles that kind of thing) and all the reviews I've see are good

welcome SoFlo.

your going on the list.

probably won't help you much since its so far from you but i work next to a place named Bailey springs in Essex jct. I haven't had anything done there but I've seen the work they do (they mostly do trucks, construction vehicles that kind of thing) and all the reviews I've see are good

Its worth a stop by and asking. Its been over a month of searching and I really want to get it done and ready for this summer. Like I said, I am a lacrosse coach at Colchester High School, so commuting is nothing to me, and neither is the drive to Essex. I was also going to ask the guys at 802Performance to see if they have any insight on the subject too.

I read that you guys wanna do some meets. Lets do a cars and coffee thing on Sundays or Saturdays. Meet up in the streets of Montpelier or take over Church Street. Lets do something soon!

Also, I am a part of Palm Beach Subies down near my home in FL. The admins have created "Cards" about the size of an index card that says "You have been tagged, request to join Palm Beach Subies on Facebook and come to are weekly meets." We should do something like that Start a "Subies of VT" and start "carding" cars that we see in parking lots, expand our reach for meets.

welcome SoFlo.

your going on the list.

You also may want to check with McLoeds Spring and Chassis in Barre. Also, there is an active Oval Race track in Barre - Thunder Road International Speedbowl. I would bet someone in Barre/Burlington areas rebuilds shocks. Can't imagine the ACT tour cars are just buying and replacing theirs, but maybe.

Also there's an active race community down ScoobyRuGT's way in Claremont, NH.

Welcome to VT

You also may want to check with McLoeds Spring and Chassis in Barre. Also, there is an active Oval Race track in Barre - Thunder Road International Speedbowl. I would bet someone in Barre/Burlington areas rebuilds shocks. Can't imagine the ACT tour cars are just buying and replacing theirs, but maybe.

Also there's an active race community down ScoobyRuGT's way in Claremont, NH.

Welcome to VT

It's so close. I may give that a try on Thursday. Hopefully they can point me in the right direction. I was just reading a thing that says Tein Coilovers are only serviceable by Tein. I am hoping that's not true, I do think want to have to pay to ship these suckers.

It's so close. I may give that a try on Thursday. Hopefully they can point me in the right direction. I was just reading a thing that says Tein Coilovers are only serviceable by Tein. I am hoping that's not true, I do think want to have to pay to ship these suckers.

They're very friendly at McLoeds. The owner is probably who you will speak to there at the counter. His name is Brian Bailey, and he has a very good understanding of all things spring and chassis related. He's been doing it a long time. I know they rebuild/rework/re-bend and make custom springs, but I guess you'll see if he does shocks too.

Also, I am a part of Palm Beach Subies down near my home in FL. The admins have created "Cards" about the size of an index card that says "You have been tagged, request to join Palm Beach Subies on Facebook and come to are weekly meets." We should do something like that Start a "Subies of VT" and start "carding" cars that we see in parking lots, expand our reach for meets.

As much as i hate having things put on my windshield this sounds like a great idea. i would love to get a cars and coffee type weekly or monthly meet going. that was the whole point in me starting the thread. that and install days

They're very friendly at McLoeds. The owner is probably who you will speak to there at the counter. His name is Brian Bailey, and he has a very good understanding of all things spring and chassis related. He's been doing it a long time. I know they rebuild/rework/re-bend and make custom springs, but I guess you'll see if he does shocks too.

I'm gonna swing by as soon as I can. I'm sure he can help me, or at least point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

As much as i hate having things put on my windshield this sounds like a great idea. i would love to get a cars and coffee type weekly or monthly meet going. that was the whole point in me starting the thread. that and install days

It can all be done pretty quick. If we can endorsement from a local coffee shop, say Skinny Pancake, we can literally say, if you cover the cost of making these cards (something like $50 for 500) then we will bring all the business to you weekly/biweekly/monthly etc. It will be a great pay back if we do it with a local place. Always support local

Just created a Facebook Group called "802 Subarus" - https://www.facebook.com/groups/802subarus/ - It will be much faster to set things up from there, and we can always have "new members" come through on the facebook to eventually have them be added to the legacygt forum. I would love to have a meet before I leave for summer, even if it is a quick cars and coffee. Give it an add and lets make this a reality.

@%1;Ripstick, you started the thread, you started the idea, you deserve to be an admin on the facebook group.

Lets do it up!

Just created a Facebook Group called "802 Subarus" - https://www.facebook.com/groups/802subarus/ - It will be much faster to set things up from there, and we can always have "new members" come through on the facebook to eventually have them be added to the legacygt forum. I would love to have a meet before I leave for summer, even if it is a quick cars and coffee. Give it an add and lets make this a reality.

@%1;Ripstick, you started the thread, you started the idea, you deserve to be an admin on the facebook group.

Lets do it up!

I'm glad your being so active about this, i won't be able to add myself to it till after work since facebook is blocked but this is starting to get exciting.

I'm glad your being so active about this, i won't be able to add myself to it till after work since facebook is blocked but this is starting to get exciting.

I enjoy taking like minds and putting them together. I think we all want to do some sort of meet, I think we all would have fun with this, and there is nothing wrong with having some new friends that share a tight passion together. LGT, OB, WRX, STI, Fozz, turbo or non turbo, even hybrid too; to me it doesn't matter because it is one community, and I would love to see 30+ gorgeous Subies taking over the streets of Montpelier or dominating Church Street.

It would be absolutely amazing if we could all park on church street but that has a snowballs chance in hell of happening, that would be a lot of hoops to jump through and the town would likely see it as way to risky to have random people driving (even for short moments) on a walking only street, but that's an awesome goal to have once we have something more established and if we can prove these will go down without shenanigans. taking over a lot on the waterfront would be much more likely

It would be absolutely amazing if we could all park on church street but that has a snowballs chance in hell of happening, that would be a lot of hoops to jump through and the town would likely see it as way to risky to have random people driving (even for short moments) on a walking only street, but that's an awesome goal to have once we have something more established and if we can prove these will go down without shenanigans. taking over a lot on the waterfront would be much more likely

In NJ they do "Dubs on the Beach" which is when they have all VWs come onto the Jersey Boardwalk, a people only area, and do a car show, Being that Vermont is Subaru Heaven, Im sure a year or two from now we could make this a reality.

Archived