LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

You don't have an extra set for when the time comes to replace them?

I am pretty sure they are rebuildable. Koni provides the rebuild service at

http://www.koniracing.com

And I have a call into True Choice Koni Racing Services in Ohio to verify if the Yellow Sport shocks are rebuildable.

I'm hoping these stay in stock until January, February-ish. Was just gonna throw them on my order of tires and store them somewhere. Hurry up, springtime.

My guess is that they will be gone by then. Good luck!

I am pretty sure they are rebuildable. Koni provides the rebuild service at

http://www.koniracing.com

And I have a call into True Choice Koni Racing Services in Ohio to verify if the Yellow Sport shocks are rebuildable.

I wonder what the turnaround time is on rebuilding them. I drive my gt daily so I can't have it inoperable for too long

^That's another reason I'm going with the KYB donors, so on the off-chance something DOES go wrong, I can just swap back to stock somewhat easily if I need to.

It is also not too costly to buy a set of KYB or cheap struts as well for temporary struts.

Met up with ibradam to get my set of front struts for inserts. I guess I will need to store my stock struts just in case.

Also his car looks awesome on the koni hr combo with 20mm spacers...definitely rethinking the strut spacers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I guess I'll order the inserts soon before I miss out. When it comes time to build them together, I just need the top hats, spring seats, dust covers and bump stop? And springs too obviously. I'll get the KYB struts from Rock Auto so I can build these and have them ready to go then when the swap time comes so I won't be spending all day farting around. Seems simple enough. I watched the build a strut video. Easier than I thought.

We anticipate well over 100k. I believe there are lots of 4th Gen guys that have at least that much on their inserts. As they start to lose their effectiveness, just turn them stiffer. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go 200k on a DD that lives in an area with fairly smooth roads.

We anticipate well over 100k. I believe there are lots of 4th Gen guys that have at least that much on their inserts. As they start to lose their effectiveness, just turn them stiffer. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go 200k on a DD that lives in an area with fairly smooth roads.

Which is exactly why you never need a second set. Garage Queens don't wear out suspension!

I have some free time today, so I was going to cut up my donors.

Do Koni's really not come with a set of instructions on how to modify the donor struts?

Mine came with instructions

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161010/9f7888893ac4e7112c9e8ec1b0b78d38.jpg

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

I am hereby rescinding any recommendation I made for Harbor Freight coil spring compressors, mine took a crap. Only the sixth time I used them one of the compressors jammed up. I dont know if I will even worry about it, but I will need them for the front springs I think...at any rate for this thread I can add I installed the rear Koni/eibach combo with 1" spacer, loving it so far.

1 noteworthy observation, with the spacer the adjustment knob doesn't fit on the end of the shock so you will have to improvise some way of getting it on there or just set it and forget it.