LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^to me, that's a better temporary solution than drilling out washers that are too small.

A washer with 5/16" ID and about a 1-1/4" OD, or slightly larger, would work great.

Will Home Depot put the STi badges on for me?! I'd hate to leave that HP on the table... :p

All I have to say about the DIY "Temporary" washer is just make absolutely sure there are no burrs on the metal from drilling out the center. You don't want anything cutting into or scoring the transmission's linkage shaft or the brass bushing. If it does, you could get into binding issues or creating a premature failure point. Honestly, from the pic, some of those look questionable and I wouldn't put one on my car until it was smooth as a baby's butt.

I smoothed them out, any burrs would cause a problem. It's tough to see in the pix.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Huge thanks to Kirk (km580) for the washers I just got today! Laffy Taffy and STi badging (+5whp)... can't beat that! :lol: Thanks for the laugh on my Monday afternoon!

Anyone in the Boston area (Ellesedil?) needs a washer, let me know... I'm the NE dealer for washers now! ;)

I'm going to inquire at my local dealership when I have the time (need to take the wife's Impreza in for its first oil change soon anyway). While cheap and easy, I'm not really ready to do anything with this as work and home life are both very busy right now.

Did this this weekend. Definitely feels much better. The washers I ordered were a lot smaller and definitely wrong. Not sure if maybe the part number matched with something else. They didn't fit. Luckily, I had a washer lying around that was the perfect fit.

Just got a call from my dealer. The remaining 9 washers that I ordered will be in the US warehouse on June 2 and I should have them a few days later. I will still mail them out to all who claimed dibs below.

1) coppertone

2) redstriker

3) shribob

4) MilkCrate

5) DrD123

6) Miro

7) eckseleven

8) pfoyle

9) caliquil

That was a nice easy mod. I like the firmer feel shifting into gear, but it accentuates the clunky transmission.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Archived