LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what some of you guys are looking for with this mod, but what it does is take the slop and sponginess out of the shifter. It now feels more tight and crisp (as much as it is going to be). For $25 I don't think you do a better mod other than the damper delete.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Seems like the washer is readily available in Canada.

i wonder why american subaru dealers and canadian ones don't work together. when i went to the dealer he said it would have to be ordered and shipped from japan which may take years hahaha

Finally got around to ordering this. The SPSUN10 coupon code on Perrin's website still seems to work (10% off). I also called the Subaru dealer in North Reading, MA and they ordered the washer and expect it to take about 3!!!! days. Here's hoping that's true.

Dealer just called. The washer that wasn't supposed to arrive until July came in today. Maybe Subaru submitted a rush order since there were so many orders. I wonder if they're also trying to figure out why so many 2015 wrx washers are breaking so quickly and if there's some kind of defect. :lol:

Washer just came in at Subaru dealer.

Dealer just called. The washer that wasn't supposed to arrive until July came in today. Maybe Subaru submitted a rush order since there were so many orders. I wonder if they're also trying to figure out why so many 2015 wrx washers are breaking so quickly and if there's some kind of defect. :lol:

Finally got around to ordering this. The SPSUN10 coupon code on Perrin's website still seems to work (10% off). I also called the Subaru dealer in North Reading, MA and they ordered the washer and expect it to take about 3!!!! days. Here's hoping that's true.

shit i better get on ordering that than last time i asked they said the lead time was a few months. hopefully it'll be shorter now.

Just got a call from my dealer. The remaining 9 washers that I ordered will be in the US warehouse on June 2 and I should have them a few days later. I will still mail them out to all who claimed dibs below.

1) coppertone

2) redstriker

3) shribob

4) MilkCrate

5) DrD123

6) Miro

7) eckseleven

8) pfoyle

9) caliquil

They are here and picking them up at lunch today. I will mail them out to you guys this weekend. :)

I noticed that since doing this mod, even though it does feel better and when I accelerate quickly or let go of the throttle it feels as if the shifter moves by like a slight millimeter forward or backward depending. Is this what everyone means by clunky? I just want to make sure that this is normal. Aside from that I definitely feel it shift into gears easier.

Mine does the same if im on the throttle and then quickly let off. It'll kinda vibrate. Doesnt bother me because my spec b did the same thing. One thing i notice is its a lot easier to get my car into second now. Before sometimes i would have to wiggle it in neutral and then put it in gear. Maybe something wrong with my synchros?

Mine does the same if im on the throttle and then quickly let off. It'll kinda vibrate. Doesnt bother me because my spec b did the same thing. One thing i notice is its a lot easier to get my car into second now. Before sometimes i would have to wiggle it in neutral and then put it in gear. Maybe something wrong with my synchros?

Thats exactly how mine felt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I already have that behavior in some gears (particularly 4th).

+1

Thats exactly how mine felt.

+2

I don't recall having to double clutch in order to get it into second since the install. Much better feel now.

Just got a call from my dealer. The remaining 9 washers that I ordered will be in the US warehouse on June 2 and I should have them a few days later. I will still mail them out to all who claimed dibs below.

1) coppertone

2) redstriker

3) shribob

4) MilkCrate

5) DrD123

6) Miro

7) eckseleven

8) pfoyle

9) caliquil

All the washers have been mailed out except the one for pfoyle. Where are you man???!!!!

Thank you everyone for confirming your need for the washer. I have had numerous other requests for them if I end up with any left over, so if I don't hear anything, the next person on my waiting list gets the last one.

Archived