LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

After a couple of days of driving with the bushing, it is a lot better. Doesn't feel like I have to use excessive force to get it into gear and the squishy feeling is gone. The shifter now stops firmly when it's in gear and leaves a gear with no hesitation. It is a bit louder now and I'm assuming that's why Subaru went with a really soft rubber.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed its louder too, but it doesnt bother me at all. Mechanical should go with mechanical feel of the machine so that a driver can be properly submersed in the euphoria of driving experience.

I like it loud... but I got used to it already and don't hear it anymore.Best interface mod yet.

Just while shifting gears. The rubber insulated the sound, the hard bushing means you can now hear the linkage working. It is not annoying at all and with 10 miles of driving I barely notice it anymore. It is still quieter than the '15 WRX.

Just while shifting gears. The rubber insulated the sound, the hard bushing means you can now hear the linkage working. It is not annoying at all and with 10 miles of driving I barely notice it anymore. It is still quieter than the '15 WRX.

Phew. I really want to do this and that may have been a deal breaker.

The improvement is so significant that I may just forego the short shifter altogether.

Ohhh Noooo you don't. You can't just punk out and not get the STS. You know you want it ... just man up and get it. :p:lol::lol:

The STS removed a lot of the sloppiness of the factory shifter. It surprised me when I installed mine. I don't know if its because you have less mechanical advantage or if its a combination of the shifter being tighter and the mechanical advantage.

Ohhh Noooo you don't. You can't just punk out and not get the STS. You know you want it ... just man up and get it. :p:lol::lol:

Eventually. But I will be proving very shortly that I am not punking out on anything. ;)

Just bustin' your gonads. :lol::lol:

Now you've gone and done it ... GTeasing us with all the suspense of what is to come next! Good luck with the project and remember you still need groceries and savings for the college fund. :spin:

:hide:

Just got an email that my bushing shipped out and will be here in 1-3 days.... Of course my washer is on backorder from subaru and have no clue when it will get here. Going to kill me not to install it. Might have to get one of those 5/16" washers to hold me over

Just sent an email to Perrin with a link to this thread and explanation of Legacy fitment.

Hopefully they will respond this time since there are probably more of their bushing installed on Legacy's at this point than '15 WRX's. :lol:

Got an email back from Perrin with thanks for bringing bushing fitment on the Legacy to their attention. I tried to set a foundation for some communication to explore potential part development of '15 WRX stuff that will also work for our Legacy's. They seem very concentrated on development of new stuff for the WRX, which I understand, but I gently tried to tell them that there could be some mutual benefit with the Legacy market also.

Apparently a free T-shirt is on it's way. :)

Got an email back from Perrin with thanks for bringing bushing fitment on the Legacy to their attention. I tried to set a foundation for some communication to explore potential part development of '15 WRX stuff that will also work for our Legacy's. They seem very concentrated on development of new stuff for the WRX, which I understand, but I gently tried to tell them that there could be some mutual benefit with the Legacy market also.

Apparently a free T-shirt is on it's way. :)

HAHAHA they do seem quite focused don't they. i contacted them about adding things to their fitment lists about stuff I've seen on here and they basically told me "we are to busy to even look at your legacy" where is my free T? guess i should have gave them a link to this thread.

Archived