• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have no idea what to get my dad.

Wash his car. Mow the lawn. Etc.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

No plans to ever sell the car. I hope to have 500k miles on it or more before my kids take away my drivers license somewhere around 2060 when I am really old. Lol!

With regard to my build thread, I should have started it almost 2 years ago when I bought the car, but in some ways glad I didn't. Im a little OCD when it comes to organization, ergo the by-month posts, so I am setting it up a little more like a clear, concise, chronological history of my mod path with easy to find info. Im not looking for a lot of open discussion in the thread like so many other build threads, but more like a place that members can go to see how I have transformed the car over my years of ownership without having to pour through 45 pages of banter to find useful info. If you like what I have posted, please "thank" the posts so I know if it has been helpful to you. And please subscribe, so you can be notified of the continuing process and updates.

Edited by GTEASER

If you like what I have posted, please "thank" the posts so I know if it has been helpful to you.

Done. I especially liked the posts that were brief. :hide:

On a more serious note, I do like most of the things you've done and would have to strongly consider doing them, especially the aux fuse box.

....especially the aux fuse box.

I will be adding a few more gauges, aftermarket DRL's and a backup camera and moniter very shortly here. It should make wiring those things up a lot simpler and faster. I still to this day have not cut or spliced into a single factory wire. Even with the quad brake light mod (details of which I will post up soon).

Wash his car. Mow the lawn. Etc.

both ok idea's except i don't live at home... plus I'm stealing his car for the summer (so i can tow my boat around), and they don't have a lawn mower because it would probably take one person 4 hours to mow their lawn. so im pretty stuck here. i may just but him a really nice head lamp. one with the battery pack on the back of the strap so it's evenly weighted. he has this strange fascination with buying 2, 3, and 4 packs of the super cheap ones all the time so who knows maybe he'll like that. not that he'll ever actually use it because he doesn't like camping. "man has been working thousands of years to get inside, and now that we've finally got it down you want me to go spend my whole weekend outside? in the elements" classic Poppa C

both ok idea's except i don't live at home... plus I'm stealing his car for the summer (so i can tow my boat around), and they don't have a lawn mower because it would probably take one person 4 hours to mow their lawn. so im pretty stuck here. i may just but him a really nice head lamp. one with the battery pack on the back of the strap so it's evenly weighted. he has this strange fascination with buying 2, 3, and 4 packs of the super cheap ones all the time so who knows maybe he'll like that. not that he'll ever actually use it because he doesn't like camping. "man has been working thousands of years to get inside, and now that we've finally got it down you want me to go spend my whole weekend outside? in the elements" classic Poppa C

One year, 1997, I gave my step dad pants, polo shirt, belt and shoes. He was very happy.

Knowing his size made it easy and it became his favorite outfit.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

thats a thought Fred. the shoes won't fly because he only wears boat shoes of one style. but maybe i could find him a funny t shirt or a swimsuit. my dad is his own boss so he doesn't dress up much. i should probably get him some whiskey, at least i know that will get used, but that always pisses off my mom

No plans to ever sell the car. I hope to have 500k miles on it or more before my kids take away my drivers license somewhere around 2060 when I am really old. Lol!

With regard to my build thread, I should have started it almost 2 years ago when I bought the car, but in some ways glad I didn't. Im a little OCD when it comes to organization, ergo the by-month posts, so I am setting it up a little more like a clear, concise, chronological history of my mod path with easy to find info. Im not looking for a lot of open discussion in the thread like so many other build threads, but more like a place that members can go to see how I have transformed the car over my years of ownership without having to pour through 45 pages of banter to find useful info. If you like what I have posted, please "thank" the posts so I know if it has been helpful to you. And please subscribe, so you can be notified of the continuing process and updates.

I think this is great!! It would make an awesome sticky thread where new members are able to come and see all of the stuff you've done, without

having to sift through all of the random comments in the thread. Plus your organization would be very helpful for a DIY job.

Perfect early Father's Day - kid camp home unexpectedly from her summer job for a night. She and dad are in the library playing trumpet duets (she's a cellist and picked up trumpet this year). I'm SURE it is making his night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:) Cute boy used to be pretty damn good and probably could be again - kid, not so much, though it's awesome that she's trying. Have I mentioned how proud of her I am? They are working on Taps now. So beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Had these visitors yesterday morning. Jersey isn't just landfills and smokestacks ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/15/ydemyju6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/15/a2y4yha8.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/15/y8etujap.jpg

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Edited by RailKill

I miss a proper manual transmission. I am at peace with all its other parts.