LegacyGT.com

Darn broad just rear ended me

spc2125

No panties in a bunch over here. Just funny how everyone thinks theres no hidden damage... when clearly you arent here to inspect it.. nor has it been fully taken apart to assess the damage.

And no fraud is going on here. Just trying to get my car back in working order and getting it fixed right.

Ill get pics of the damage when everything is removed. For now im temporarily closing this thread.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up the rental car yesterday. Like brand new, I rolled over 5k today.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/65278_10200675026702642_1131567572_n.jpg

They gave me a two week timeline. First week is dealing with insurance. They come check out the car and give them permission to tear down the car. Then body shop tears it down. Then insurance comes out again. And then the battle begins with them going to try and lowball me and want to put on aftermarket parts instead of OEM Subaru parts because oem is more expensive. But I have the rarity of the spec b among other things on my side for getting this done right. Ill have pics when they tear it down. Mike from Central Auto Body has been fantastic. Walking me through every step of the way. He even gave me a ride to the rental place. I asked him what his estimation of the damages and he said probably between $3-$3500. Ill post pics of the damages when they tear it down.

normally the other parties insurance would send someone out. no reason for yours to come out if they aren't paying.

last 2 bumpers that went on my car were aftermarket. you can't tell the difference. bumper is a bumper. not going to decrease the value of your car.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Insurance question: Do both insurance co. (mine and hers) send someone out to check the damages?

I will not give insurance info on a public forum please ask the insurance company or your agent sorry each company and state has diff rules and regulations.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Insurance question: Do both insurance co. (mine and hers) send someone out to check the damages?

No. Just the one who is paying the body shop. That could be yours (and they will go after her insurance company), or it could be hers directly.

And then the battle begins with them going to try and lowball me and want to put on aftermarket parts instead of OEM Subaru parts because oem is more expensive.

That isn't how it works. LKQ (Like Kind Quality) and used/re-manufactured/aftermarket parts are acceptable for repair of older cars. Look it up in your policy, and you'll see that you've agreed to those terms when you agreed to pay for your insurance.

But I have the rarity of the spec b among other things on my side for getting this done right.

No you don't. No one cares that it's a Spec-B. They care about the cheapest way to get the car fixed so that the car is brought back to pre-accident condition.

They'll fix the car, and they'll fix it right. Your responsibility is to keep on top of the body shop and the insurance company to ensure that the job is done correctly.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Being an Insurance Agent and recently being rear ended, I can tell you hidden damage is for sure based on your pictures, as I'm sure you know already. When the adjuster first looked at my car his offer was $1100 and the bumper did not even crack, nor did the paint, however once the shop got their hands on it, they found out my trunk latch was off, the foam exploaded underneath, and a few other things, long story short total came to $2300. Don't worry about the effect on Carfax, keep all documents from the accident and the pictures for if/when you sell the car and you shouldn't lose a dime.

Yeah good luck on the OEM parts the only way they will put OEM on is if it comes from a junkyard really, or you pay the cost difference outta pocket.

This varies by state, here in MN you can request that they use OEM parts and you do not have to pay anything.

Subscribe for the lulz.

Was the bitchs name karma?

Perhaps you dont check facebook. I answered this same lame comment and ill answer it with the same response.

No her name wasnt karma. And I wasnt at fault, nor is my car totaled unlike yours. Go troll on your wrx forums...

Edit: seems you have deleted your comment from facebook.

any more pics of this broad? i need a better mental picture...

he already facebooked stalked and uploaded one. shes not worth looking at twice. unless your seeing a movie in the dark and don't have to look at her face

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

No you did moron! Hahaha.

What goes around, sure does come around doesn't it?

You totaled your car... mine is getting fresh paint for free...

And i get to take my car off the winter roads for two weeks...

Seems like karmas on my side.. at the moment

Archived