LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

Its been two weeks since I drove the Legacy. I'm going to drive my Miata until the 30th so my Legacy feels like a rocket.

I didn't drive mine since November. Wasn't planning on taking it out till mid march. That first hit of boost. F.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the important part in hand! TurboSmart Kompact Dual port BOV also in the mail... Not sure if that will get installed at the same time as the TMIC, or wait for the RacerX charge pipe... 23 days till install, 26 days till moar powah!

1275018763_photo(18).thumb.JPG.d26801e0f94ccf800f78d47cdc4df099.JPG

1009990549_photo(17).thumb.JPG.7af1bc8b409c49b33d282d5ba6f17e41.JPG

I'd just throw it on with the intercooler. I can't see it being too tough on a 5th gen. Then again I don't really know where it sits.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/would-you-guys-like-nexti-198858p2.html

Page 2, Post #73... looks like it might be a bit of a pain, but I think I'll just ask Bren if there's anything to be gained from having it on, or if it's just peace of mind for reliability... and weigh that against Alberto's opinion about how much of a pain it is...

pffft. call that an intercooler?

I know, I know... It's for a 5th Gen so it's automatically slow and fugly... :rolleyes:;):lol: but our options are limited, so we take what we can get. No front mounts available, and from what I understand, given we don't have the same heat-soak problems as you badasses, it's questionable whether it's necessary...

Yay top mount. Boo front mount.

My understanding of the benefit of front mount was both the fact that you can get a larger area heat exchanger up front and that the airflow up there was much better than through the hood. I imagine there's less heat soak too, but I'm not really sure to what degree each of those factors effects the efficiency of intercooling.

• I Donated
If it's just body work that needs to be done to repair the keying, what's stopping you from still installing the performance mods?

If it was in the shop when he already has a date for the dyno day on the 30th to get tuned he can't turn it in yet.

If it's just body work that needs to be done to repair the keying, what's stopping you from still installing the performance mods?

I have to bring it to the body shop on Wednesday so Im sure its going to be there for quite some time.

I have to bring it to the body shop on Wednesday so Im sure its going to be there for quite some time.

For a quote? Or for the work to be done? Is it not possible to schedule the body work around the install and tune?

For a quote? Or for the work to be done? Is it not possible to schedule the body work around the install and tune?

I have to get the damage assessed Wednesday by Geiko and then take the assessment to my body shop.

Yeah NRW just suggested I do the same thing. I'm going to talk to the body shop and insurance to see if I can schedule it for next month to get repainted.

Archived