LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hear from some of those getting tuned. What are you adding to need the tune. How's it going? Do you have all your parts in. Have you installed anything. Gimme my fix so I can live vicariously.

So far I have collected but not on the car yet:

• BNR HTA68 vf43
  • FP oil Line with inline filter
  • RacerX FMIC
  • DW850cc injectors
  • Dw65c fuel pump
  • Cobb heat shield

Still on the purchase list:

• Grimmspeed EBCS
  • Forge BPV
  • KStech 73mm intake with heat shield

On the car already:

• STI uppipe
  • Invidia DP
  • Cobb AccessPort
  • AVO TMIC
  • Borla CBE
  • WRX Clutch w/ SMFW (doubt this clutch is going to last long)

I will be installing everything March 19th.

For me it'll be a new RacerX TMIC for sure... then hopefully a RacerX charge pipe (in development right now) and possibly an upgraded BOV, as these seem to be a few weak points for running boost around 19psi... And any other supporting mods I can justify for reliability/peace of mind. Any suggestions? ;)

This will also be my first time on the dyno after my Stage 2 Brentune, so will be interested in the numbers she can put down (though Stage 1 was done on the Kaizen roller dyno, so precise gains will be unavailable...)

and any other supporting mods i can justify for reliability/peace of mind. Any suggestions? ;)

Ebcs?

Does the Forge BPV fit the 5th gen? Or more to the point, the RacerX TMIC (which I assume is the same flange as the stock 5th gen). I would assume it's all the same.

Ebcs?

Does the Forge BPV fit the 5th gen? Or more to the point, the RacerX TMIC (which I assume is the same flange as the stock 5th gen). I would assume it's all the same.

Noob question: What does the EBCS do? Some of the 5th Gen pioneers have said that with the stock turbo the OEM EBCS is sufficient, but thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely keep it on my radar...

RacerX TMIC has same flanges as stock 5th Gen, but IDK if the Forge BPV fits or not... I haven't started my research here. And am I correct that BPV and BOV are just different names for the same thing? They seem to be used interchangeably, in my limited learning...? :rolleyes:

Noob question: What does the EBCS do? Some of the 5th Gen pioneers have said that with the stock turbo the OEM EBCS is sufficient, but thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely keep it on my radar...

RacerX TMIC has same flanges as stock 5th Gen, but IDK if the Forge BPV fits or not... I haven't started my research here. And am I correct that BPV and BOV are just different names for the same thing? They seem to be used interchangeably, in my limited learning...? :rolleyes:

From grimmspeed:

"Our aftermarket boost controller allows you to raise the OEM boost levels in a quick and efficient manner. If you try to raise the boost on the weak OEM boost solenoid it will start to become unpredictable and unable to maintain proper and safe boost levels. Using our solenoid you are able to spool your turbo quicker and maintain a rock solid boost level. We have made our solenoid to withstand 120psi, way more than any Subaru will see."

If you are being protruned at any stage, I would get the grimmspeed ebcs. It's a 100$ mod that is well worth it.

Yes the forge BPV fits the stock flange so it will fit the racerx TMIC.

On a different topic, I bought a Cobb heat shield thinking I was going to get tuned with my AVO TMIC. Now that I am going with a FMIC, I wonder if its even worth it or if it would even fit.

And of course last night I was bored and DEI gold taped the shit out of it lol.

Bling Yo:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/06/aga2yda4.jpg

Also running a turbo blanket and heatshield. +1 for heat control. Though a blanket might not be a great idea on a 5th gen, cause I would assume that it would trap salt and water since it's down so low.

BPV = by pass valve

BOV = blow off valve

Essentially the same thing serving the same purpose. The only real difference being that a BPV is only designed to recirculate the air back into the system. A blow off valve has the ability to vent to air. A blow off valve usually has a setting that allows it to recirculate 100%, at which point, it effectively becomes a by pass valve. But a by pass valve can never vent to air.

While you can hear a BPV doing it's thing, especially if you have upgraded airflow, a BOV will be much louder. Venting to air is what makes that cool psssh sound when you let off the gas that's a little bit rice, but cool if you like it. To each their own. A BOV also has a little bit higher possibility of causing you to run rich (or is it lean?) without the system really knowing about it because it's post MAF sensor.

Basically it's a way to prevent over pressurization of the system and too much back pressure on the turbo when the fueling and turbo drop off for a gear shift or whatever. They both serve essentially the same purpose, in slightly different ways.

As far as the EBCS ... honestly, I don't really understand what that one does. Somebody want to explain that one to us. Strangely enough, I've heard tell of an EBCS/MBC combo being the best set up. But I don't really understand how that works either. Somebody who knows something chime in here.

Archived