LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it sounds like the ebcs works with the wastegate somehow. If bpv/bov is the pressure release valve for the cold side of the system, then I think the turbo wastegate is the pressure release valve for the hot side. From what I'm uderstanding from that thread, the bcs is the more responsive release just before the wastegate actuates? Does that sound right at all or have I totally misunderstood what I'm reading? What about mbcs and ebcs in conjuction. I still don't get that.

What about mbcs and ebcs in conjuction. I still don't get that.

This link is a good read on that topic, as a good part of the discussion devolves to why the OP decided to install a MBCS.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/accidentally-moved-my-boost-controller-help-198837.html

From what I've gathered, the EBCS is mostly ignored when a MBCS is installed and tuned for.

I might be down. Planned to keep my legacy gt all stock since it's my daily and not my weekend car but proving difficult haha.

I will probably pick up a cobb AP and catted downpipe before then and go for stage 2 tune.

Anything else I should get? Being I have an 08 any need to replace the uppipe?

Thanks!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I might be down. Planned to keep my legacy gt all stock since it's my daily and not my weekend car but proving difficult haha.

I will probably pick up a cobb AP and catted downpipe before then and go for stage 2 tune.

Thanks!

I tried keeping myself stock as well but now I am going full stage 3 after only owning the car for 4 months :redface:. Looks like I will start DD'ing my Miata again :lol:

haha yeah it's tough. I was daily driving my 400+whp s2000 until I bought the Legacy GT last week. Don't want to daily the S2000 anymore. Too loud and harsh.

Same here, just got rid of my 06 STI a year ago and my 2G DSM with FP Red so im trying to get my fix again.

Thanks!

A downpipe will get you the bare minimum stage2. Jay (CT08SpecB) has a similar setup if you are looking for some results. No uppipe needed on yours since 07+ came with a catless uppipe.

I would highly recommend switching out the stock BPV with a forge BPV. The stock plastic one bleeds out boost even at stage1 levels. We see it all the time on the dyno.

Other good add ons would be an upgraded intercooler, whether it be a TMIC or FMIC. And a grimmspeed EBCS is a nice addition as well.

A downpipe will get you the bare minimum stage2. Jay (CT08SpecB) has a similar setup if you are looking for some results. No uppipe needed on yours since 07+ came with a catless uppipe.

I would highly recommend switching out the stock BPV with a forge BPV. The stock plastic one bleeds out boost even at stage1 levels. We see it all the time on the dyno.

Other good add ons would be an upgraded intercooler, whether it be a TMIC or FMIC. And a grimmspeed EBCS is a nice addition as well.

Ok thanks! I'll see if I can get those parts in time. How bad is the perrin and Torque solutions tmic? Once installed is it still a paint to deal with?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Ok thanks! I'll see if I can get those parts in time. How bad is the perrin and Torque solutions tmic? Once installed is it still a paint to deal with?

They both work. On some cars they rub the clutch master cylinder, if 5mt. Perrin now sells a spacer to help provide some clearance.

Ok thanks I'll check that out. I do have the 5MT. Does it cause rattling or noises or anything and do the couplers pop off frequently or anything? Seems they cool the air as well or better than some of the others and are half price so if once installed will stay put without issues I would probably go with one of those then.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Oh also. Since I have the SI Drive. Can you do a tune for sport that is lower boost and then a higher stage 2 tune for Sport # ?

If so would that be extra or part of the tune? Buying an AP today and then getting a downpipe shortly. Possibly I'll have a TMIC in time but not sure yet. Id imagine I would. Is the eletronic boost control needed with the Cobb AP still?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Ok thanks I'll check that out. I do have the 5MT. Does it cause rattling or noises or anything and do the couplers pop off frequently or anything? Seems they cool the air as well or better than some of the others and are half price so if once installed will stay put without issues I would probably go with one of those then.

Rattles and rubs.

Oh also. Since I have the SI Drive. Can you do a tune for sport that is lower boost and then a higher stage 2 tune for Sport # ?

If so would that be extra or part of the tune? Buying an AP today and then getting a downpipe shortly. Possibly I'll have a TMIC in time but not sure yet. Id imagine I would. Is the eletronic boost control needed with the Cobb AP still?

We normally set that up on SI drive cars :)

The EBCS is an improvement over the stock setup.

Archived