LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

The struts are different on an outback, but for the front you could use the front stock housings for the inserts that may take care of that end. Then you could use spacers to get the rear back close to original ride height.

Otherwise your outback would be looking like a legacy wagon with some camber issues. IIRC.

The struts are different on an outback, but for the front you could use the front stock housings for the inserts that may take care of that end. Then you could use spacers to get the rear back close to original ride height.

Otherwise your outback would be looking like a legacy wagon with some camber issues. IIRC.

This is sooooo wrong in so many ways. :spin:

I was more or less meaning build a set with our sedan setup and then put them into the outback. Swap the WHOLE assembly just as if popped in a set of coilovers. Feel me?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/project-legacy-gt-outback-begins-244041.html?t=244041&highlight=rpmk104

Everything he did to his legacy do to the outback with legacy parts...;)

Guys these things are selling out VERY quickly, faster then anyone anticipated. I had a friend already have to look around because he struggled to find someone with stock. So far Emnotek still has the fronts but Revsports, thmotorsports and others no longer have them and are selling the complete front strut.

im said friend! thmotorsports cancelled my order that i put in on saturday morning. when i saw that it hadnt shipped yet today, i knew something was up, then i got the cancellation email. they were able to track down another set from one of their other distributors, but not for the same killer deal i originally got. at least they are on the way. as of 3pm today, they had 2 sets of fronts left.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

gteaser, i just cut open the first donor. so glad i bought a pipe cutter. is a tube dept of 12.5" going to be a pain to work with?

edit: i got it down just a hair over 12". gonna wait until i have the inserts in hand before i remove any more material. safety first.

Edited by Bootyologist

I am getting parts together to do my install, figured on doing the rears first then the fronts, maybe someone will swap me fronts...

I am looking around at 1" spacers to offset the drop with the Eibach springs, should I go with the subtle solutions aluminum or some high density plastic spacers? I was afraid the plastic may start squeaking or making some other noise over time, opinions?

I am getting parts together to do my install, figured on doing the rears first then the fronts, maybe someone will swap me fronts...

I am looking around at 1" spacers to offset the drop with the Eibach springs, should I go with the subtle solutions aluminum or some high density plastic spacers? I was afraid the plastic may start squeaking or making some other noise over time, opinions?

My HDPE spacers from ADF (Anderson Design Fab) are great. 12k miles on them and no noises. There's no need to go with the expense of aluminum. He's got the best price around for 1" spacers. The hardware included with his kit is SAE, so just be aware of that. Guys have been using HDPE spacers for a long time now and I have never heard of any longevity issues with that material even in heavy off road use.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160915/3dd450ac629f51f79b97634d101f7b96.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160915/484f4c310a08500505b56a7a56efdbd8.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160915/1865bc9c9c3ad6bc3ad4004994754704.jpg

Edited by GTEASER

FWIW, the Eibach springs are about 15% stiffer than our 2010-2012 stock springs, and the 2013-2014 stock springs are supposedly about 15% stiffer than our 2010-2012 springs per Subaru. You'd probably be better off ditching the spacers idea and just going with the OEM face-lift springs to preserve suspension travel. Go test drive a 2013 or 2014 Legacy.

I already have the Eibach set and for $130 with shipping it was hard to pass up. And I would doubt the stock 13-14 springs give a better ride than the Eibach springs. 1" of travel isn't the end of the world, unlike 1" of drop when you already scrape pulling out of certain stores/gas stations.

Okay, so lets look at it from a monetary standpoint. You could easily sell those Eibachs for the price you bought them for. Those funds could buy you a set of OEM 2013+ springs. Why would you spend an additional $150 plus shipping on a set of spacers to get reduced suspension travel if you're not interested in being lower? :p