LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

Pffft. Soccer .....lame ....

What's lame is watching any other televised sport and spending more time on commercials than the sport. However with soccer and rugby no commercials during each half; I'm sure that'll change in the future or maybe go side-by-side but it is nice while it lasts.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pffft. Soccer .....lame ....

What's lame is watching any other televised sport and spending more time on commercials than the sport. However with soccer and rugby no commercials during each half; I'm sure that'll change in the future or maybe go side-by-side but it is nice while it lasts.

I am on the fence with this. I grew up where wrestling and soccer were the two most popular sports.

I always volunteered to play goalee because I hated all the running around.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Sarcasm.. I don't mind sering people support their national team. Just bores me to watch televised.

I'm a big baseball guy so I hear the same about it too, great to be a stadium but hard to watch on tv.

Has anyone created or has info for creating their own car emblem? So far, I'm really only able to find guides on creating lettering/badges (which everyone and their mother on the internet are calling emblems). I'd rather take badges off than put new ones on.

I'd like to look into creating a custom emblem for the grille/trunk.

Edit: Looking at how the OEM emblems are repainted, it looks like I need a rounded, oval mold with a mold backing that contains the design I want filled with some clear plastic. I guess more research is in order.

Edited by Ellesedil

Off to the mountains to do some salmon fishing. Suppose to be the best run in the last 10years so I'm hoping to kill it today!

good luck bud. where do you go? I've always wanted to do some salmon fishing.

let me know how much shipping is to get me some freshness ahhahaha.

why not 3D print one then coat it with some clear... IDK.. urithane or something. just spitballing

As long as the "ink" for the printer is still clear and I can get the proper smoothness on the front like the Subaru emblem, that's a pretty good idea.

you wont get the smoothness without paying serious money for a ultra HD 3D printer, and even then it won't be the same. i was saying clear coats of the top of a 3D printed oval to give it a smooth finish, but now that i think about it to give it the real look it is going to need some kind of mold so that the face is uniform.

Hate when somebody wants to talk to you on the phone for 15 minutes before you cut the grass. Then when you are cutting the grass, the last 15 minutes left.... It damn well rains on you. Timing sometimes just doesn't work out.

Hate when somebody wants to talk to you on the phone for 15 minutes before you cut the grass. Then when you are cutting the grass, the last 15 minutes left.... It damn well rains on you. Timing sometimes just doesn't work out.

Nice and random... really keeping with the thread theme hahahaha.

Damned teachers!!! :mad: Must be nice to have the summer off.

Please don't tell my wife I said that. :redface:

Damned teachers!!! :mad: Must be nice to have the summer off.

seriously. my mother (teacher) is going to Ireland for 2 weeks. I won't even have a vacation till December! i better get a t-shirt and a nice damn beer mug

Well, my summer is not that free....timing was perfect for this to happen May 5th - Teagan Reese McCauley:

she'll be able to hold a wrench in no time. now you got yourself a real live project helper. god knows that's what my dad used us for hahaha.

Checked out a new WRX today at Grand Prix Subaru.

And?? I seriously think this or the STI will be my next ride (no worries, a few years down the road!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And?? I seriously think this or the STI will be my next ride (no worries, a few years down the road!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Really like the car. Not as much room as a 5th Gen. Think of a 4 th Gen up front with legroom for adults in the back. There's a lot in common with our GTs. Did not get to drive it but the visibility is quite good. Although quite similar engine bay layout but it looks much "less cluttered" than ours and well thought out.

I would personally stick with the WRX over the STI, opting for the new power plant. The TQ curve is very nice. Not sure I would mod this one that much for a DD.

Talking about the new wrx.

Is anybody else seeing what Subaru is doing with their lineup?

Seems to me that they are making room for a smaller subcompact.

Think about it. The 5th Gen legacy jumped in size alot, now the new wrx is similar in size and even looks like more of a natural continuation of the 4th Gen legacy.

I see a 98-01 Impreza sized or maybe even smaller car coming in the next few years to compete with such cars as the Yaris, Fiesta, etc.

Talking about the new wrx.

Is anybody else seeing what Subaru is doing with their lineup?

Seems to me that they are making room for a smaller subcompact.

Think about it. The 5th Gen legacy jumped in size alot, now the new wrx is similar in size and even looks like more of a natural continuation of the 4th Gen legacy.

I see a 98-01 Impreza sized or maybe even smaller car coming in the next few years to compete with such cars as the Yaris, Fiesta, etc.

Don't worry they're just bringing back the baja. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk