LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm. That does not seem right. Just talked to my parts guy and they wont be in til Monday. That's disappointing. I even looked at the parts diagram myself. Wonder if my guy focked up. Any chance you can go back to your dealer and look up that part on the diagram?

same on my end... i find the pic that the parts guy uses...

http://parts.cioccasubaru.com/a/Subaru__/__6027054/MANUAL-GEAR-SHIFT-SYSTEM-SHIFT-LEVER-07MY-/b13-350-02.html

but it's not for a 2015... it's for a 07+ and i'm currently looking if a 2014 sti mt has the washer..

STi uses a completely different transmission, linkage not cable, so that's not going to help.

That's a completely different diagram than what I looked at. And by the looks of it, that cable just actuates the reverse lockout. You can see the hard shaft linkage in the diagram that does the shifting for the forward gears.

I will measure the bushing and go to the hardware store today at lunch to see if I can find something that will work until we sort this out.

EDIT: We need a washer with 8mm center and minimum of 25mm outer dimension. I tried a 1/4" fender washer and the hole is too small.

Update: This is still pending verification from my parts guy, but I think I know what happened. He is looking it up now based on a VIN from a 2015 WRX 6MT sitting on their lot right now. The part number that I originally got is for a washer for 04-15 STi reverse lockout cable for the linkage actuated STi transmission. We need the 15 WRX washer which is for the cable shifted WRX transmission.

I apologize guys, I don't know if it was me or the parts guy that got things goofed up, but this will get sorted soon.

McMaster-Carr has a couple of options - closest is 8.4mm ID, 24mm OD (p/n 9116A160) $4.29 for a box of 25 in 18-8 stainless. I will try to swing by Lowes or Ace and see if they have anything around there (it's a large washer for the ID, so I am not holding my breath)

Update: This is still pending verification from my parts guy, but I think I know what happened. He is looking it up now based on a VIN from a 2015 WRX 6MT sitting on their lot right now. The part number that I originally got is for a washer for 04-15 STi reverse lockout cable for the linkage actuated STi transmission. We need the 15 WRX washer which is for the cable shifted WRX transmission.

I apologize guys, I don't know if it was me or the parts guy that got things goofed up, but this will get sorted soon.

Not your fault, imo. My dealership did the same exact thing. I was looking at the diagram with him when we were looking for the part. =/

Just ordered my bushing. Have to stop by subaru tomorrow and order the washer unless someone found one from HD/Lowes.

Next up is to order the CDV delete, and find someone near me to help me out. I'm sure I could do it alone but would rather have someone there incase I eff up because it'll keep me calm.

Thanks a ton GTEASER & JLGT!

Just ordered my bushing and will wait and see about the washer.

Would be handy to find something locally or maybe find something at work.

I had the STS installed by the dealer before I picked it up. Could still stand to be a bit better. Here's hoping...

I also need to do the damper delete. For years I have wondered why I'm all herky jerky with that car. Not my first day at the rodeo, though some days it kinda seems that way.

Ordered mine tonight. I found a box of 1/4x1-1/4 fender washers in my tool box. I took a 5/16 drill bit and bored the hole out. Fits perfect on a piece of 8mm rod I had laying around. The outside dia. is about 1/4 larger than needed but I'll see how it works when my bushing comes.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

I think the folks who ordered them directly from Perrin two weeks ago made an assault on Perrin's stock. They clearly were not expecting Legacy owners to order them all. :lol:

This. 5th gen owners swooped in on all of them before any 2015 WRX guys could, lol :lol: We've been waiting longer!!!

Archived