LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the brass bushing, it leaves a gap between the washer and the shifter cable - is this going to eventually lead to lateral play that might cause things to bind? would it be worth finding an o-ring or something to fill the gap? (like the OEM rubber bushing does) Might be overthinking, but it's relatively easy to do this when installing (or afterwards, for that matter...)

Capture.JPG.d21199c02e8af5b4f78a4c230b6ed2b9.JPG

Personally I dont believe that that will be an issue. There cant physically be enough play there, unless things get super worn, to cause any binding. And I dont see wear happening because the tolerances on the bushing are so tight. Grease it up good. I saved the remainder of the grease for future maintenance and lubing.

OK so I drove it to work and back today, What an improvement!! It's nice and tight, no more sponginess. I have the STi shifter and group n trans mount and cross member bushings. I didn't notice any more NVH with the exception of the click when changing gears. Between this and the damper delete, it makes the car SO much better to drive. The shifter was one of my biggest complaints about this car, I would just like the throw to be a little shorter.

Like Teaser said, if you do this, put the bushing on the trans first and then slip the linkage over it. Also, I can't see anywhere that there could develop any binding.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Installed mine tonight. Quick and easy. My only issue was that I got the new bushing stuck part way on. I had to pry it off then clean up the corrosion on the shaft with some emory cloth.

I purchased a 7 pack of 3/16" ID 1-1/4" OD stainless washers at Lowes today for $2. I drilled one out with a 21/64" drill bit and it fit like a glove.

I wouldn't bother ordering a Subaru washer. Everything was nice and tight.

Got my shifter bushing but what do you know!? The washer I ordered from subaru is on back order..... :(

How long of a wait? I can drill one out for you and mail it out. You'll probably get it by the end of the week. I just sent Pfoyle 6 on Friday.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

How long of a wait? I can drill one out for you and mail it out. You'll probably get it by the end of the week. I just sent Pfoyle 6 on Friday.

They said it was supposed to be in this past Thursday, got no call so went to dealer, now they are saying Tuesday. Who knows now lol.

I call my dealer, they said july 7th for the washer :spin:

Go find a different dealer because that one isn't trying hard enough.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

When I ordered the 12 originally and got only 3, the other 9 were due to arrive in July.

aerophool, did you get the washer I mailed to you?

Yes, thank you. It came late last week, but have been out of town a lot for work and haven't had a lot of quality forum time or car time. The Indianapolis 500 is Sunday so lots 500 festivities will continue to divert my attention.

I am surprised that there is such a delay in a simple part.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

I am surprised that there is such a delay in a simple part.

It does seem like a simple part that Subaru would stock, but it's a cash flow/inventory control thing and all the ones they ordered from the part manufacturer are going into the WRXs they are building, not replacement part stock. As typical in the auto industry, parts for brand new models are hard to find because of ramped up production, and typically expensive.

Huge thanks to Kirk (km580) for the washers I just got today! Laffy Taffy and STi badging (+5whp)... can't beat that! :lol: Thanks for the laugh on my Monday afternoon!

Anyone in the Boston area (Ellesedil?) needs a washer, let me know... I'm the NE dealer for washers now! ;)

1673876546_photo(5).thumb.JPG.8703efabfb4c7cd312d2167ef81a85eb.JPG

Order Summary

Order Part #: 031208006

Order Status: DECLINED

Order Comment: This item currently unavailable, the order has been

cancelled, thank you

Oh.. you're welcome? No backorder, no estimated restock date.. just a good ol' cancel. The joys of dealing in NY.

All I have to say about the DIY "Temporary" washer is just make absolutely sure there are no burrs on the metal from drilling out the center. You don't want anything cutting into or scoring the transmission's linkage shaft or the brass bushing. If it does, you could get into binding issues or creating a premature failure point. Honestly, from the pic, some of those look questionable and I wouldn't put one on my car until it was smooth as a baby's butt.

washer.jpg.084eb9cd8364b09ca2a43ab66427ccee.jpg

Archived