LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could come, but I don't have all my mods yet. I look forward to visiting BrenTuning in the near future, though. I do love the fact that there's an A4 under the tent in the pic... I miss mine:(

That would be Sigma's 05 BNR68'd LGT getting tuned under that tent.

If you're free that day feel free to come by and hang out. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in the meantime.

Bren (and others!) - Any recommendations for performance clutch upgrades? At 50k+ miles and after it took a burn from my girl digging out from the snowstorm, I'm starting my research for the inevitable replacement. Specific models or general manufacturers that you like/trust would be equally useful! Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

• I Donated

Lalgt gave me this advice about clutches.

If you have NO chance of ever going stage 3 and do not roast your clutch often

EXEDY OEM CLUTCH

If you want more holding power with easier, softer modulation than oem go

CLUTCHMASTER

if you want ACT performance with a pedal a little heavier than stock go

COMP.

I could not be happier with my COMP clutch that I bought and had installed by Mike.

Max

One launch lol :spin:

I was thinking in the 2-3 range lol. As crazy as it sounds I think I'm going to try the stage 3 clutch by XTd (eBay clutch). I ran one on my DSM which had 400 wtq and had maybe 25 launches at the track with launch control and about 18k miles with no issues but, they are noisy. That's the only thing on eBay I have ever used on my car and for $1xx it was worth every penny (I was very skeptical at first). I would never use their TOB or flywheel though.

Alright let's hear the negative comments lol

Normally I would but to have that kind of success for that little money is hard to say no. A bunch if the DSM guys use them with no issues. Only have heard a couple failures but it was because of the TOB or lack of break in.

I probably won't get it for the leagcy just because of the noise.

Say no to ebay

Won't be able to make dyno day:( but I do have some questions for you Bren as I am going stage 2 with the 5th gen and would like info on an etune or rd tune seeing I am only right next door in Western Ma. Pm coming to you shortly.

Won't be able to make dyno day:( but I do have some questions for you Bren as I am going stage 2 with the 5th gen and would like info on an etune or rd tune seeing I am only right next door in Western Ma. Pm coming to you shortly.

Look forward to it!

Quick question, is tuning needed to install a dw65c fuel pump? I'm assuming not but, want to make sure before tackling it this weekend.

You'll be fine. Remember to swap the spacer onto the new pump. So you don't have to pull the assembly a few times like I did trying to diagnose it lol

Archived