**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did a 0-60 in 6.66 seconds with the AC - on, traction control - off, and not a launch control full throttle this morning. Will have to try it again without the AC and full throttle.

Not bad for a 3.6R I think...

Add: intake, exhaust, and tune.

Do: 5 seconds flat

;)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Add: intake, exhaust, and tune.

Do: 5 seconds flat

;)

Have intake and tune. stock exhaust though. And will test again without the AC on as I know that takes away as one of the previous test tunes were showing 10 seconds speeds with the AC on...at first I was like WTF you're making my car slower than I realized I was awfully cool for a 90 degree day and tested again and it was back down to 7 -7.1 seconds.

Since Raptor says they only make the 3.6r a 5.5 second 0-60 with tune, I don't see my intake alone getting me anywhere close to that.

Have intake and tune. stock exhaust though. And will test again without the AC on as I know that takes away as one of the previous test tunes were showing 10 seconds speeds with the AC on...at first I was like WTF you're making my car slower than I realized I was awfully cool for a 90 degree day and tested again and it was back down to 7 -7.1 seconds.

Since Raptor says they only make the 3.6r a 5.5 second 0-60 with tune, I don't see my intake alone getting me anywhere close to that.

If you are at least a 91 tune with an intake, you should be under 6 seconds.

Did Raptor use a completely stock 3.6R, add headers and a tune? What octane? What conditions?

I've had several ~5 second runs but they were all at 70 or less degrees.

Don't fuss too much about the 0-60 because the car peters out near the top of third gear.

There is nothing that will make you feel better about your car than having a guy point you by in an expensive sports car at the track. I look at my car a lot differently than I did a month ago.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

good luck bud. where do you go? I've always wanted to do some salmon fishing.

let me know how much shipping is to get me some freshness ahhahaha.

I go near a town called Riggins, ID. The "main" as they call it is the Big Salmon river which breaks off to the Little Salmon River. Right where they meet is where nearly 80'90% of the fish go so considering the main is 50-100+ yards at times and then bottlenecks to maybe 10-20yards, it's a cluster **** of fish. You loose a TON of tackle because you're basically fishing class 2rapids. I didn't catch anything, shockingly, but my caught 2 over 30inchs. You're only allowed to keep 2 over 24in. Anything less called "jacks", basically a juvenile, you can keep as many as you want. And sorry I can't share, didn't get anything to shore :( . Netted several for people and have my bumps and brushing from falling but that's about it. Still a blast though, I'm going again next week.

If you are at least a 91 tune with an intake, you should be under 6 seconds.

Did Raptor use a completely stock 3.6R, add headers and a tune? What octane? What conditions?

I've had several ~5 second runs but they were all at 70 or less degrees.

Yeah I tuned with 92-93 depending on the station that I filled up at. As for where Raptor's getting their numbers I have no clue...and they may not have gotten numbers since ItalianLegacy probably hasn't been tuned yet...oh and it looks like the page got updated it's now sub 5.5 0-100kph.

So does anyone think we could get them to do a group buy at 25% off :D actually not sure I'd want to spend even that much on it just yet since I have the 100k warranty and taking that out probably isn't as simple as my current setup.

who your son? wife? daughter?

hopefully someone in the fam so you at least got to have a nice fresh salmon dinner.

Sorry i meant My pet dragon did. Lol....it was one of my best friends.

Yeah I tuned with 92-93 depending on the station that I filled up at. As for where Raptor's getting their numbers I have no clue...and they may not have gotten numbers since ItalianLegacy probably hasn't been tuned yet...oh and it looks like the page got updated it's now sub 5.5 0-100kph.

So does anyone think we could get them to do a group buy at 25% off :D actually not sure I'd want to spend even that much on it just yet since I have the 100k warranty and taking that out probably isn't as simple as my current setup.

I just looked at the raptor site. That sub 5.5 second 0-100kph is quoted with the supercharger. That is insanely slow for a supercharged 3.6R.

I will accept sub 4.5 second 0-100kph with 40% increase over stock HP.

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/subaru9.html

Sorry guys...I don't want to thread jack a "random thoughts" thread with a technical discussion.

In keeping with the random thoughts...

...I wonder if I should buy ice cream on the way home. I've been eating a lot lately, but my weight has remained constant. There is just the strange look from the wife when I go for ice cream at 10pm.

Edited by fredrik94087

I just looked at the raptor site. That sub 5.5 second 0-100kph is quoted with the supercharger. That is insanely slow for a supercharged 3.6R.

I will accept sub 4.5 second 0-100kph with 40% increase over stock HP.

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/subaru9.html

Not being a car guy I had no idea what to expect. I'd owned three civics prior to this car and all had been automatics. every time I asked about upgrades on them everyone said it wasn't worth it you don't have a manual. So they never got modded. Finally with this 3.6 and people are starting to mod it so I can do upgrades and feel like I'm not venturing out into uncharted territory with no guidance or people to lean on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom died at 49, 16 years ago tomorrow. Cancer sucks. Hold your loved ones tightly. Cheers to mom!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry for your loss.

What an awesome day this is already.

Its Friday

Rode with a 5th Gen LGT this morning for about 15 minutes on the highway on the way to work. Last 3 of the plate was RZA, show yourself. Lol

My offer was accepted on my new house. Ironically two houses up from the one my sister and I just sold.

Shit what else, maybe I should ask for a raise at work too. Lol

...I wonder if I should buy ice cream on the way home. I've been eating a lot lately, but my weight has remained constant. There is just the strange look from the wife when I go for ice cream at 10pm.

I make sure to keep some ice cream in the freezer at the times. It's really the only dessert or treat that I allow myself to partake of. I never eat dessert when out at restaurants or at parties (well, occasionally cake, but just a little). I usually have a small bowl 3-4 nights a week. Plus, the doggie likes to lick the bowl and I love to see her excitement when I dish some up. And I avoid chocolate ice creams specifically so that the doggie can have a taste.

What an awesome day this is already.

Its Friday

Rode with a 5th Gen LGT this morning for about 15 minutes on the highway on the way to work. Last 3 of the plate was RZA, show yourself. Lol

My offer was accepted on my new house. Ironically two houses up from the one my sister and I just sold.

Shit what else, maybe I should ask for a raise at work too. Lol

it truly is. i just got my first paycheck from my new job.... very happy :)