LegacyGT.com

Darn broad just rear ended me

spc2125

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You totaled your car... mine is getting fresh paint for free...

And i get to take my car off the winter roads for two weeks...

Seems like karmas on my side.. at the moment

Keep on digging...

"What comes around is all around."

"Don't you mean what's all around comes around, Ricky?" :lol:

Are you farking retarded? Not only is the "new" paint not going to be as good as factory paint...

YOU JUST GOT A DING ON YOUR CARFAX.

you are not getting fresh paint for free. What you are getting is a POS rental car and a reduction in value on your Spec 1/2 B. (Sorry, no amount of stickers will make up for the 5spd)

Are you really still being an asshat to him after the help he gave you?

And not ever for sale. :lol: I Bet you sell it within 4 years.

Update:

Because of the long weekend ive lost some time over nothing. They finally accepted liability for the collision. And insurance appraisal guy is going to look at the car tm. Then we shall go from there....

Appraiser went out to look at the car today. The vehicle damage was appraised in the amount of $545.89. Which obviously is a joke. But tomorrow will be the tear down the the body shop will write up their supplemental estimate. No pictures today, but tomorrow hopefully. Then the appraiser has 48 hours to come back to look at it again. And another 48 hours to write up another appraisal. However, her insurance co. is pretty fast and when I called to get an appraiser they sent one out the next day.

I talked to the body shop guy and he said that because it is a limited edition type car hopefully the insurance co. will allow him to do oem parts. And then he will use aftermarket parts for the parts that he cannot get within a reasonable time. He also mentioned something about there being a large Subaru plant in New Jersey where he gets all his Subaru parts shipped overnight from. So hopefully Ill get the car back by the end of this month.

Meanwhile... Im starting to have boost withdrawals and have become an even more defensive driver because its a rental and I REALLY dont want anything to happen to it. On the bright side, my spec b is off the road away from the salt and snow. Also, I dont mind the ECO mode and having only gone through a half of tank of gas in 7 days. When i usually go through a full tank in 7 days.

Bad side... we are expecting about a foot of snow this weekend :(

I shall keep this thread opened...pending mature responses. Please keep all the fluff in the help thread.

Thanks!

I do know a rear bumper cover is somewhere around $2-250 as is, and then 3-something to get painted for real(not maaco).

Yeah that was basically just a routine type thing. The body shop guy estimated prob around $3500-4k when all said and done. But he wont know for sure until the tear down.

Dude, after labor and fixing the hidden damage to the car that's under the bumper, the bill will come out to probably $2-3K. It always does. I've been hit by a few cars going between 30 and 60 KM/h and every time it looks like (only) a bumper needs to be replaced / repaired and painted, and then, voila!, off comes the bumper and they need to straighten out a bunch of shit under the car.

The burn of the whole thing is that a simple rear-ender suddenly looks like a major accident on car fax- when it really isn't.

I feel for you, as I've been there plenty of times in my 20 years on the road.

Dude, after labor and fixing the hidden damage to the car that's under the bumper, the bill will come out to probably $2-3K. It always does. I've been hit by a few cars going between 30 and 60 KM/h and every time it looks like (only) a bumper needs to be replaced / repaired and painted, and then, voila!, off comes the bumper and they need to straighten out a bunch of shit under the car.

The burn of the whole thing is that a simple rear-ender suddenly looks like a major accident on car fax- when it really isn't.

I feel for you, as I've been there plenty of times in my 20 years on the road.

Not too concerned about resell value. As I will be keeping it for a while. But every rear end collision is different and nothing can really be determined at this point yet. He was listing all of the parts he thinks will need to be replaced and it seemed like a lot. But tm we shall hopefully know for sure.

I just cant wait to get it back. Last time I had my car gone more than a week was when it had the turbo replaced. And that was really fun :p

So hopefully after driving the elantra for a while, itll be like a whole new car.

Archived