**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even with the side windows down i still hear the sunroof whistle. It doesnt bother me when im by myself bc i turn up the music. Sucks when the gf or pup is with me because i cant turn it up that loud

The sunroof is noisier on a 5th gen because you can hear it!! On a 4th gen the noise from the windows masked a lot.

Nah, mine was pretty quiet. On my test drive, the shade was pulled back on the 5th gen, and I asked what the hell the noise was. I had just driven the 4th gen 300 miles on the highway. It's a totally different sound... and a bummer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TIL that DC_Titus is deaf. :lol:

Anywhoo:

Sunshade closed: no real noise

Sunshade open, sunroof closed: medium discernible noise that sometimes gets irritating

Sunshade open, sunroof in "popup" position: whistles me a diddy every time to the point that I never use this option when going over 30+ MPH (so basically never)

Sunshade open, sunroof in full-open position: I'm driving a mini cabriolet, especially if the rear windows are open

No idea if my sunroof was ever fixed under recall. What's the best way to check?

I hate people with no respect for other peoples cars or personal property. I witnessed 2 guys set their coffee cups and food on the trunk of someone else's car so they could load their stuff in their car. It doesn't sound like much, but its not your stuff dont touch it. Then while I was having dinner the other night out on the patio at a nearby pub. I was watching this mom load her baby in her car that was parked next to mine. While her other kid was waiting next to her, he rubs his fingers all down the side of my car writing in the dust that I hadn't cleaned off yet. I yelled hey! He stopped and looked at me and I just glared at him for a few seconds. He stopped but the mom wasn't too happy with me yelling at her kid and gave me a nasty look as they got in their car and left. Ugh I was so pissed off. Rant over

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I hate people with no respect for other peoples cars or personal property. I witnessed 2 guys set their coffee cups and food on the trunk of someone else's car so they could load their stuff in their car. It doesn't sound like much, but its not your stuff dont touch it. Then while I was having dinner the other night out on the patio at a nearby pub. I was watching this mom load her baby in her car that was parked next to mine. While her other kid was waiting next to her, he rubs his fingers all down the side of my car writing in the dust that I hadn't cleaned off yet. I yelled hey! He stopped and looked at me and I just glared at him for a few seconds. He stopped but the mom wasn't too happy with me yelling at her kid and gave me a nasty look as they got in their car and left. Ugh I was so pissed off. Rant over

Amen brother

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

@Swannee225

You have more restraint than me. The second the mother gave me a dirty look I would have lost it.

On another note,

Is it bad I look at the driveway of houses Im looking at buying to see if my car would have trouble with it?

Thought about that this morning and kinda laughed to myself because most people would adjust the car to the driveway. Or wouldn't even give it a thought. I guess I'm just used to driving really lowered vehicles.

Random thought over. Lol

Pics or it didn't happen. I wanna see a '92 tearing it up!

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/20140608_134358_zps4dcef2od.jpg here's your pic...it's a tradition that Kenny is out on the last cone here lol

Times from today

1st session

1:09.518

1:09.057

1:09.347....backend was coming around easily these first 3 so I decided to not carry as much speed into corners then did better

1:07.687....then lunch break

2nd Session

1:07.253

1:06.878

1:07.628.decided to go with more speed beforethelastrun

1:06.644 BEST TIME LAST RUN..here's the video

SRRSCCA AutoX (IMS222) `91 Subaru Legacy Turbo:

I'll post a link the the full results later tonight to see how I faired against the others.

Watching everyone do auto-x makes me wonder if I'd do well at that. With there being no lines directing you where to go I'd probably either double run or short a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://srrscca.com/Event%20Results/june%208%202014_fin.htm

Results posted sooner than I thought. Well I wasn't the slowest but considering the only other unmodified Cars there were maybe 2bmws, a corvette, a ms3, 2 evos, focus st, and an amg. I had a blast for the 2nd time ever doing it. Good thing is I know each time I go I'll get better.

Some stickier tires would help tremendously rather than some 400treadwear fuzion touring m+s

Watching everyone do auto-x makes me wonder if I'd do well at that. With there being no lines directing you where to go I'd probably either double run or short a run.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44932

I'd highly suggest reading this before getting started, I wish I would have but I understand that "speed" does nothing if not controlled with precision. Andy Hollis used to be a national champion and teach at evolution drivers school. The principles are great and friend just forwarded that link to me to read just a moment ago.

^^

Awesome read.

I practice on on/off ramps alot. Well I wouldn't say practice but see how fast I can go around certain ramps I am very familiar with to get a feeling for the car.

I don't practice for anything its more of a how fast can I go since Ive changed suspension/rims/tires etc.

Going back to what swannee was talking about......

Am I an asshole for getting annoyed when I pull up to my sisters house and my 5 yo niece and 8 yo nephew run up to my car and start hitting the windows and leaving fingerprints all over them and the doors and then start pulling on the door handles so they can get to my kids, all before my car even stops moving?

BTW, this usually occurs right after I wash my car, which is pretty much any nice day :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Nope ^. My spec b, literally the same week i got it, i took it to my buddies house and his dog loves me. I pulled in. Tur off the car and pull up the hand brake, he and the dog come out, dog comes running up to the car, jumps up to put his head in the window, puts his paws on the door and then preceeds to scratch his nails down the side of my drivers door. Boy was i furious.