LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any idea how much the plate would run? if its not ridiculous i definitely want one. driving in VT you need as much as you can get to seperate sensitive parts from the nastiness that is our salt infused roads

I could almost swear Ontario is the winter salt capital of the world...and I don't see any issues with my car not having one.

(IMHO) I don't foresee any need for the shifter plate, just get the car rustproofed every now and then and you should be fine. Heck, My car barely had any rust in that area where the cable was.

my thought is if a rock can get there than so can a chunk of ice and a whole bunch of salt. even if it does make a full seal it'll still block some salt instead of just having that whole cavity filled. I'll have to look into getting one of these
definitely post up the p/n if you find it - I'll do the same if I have any luck (couldn't find it searching on my own - will have the parts department at the dealer take a look if I can get by there in the not too distant future)

Heh, I dunno. I'm not experienced with modding cars, so I took my sweet time. Ended up taking an hour to do it with a lot of double-checking.

I do like the new feel quite a bit, but I think it now highlights the need for a short-throw. It definitely brings the shifter closer to how my dad's Mazdaspeed MX5 feels.

Okay, I ordered one because I really dislike the feel of the shift. Hoping it helps as much as others have said! It is just so sloppy, it's hard to find the gear as-is. I find myself 'jamming' it some times... Now I need a washer... I'll check the dealer down the street...

Okay, I ordered one because I really dislike the feel of the shift. Hoping it helps as much as others have said! It is just so sloppy, it's hard to find the gear as-is. I find myself 'jamming' it some times... Now I need a washer... I'll check the dealer down the street...

or just ask one of the guys on here who has extras....there are a bunch.

By the way just completed the bushing swap during lunch... my co-workers were looking at me funny... here I had my car in the parking lot with a side lifted and jack stands under it. Definitely a crisper feel to the gear engagement on the stick... well worth it, thanks to all who worked on this small but significant mod.

Archived