LegacyGT.com

Darn broad just rear ended me

spc2125

My thought was to ask for the cost of the damage PLUS the cost of a detail of the vehicle because now it might look different with a fresh painted bumper and possibly faded paint rest of the car.... OR insurance. :lol:

Im leaning towards insurance though

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the pictures It looks like the bumper needs to be realigned in the center. The gap from the trunk lid to the bumper is off. Yeah get an estimate and have them give you the cash. Is a bumper after all. Another smokeshow is bound to f it up again anyway. :spin:

X

---

must we guide you in everything about your car?

go thru your insurance and let them deal with hers. hopefully you got all her info. take it to a reputable shop that has good reviews and let them do the job right.

see....there's this thing called a paint code. and body shops will match the paint for your car to that. your car is new and they'll match it fine.

do not deal with this privately. you will get screwed, we'll have to hear about it, and give you more advice on what to do next.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

must we guide you in everything about your car?

go thru your insurance and let them deal with hers. hopefully you got all her info. take it to a reputable shop that has good reviews and let them do the job right.

see....there's this thing called a paint code. and body shops will match the paint for your car to that. your car is new and they'll match it fine.

do not deal with this privately. you will get screwed, we'll have to hear about it, and give you more advice on what to do next.

Well this is a car forum... and im discussing my car, so i think its appropiate to ask questions if i have them...

maybe it's because your questions tend to get you in trouble :lol:

regardless.....do NOT do this privately. as much as you obsess about your car do it right. no matter how hot she is.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

where ever you go, inspect the sh!t out of the bumper when it's done. I've been rear ended twice in traffic. 1st time the shop did a crappy job putting the car back together. and the paint job wasn't that great. color was right, but looked liked they rushed it.

also ask what they will be taking apart to do the bumper job.

Oh this is good stuff. Remember when I was saying something about saving your money? Although it likely won't apply here, maybe it will help you understand the thought behind my comment.

What if she wasn't insured and didn't have a parent who could afford to pay out of pocket? Additionally, what if it had been worse than it appears to be? Would you have enough money to pay the deductible on your insurance?

Yes i can cover the deductible and repairs if needed.

But hidden damage and everyrhing will cost thousands. Trying to fet a rental car for work today. Likely will take around 2 weeks for everything all nice and nice.

More explanation later

that doesn't look like it was a hit at high speed. doubt there is hidden damage.

There is a bunch of hidden damage to the frame and everything. Dont know the specifics off the top of my head. Had to go to work so couldnt wait for the rental car. Hopefully picking it up tm.

Not going to say anything but this girl hitting me is a blessing in disguise. I am getting HOOKED UP. Going to look mint when I get it back.... in two weeks :(

Cant wait!! I might go on a little drive to get a good dose of boost before i get some little corolla or something.

Archived