LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

So...um...what is this bushing supposed to do again? cuz, I swear, my shifting between gears is even more notchy than before.

It should remove the flex of the OEM rubber bushing - so it should feel like a more direct connection to the transmission (will feel notchier than OEM since you have removed the slop due to deflection of the rubber bushing)

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My bushing arrived yesterday in an unnecessarily large box (comparatively). No wonder shipping was so much. I would have been happy with an envelope with a bushing in it.

I still haven't got my bushing.. I ordered the 24th of April.... I'm assuming a box or I would have gotten it already.

Edit got it.. sweet tracking was waaay offf..lol

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/e2uve3un.jpg

Ummm.. how many trees died to get me my order...wow

installed. Shifter feels awesome... compared to before.

What washer did you use?... my dealer says back order till next week... but I have a washer with a diameter of 22.4mm and center diameter of 9.9mm 2.39mm thick... looks like it'll sit nicely over the bushing.

What washer did you use?... my dealer says back order till next week... but I have a washer with a diameter of 22.4mm and center diameter of 9.9mm 2.39mm thick... looks like it'll sit nicely over the bushing.

went to OSH and picked up washers.

I still haven't got my bushing.. I ordered the 24th of April.... I'm assuming a box or I would have gotten it already.

Edit got it.. sweet tracking was waaay offf..lol

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/e2uve3un.jpg

Ummm.. how many trees died to get me my order...wow

You should hold off on some of your car mods for a while and update your computer instead. :lol:

Let me know when you actually have them in your hands....

Parts guy just called and 3 of the 12 washers I ordered are in ready for pickup which I plan to do at lunchtime. The other 9 are back ordered with no ETA on arrival. There are none in the US and will be coming from Japan.

Parts guy just called and 3 of the 12 washers I ordered are in ready for pickup which I plan to do at lunchtime. The other 9 are back ordered with no ETA on arrival. There are none in the US and will be coming from Japan.

Joe - A work around would be using a washer with 8mm center and minimum of 25mm outer dimension, correct?

You should hold off on some of your car mods for a while and update your computer instead. :lol:

lol... work cpu... if they pay I'll update if not ... suffer with slowness... Microsoft keeps sending me messages that they no longer support XP.. :spin:

Also what size washer did you use?

Joe - A work around would be using a washer with 8mm center and minimum of 25mm outer dimension, correct?

thats what I want to know

Yes. I would recommend a little larger than 25mm to be safer. And the shaft that the washer fits over is 8mm, but I wouldn't go with a washer that has a hole much bigger than 9mm or 10mm.

lol... work cpu... if they pay I'll update if not ... suffer with slowness... Microsoft keeps sending me messages that they no longer support XP.. :spin:

Also what size washer did you use?

thats what I want to know

I grabbed a washer from ace that was roughly the same diameter as the bushing. It was maybe 0.5mm smaller. The hole diameter was too small, so I drilled that to the necessary size. I think I want to order the correct part from subaru anyways, but I was eager to see what the bushing would change as far as feel. :icon_neut

I grabbed a washer from ace that was roughly the same diameter as the bushing. It was maybe 0.5mm smaller. The hole diameter was too small, so I drilled that to the necessary size. I think I want to order the correct part from subaru anyways, but I was eager to see what the bushing would change as far as feel. :icon_neut

Smaller than the shoulder of the bushing, or the bushing? :eek:

LMAO... same boat I want to install it tonight .. but am only getting my washer next week... but I do have a large amount of washers... My 5/16" sits perfectly over the bushing.

can you measure one please.. also I see they are black.. what material is used?

I don't have calipers here at work, but I did have a metric scale, so I can get to the nearest 0.5mm.

Material: Steel with black coating

Center Dia: 8.5mm

Overall Dia: 29mm

Thickness: 2mm

Archived