LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

They're progressive-rate, and from what I've seen, they start out around the same rate as the stockers, but stiffen up pretty quick after that. At least, that's what I'm hoping they'll do, but I'd have to actually install mine to tell you for sure.

So the Eibachs with spacers actually perform better than the OEM 2013+ springs? How do you know?

Spacers don't change the dynamics of the spring they merely add height. So I have no reason to believe they won't be as good as the reviews here and nasioc (eibach pro kit for the impreza) say they are. I will take my chance with Eibach building a sportier better performing spring than Subaru's stock legacy one any day.

Edit- and they are prettier ;)

Fair enough. I mentioned the spacers because with spacers you're not really getting the advantage of lowering the center of gravity with the Eibachs when you jack the body back up to stock height. You're not changing the dynamics of the spring, but you aren't changing the dynamics of the roll center, which can be perceived as "performance" with a lowering spring. In any case, the Koni's will be a huge improvement. You'll love your new car.

FWIW I am real happy with the Eibachs. They give a pretty comfy ride, but when you throw them into a turn they stiffen up good. I know they are a great compliment to the Bilsteins, I would assume the same would be true with the Koni's. Can't wait to hear how it works out.

Tirerack order shipped! Guess that means they still have the fronts in stock for the time being.

Now I just have to save up for the rears, the springs, and the KYB donors since my Legacy is my daily and I can't afford to have it down long enough to use the stocks as donors. :spin:

My car corners every bit as well with the '14 springs and Bilsteins as it dit with blacks and Bilsteins. A little more roll but it digs in and the Bils control the motion.

hows the ride quality compared to the bilsteins? much comfier? the bilsteins are pretty hard.

for the the being, im going to use the rce black springs with the konis. i hope they arent too stiff. if so, ill swap them with '14s.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tirerack order shipped! Guess that means they still have the fronts in stock for the time being.

Now I just have to save up for the rears, the springs, and the KYB donors since my Legacy is my daily and I can't afford to have it down long enough to use the stocks as donors. :spin:

You can do all four corners in a day.

hows the ride quality compared to the bilsteins? much comfier? the bilsteins are pretty hard.

for the the being, im going to use the rce black springs with the konis. i hope they arent too stiff. if so, ill swap them with '14s.

I'm running RCE Blacks and Konis and they feel great! The adjustability of the konis allows you to set them as aggressively as you like

Do you mean "compared to the RCE Blacks"?

Paired with the Bils, its much better with '14 OEM springs. The Bils have VERY aggressive compression damping but (IMHO) have insufficient secondary/tertiary rebound damping for the Blacks so small slow compressions are bouncy/harsh because the compression motion is damped heavily but the rebound tosses it back up abruptly. Dips in the highway and wavey concrete freeways were a real beotch with the Blacks + Bils. The '14 springs completely fixed that.

I'm willing to bet that Bilsteins would pair MUCH better with eibach springs than the blacks because of the lower initial spring rate.

Also, I NEVER scrape or bottom out on anything now. Takes potholes like a CHAMP. That extra inch of travel gives the strut a lot more real-estate to get the job done. Because the bils have such aggressive compression damping, I can toss the car around and it doesn't dive at all - it just gradually rolls in, admittedly more than with the blacks but not a lot and its very linear and controlled... no abrupt diving of the front end. Virtually zero brake dive.

is that combo bouncy over the smaller bumps?

I have my setup dialed in a little more aggressively than what I started with, so I feel more of the road which is fine by me. I think initially I had the fronts at 1 full turn and the reals at 1/2 turn. After everything settled, I wanted a more planted feeling when hitting dips in the road, so I upped it to 1&1/4 turn in the front and 1 full turn in the back.

My Home Depot & Lowes did not have the bolts I wanted so http://www.BelMetric.com to the rescue. The M12 with 1.5 thread pitch for pulling the inserts in was not to be found around me, so I also ordered new Flange bolts & nuts Grade 10.9 M12 x 1.75 x 80mm almost ran out of threads :cool:

The Koni mounting point was not going to fit into the RSR LCA so a couple of passes with the grinder to narrow it was necessary.

Looking forward to installing it all now.

1654387763_KoniBolts_II.thumb.jpg.c7fec33a392d80cc57474a02b7309c1a.jpg

FWIW I am real happy with the Eibachs. They give a pretty comfy ride, but when you throw them into a turn they stiffen up good. I know they are a great compliment to the Bilsteins, I would assume the same would be true with the Koni's. Can't wait to hear how it works out.

I think I may end up missing out on grabbing the Koni Inserts in time (won't be until late spring I think.) What's a good strut/shock pairing with the Eibachs. The OEM 2013's? Or do you have another suggestion.

I think I may end up missing out on grabbing the Koni Inserts in time (won't be until late spring I think.) What's a good strut/shock pairing with the Eibachs. The OEM 2013's? Or do you have another suggestion.

Tim,

They might be very scarce then but available

The KYB are better then OEM

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by Golferdude1087

You only have to buy the front Koni's inserts for now.

Emnotek is out of front Koni inserts and checking with Koni to see if they can get any remaining stock. I suggest that everyone who wants Konis to buy the front inserts NOW for whatever price they have to from whatever source they can get them.